LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Connor McGregor doe!
anyone ever tap shogun before? Impressive, Sonnen.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
meh, f**k sonnen. shogun isn't that good anyway. Hasn't been since he left Pride.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Forrest Griffin.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Forrest Griffin.

i was there. UFC 76 at the pond.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Overeem got KTFO

I was hoping for more from this foo but he did look good early on. And he definitely gassed out ala Shane Carwin vs. Brock after trying to put Browne away early. Overeem still looks stiff and robotic with all that muscle and he's been averaging 4.5 fights per year over the past 14 years so he has a lot of wear and tear. I think he needs a break or should retire. I liked Browne's quote during the post fight, "My mind was all there but those knees were shutting my body down."

Browne calling out Cain :)
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Aug 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Overeem got KTFO

I was hoping for more from this foo but he did look good early on. And he definitely gassed out ala Shane Carwin vs. Brock after trying to put Browne away early. Overeem still looks stiff and robotic with all that muscle and he's been averaging 4.5 fights per year over the past 14 years so he has a lot of wear and tear. I think he needs a break or should retire. I liked Browne's quote during the post fight, "My mind was all there but those knees were shutting my body down."

As a fan of Browne because of the home town bias, I think Cain would KO or TKO Browne. Not trying to take credit from Browne, but I also think that fight had a lot to do with Overeems mistakes too. You'd think after being a professional kick boxer he would check those kicks, nope just continued ignoring them leaving himself open. I also don't think Browne could give Cain any chances like he did Overeem, hes very lucky Overeem blew his load after that flurry, Cain won't do the same.

And how about my boy Urijah Faber, that was some nasty GnP to Iuri, also a good job grappling. I thought for sure Faber would get caught in a RNC. If he fought like that vs. Cruz he would be champ again.

And I knew Chael was gonna smother, sure that's his game and all, and Rua should've been more prepared for it.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Overeem got KTFO

As a fan of Browne because of the home town bias, I think Cain would KO or TKO Browne. Not trying to take credit from Browne, but I also think that fight had a lot to do with Overeems mistakes too. You'd think after being a professional kick boxer he would check those kicks, nope just continued ignoring them leaving himself open. I also don't think Browne could give Cain any chances like he did Overeem, hes very lucky Overeem blew his load after that flurry, Cain won't do the same.

And how about my boy Urijah Faber, that was some nasty GnP to Iuri, also a good job grappling. I thought for sure Faber would get caught in a RNC. If he fought like that vs. Cruz he would be champ again.

And I knew Chael was gonna smother, sure that's his game and all, and Rua should've been more prepared for it.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

Overall UFC Fox Sport 1 put up a good show...But looking @ the Future....

With Sonnen calling out Wandy for a fight (2 other Brazillians tweeted for a fight w/ Sonnen). Vitor and Machida
Matt Brown deserves to fight the top WW, give him Rory Mcdonald. Whoever wins gets #1 shot of the winner of GSP vs Hendrick..
Travis "Hapa" Browne just kicked himself in for a #1 contender match..(Werdum, Cormier, etc)
Faber win, with the Champ Barao out and don't know if Cruz will ever come back. Does Faber move up @ 145???? Or does UFC give Michael McDonald (who choked pickett) a shot of the California Boy......
a night full of upsets.

Yo Overeem, you're a fckin K1 champ and you can't throw any kicks?! jeez...

Sucks for Shogun. Dude is at a crossroad. I'd wanna see a Chael vs. Wandy fight.

Matt Brown and McGregor looked impressive. and my boy Urijah looked awesome.

Uriah Hall has been a major disappointment. So dominant on TUF only to be underwhelming under the bright lights. How are you gonna lose to Doomsday?!

[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Aug 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM ]

Overeem had that guy dead to rights, just punched himself out during the mount. Like I said before, with his testosterone levels that high and coming down from the roids, he is going to be alot slower and alot more fatigued easier. It showed big time.

Chael is lame. Wandy? A HW? Shogun really didn't want to lose to Sonnen.

I can't wait to fap...i mean.. see TUF with the girls and guys. It goes;

1)Gina Carano
2)Rousey
3)Taters.
and Lauzon...damn son. What happened?

I see UFC is implementing odds and favorite statistics before a match. Good strategory.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I thought bacne dude was gonna kill the other guy. He was hitting him fkn HARD. I felt bad for the dude but he just kept coming. Prolly gonna die of a brain hemorrhage.

btw, Fox 1 had some awesome angles of the fights. Especially that one from ground level. pretty cool.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I thought bacne dude was gonna kill the other guy. He was hitting him fkn HARD. I felt bad for the dude but he just kept coming. Prolly gonna die of a brain hemorrhage.

btw, Fox 1 had some awesome angles of the fights. Especially that one from ground level. pretty cool.

this. i was like "damn, they tryna get all in that booty sweat "
Glory Kickboxing debuts on Spike this coming October. TYRONE SPONG!!!

Share 49ersWebzone