LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Originally posted by btthepunk:
- There is now a deal in place for Hulk Hogan to return to WWE and he's expected to sign any time now.

As late as last Monday night going into Tuesday night before the Network announcement on Wednesday, officials in WWE's TV department were aware of Hogan's return and were preparing to reveal him along with the Network presentation. At one point, mentions of Hogan returning were written into the script that WWE used on the teleprompter at the Network event in Las Vegas.

One person in the know speculated that he wasn't announced with the Network because bringing Hogan back at the same time the Network is announced may have made Hogan seem bigger when all of the attention needed to be on the Network.

Hogan will be appearing at WrestleMania XXX in some fashion.

Hogan AND Warrior involved at WM30? Wow.

BOUT TIME WARRIOR GOT INDUCTED! THE GOAT NEXT TO FLAIR.

No way Hogan and Warrior ''wrestle'' each other. Warrior hates that guy with a passion.
I swear to god WWE is as dumb as TNA.

You have the Outlaws turn on Punk a week after they help Punk beat up The Shield, and Jake The Snake Roberts returns? Who is this on, HHH, Vince or his dumbass daughter, who knows s**t about wrestling.

And Bryan/Wyatt over already. I didn't even watch it. I am sick of WWE, their network will be dumb as hell. Idk the rate, but I'm not paying anything for it, especially for there crap that they call PPVs. Everyone ends nearly the same god damn way.

Wrestling sucks nowadays. I wish ECW was around. Heyman is smarter thn all those 3 combined. Vince is shaping Hunter into Vince 2.0. I thought I would never see HHH look and act like a douchebag.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I swear to god WWE is as dumb as TNA.

You have the Outlaws turn on Punk a week after they help Punk beat up The Shield, and Jake The Snake Roberts returns? Who is this on, HHH, Vince or his dumbass daughter, who knows s**t about wrestling.

And Bryan/Wyatt over already. I didn't even watch it. I am sick of WWE, their network will be dumb as hell. Idk the rate, but I'm not paying anything for it, especially for there crap that they call PPVs. Everyone ends nearly the same god damn way.

Wrestling sucks nowadays. I wish ECW was around. Heyman is smarter thn all those 3 combined. Vince is shaping Hunter into Vince 2.0. I thought I would never see HHH look and act like a douchebag.

my guess is that the storylines are all being fast forwarded to setup
(Coked up VInce Mcmahon voice)
WRESSTLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEE MAAAAAAAAAAAAAANIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!rrrrrrrhhhhhhhAAAHGHHHH!!!
wtf I thought Ryback was let go because of his tweets? Did he troll us?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

No way Hogan and Warrior ''wrestle'' each other. Warrior hates that guy with a passion.

That's what I meant. If Warrior weren't so bats**t crazy he probably would have been in already. I liked him and all but looking back there's at least 15-20 wrestlers Id put ahead of him on the GOAT list. Savage is much more deserving but his brother is a dick and always put up a fight when Vince wanted to induct him. May happen soon though.

It's really cool to see Vince settle old feuds/rivalries with some of the old wrestlers to get them in the HOF.

That's what I meant. If Warrior weren't so bats**t crazy he probably would have been in already. I liked him and all but looking back there's at least 15-20 wrestlers Id put ahead of him on the GOAT list. Savage is much more deserving but his brother is a dick and always put up a fight when Vince wanted to induct him. May happen soon though.

It's really cool to see Vince settle old feuds/rivalries with some of the old wrestlers to get them in the HOF.

I think it's more HHH than anything. IIRC Bruno Sammartino had beef with Vince but HHH squashed it.
The Yes Chant tonight was pretty epic though so I'm glad there was a good crowd on hand for the turn.

I think it's more HHH than anything. IIRC Bruno Sammartino had beef with Vince but HHH squashed it.

Yeah because Vince wanted him in so badly and he knew Bruno would actually talk to HHH and not him. Seeing Vince hug him and raise his hand after his speech at the ceremony was awesome.
so much hate on here lol.

i actually thought yesterday's RAW was good. the crowd was real into it, especially with the whole DB/Wyatts thing. DB finally got what he wanted....Bray in a cage with no one to help.

As far as NAO/Punk, i can see Hunter making the call for that to happen.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

i actually thought yesterday's RAW was good. the crowd was real into it, especially with the whole DB/Wyatts thing. DB finally got what he wanted....Bray in a cage with no one to help.

ya, i think it was good. people are complaining that they ended it too soon, which is wrong. we're going to now see a match at the royal rumble between wyatt and bryan, which will leave the door open for bryan vs. ??? at WM for the title. either that or bryan vs. undertaker.

this scenario reminds me a lot of when austin finally won the title back at wrestlemania, when it was mcmahon/therock running running the corporation. they kept screwing austin, and he also had a feud with the undertaker during that timeline.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Jan 14, 2014 at 11:03 AM ]

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

ya, i think it was good. people are complaining that they ended it too soon, which is wrong. we're going to now see a match at the royal rumble between wyatt and bryan, which will leave the door open for bryan vs. ??? at WM for the title. either that or bryan vs. undertaker.

this scenario reminds me a lot of when austin finally won the title back at wrestlemania, when it was mcmahon/therock running running the corporation. they kept screwing austin, and he also had a feud with the undertaker during that timeline.

I'm really hoping Bryan wins the Rumble then beats Orton at WM. Vince realizes that he's the biggest star there is now. When is the last raw that he didn't close out?
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

I'm really hoping Bryan wins the Rumble then beats Orton at WM. Vince realizes that he's the biggest star there is now. When is the last raw that he didn't close out?

Bryan's pop last night along with CM Punk's pop at Chicago when he beat Cena prior to "ending his contract" were some of the biggest pops in this new era
Bryan's pop last night along with CM Punk's pop at Chicago when he beat Cena prior to "ending his contract" were some of the biggest pops in this new era

Or everytime Punk is in Chicago. At Payback when he returned and wrestled Jericho was a huge pop. Or Bryan in Seattle during the Ascension ceremony thing.

Or everytime Punk is in Chicago. At Payback when he returned and wrestled Jericho was a huge pop. Or Bryan in Seattle during the Ascension ceremony thing.

yup. those two, along with the shield, are the future of this company
  • jrg
  • Veteran
damn. just finished lat nights episode. daniel bryan had that crowd going nuts
Share 49ersWebzone