Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

Originally posted by fropwns:

And yes, even this one.

still a great match considering the magnitude and popularity of both wrestlers
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
As I look back, I can never call Hulk Hogan a tremendous technical wrestler. Quite frankly hardly any of the guys that make the top ten are great technical wrestlers. What he did, and that Vince choreographed and to a lesser, but also notable extent, Eric Biscoff as well, was the moment. The best part of Hogan matches are the beginning, middle, and end. It was a complete experience. Again, not from a technical aspect, but a dramatic one. It worked for Hogan. It really could not for Chris Benoit or Eddie Guerrero nor any of the others. HBK had that charisma and move set, but he was more showman than technical wrestler. He most certainly could work a match.

Hogan made you watch whether he was good or bad because he could. He also made you care. His turn to the NWO is legendary. Nobody saw it coming. Aging superstar, can he do anything else? Yup.

Dusty Rhodes commentary is on point! "He slept with the Devil" "You have to look yourself in the mirror."
[ Edited by fropwns on Nov 6, 2013 at 8:09 AM ]
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

And yes, even this one.

still a great match considering the magnitude and popularity of both wrestlers
I remember watching as a kid and was both happy and sad. I had never seen Hogan lose clean before.
the Hogan heel turn was one of the greatest moments in wrestling history. i still remember being shocked witnessing that.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
the Hogan heel turn was one of the greatest moments in wrestling history. i still remember being shocked witnessing that.

My buddy and I chipped in and got it on PPV and watched it live. (----This was our reaction.
I thought for sure that the Outsiders were going to lose because of the WCW homerism so I was cheering for Razor and Diesel. I did not see that Hogan swerve coming. I jumped up like OOOOOHHH
Now nothing is safe these days from.the IWC since they can see something down the line months in advance. It is up to the writers to swerve at specs and rumors by changing things the last possible minute.

My buddy and I chipped in and got it on PPV and watched it live. (----This was our reaction.

I remember that! Must have been amazing and shocking to be there live. That was the beginning of WCWs highest popularity ever. At the time, WWE was struggling and only had SCSA and DX that were worth watching.
As of this past week, the plan to turn Roman Reigns babyface is scheduled to be fast-tracked. WWE officials are looking at him as being the new young golden boy of the promotion. On RAW this week they did nothing past put him in a position where his spear on Big Show was designed to make people pop.

Originally posted by mcbaes72:

I remember that! Must have been amazing and shocking to be there live. That was the beginning of WCWs highest popularity ever. At the time, WWE was struggling and only had SCSA and DX that were worth watching.

I remember it like it was yesterday. Can't believe that it was 17 years ago. I was excited because I never liked HBK much back then and he was the top guy and champ so it gave me something else to watch while he was on.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Miz turning heel

#t=11
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

I remember it like it was yesterday. Can't believe that it was 17 years ago. I was excited because I never liked HBK much back then and he was the top guy and champ so it gave me something else to watch while he was on.
Gentlemen, we have been picked on. We've been mocked for our love of grown men that are half naked wrestling each other in a ring that makes them sweaty...... Er...let's forget that part. Where was I? Ah yes. We aren't going to take this s**t anymore, brother!

Stand beside me if you are down with the NEW WORLD ORDER OF THE ZONE!

[ Edited by fropwns on Nov 7, 2013 at 7:15 AM ]
almost forgot how awesome this theme was

• jrg
  • Veteran
almost forgot how awesome this theme was

agreed. bet you heard this on wwe 2k14
Share 49ersWebzone