There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

alot of boxers dropped Roach because of his worsening condition but HEY , it's going to a handi cause.
I hope Cain wins convincingly so the Jon Jones vs Cain talks can commence.

IIRC Jones is taller than Cain too. Should even up the tales of the tape on most.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
alot of boxers dropped Roach because of his worsening condition but HEY , it's going to a handi cause.
I hope Cain wins convincingly so the Jon Jones vs Cain talks can commence.

IIRC Jones is taller than Cain too. Should even up the tales of the tape on most.

I don't know about his worsening condition he still looks like he can coach boxing to me.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think its awesome Shogun is being coached by Freddie Roach I've always liked him, I don't know why more MMA fighters don't work with him.

Btw UFCFN 26 card looks pretty decent, gotta go with the boys from Hawaii always and my boy Faber who I think will have a tough fight against Alcantara. I mean hopefully it has some exciting fights with Uriah Hall, Diego Brandao, Brad Pickett, Joe Lauzon and after one year Manny Gamburyan is back.

Uriah Hall needs to impress.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
I think its awesome Shogun is being coached by Freddie Roach I've always liked him, I don't know why more MMA fighters don't work with him.

Btw UFCFN 26 card looks pretty decent, gotta go with the boys from Hawaii always and my boy Faber who I think will have a tough fight against Alcantara. I mean hopefully it has some exciting fights with Uriah Hall, Diego Brandao, Brad Pickett, Joe Lauzon and after one year Manny Gamburyan is back.

What Uriah Hall NEEDS to do is work on his ground game I see no transitions, sweeps or submission defense in his game. Remember when Rhonda Rousey rolled with him absolutely no transition what so ever, dude needs to move his hips more. Uriah is lucky Dana White set him up with John Howard who also likes to strike.

What Uriah Hall NEEDS to do is work on his ground game I see no transitions, sweeps or submission defense in his game. Remember when Rhonda Rousey rolled with him absolutely no transition what so ever, dude needs to move his hips more. Uriah is lucky Dana White set him up with John Howard who also likes to strike.

he needs to get over himself and just fight. he's a fantastic striker. he needs to just let it go and not let the bright lights affect him or play too nervous.

he needs to get over himself and just fight. he's a fantastic striker. he needs to just let it go and not let the bright lights affect him or play too nervous.

Uriah Hall getting a Main Card fight before Gastelum...........
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

ala Dana White.
I saw your boy Spong last night Kolohe. Impressive but of course I had no idea who he was fighting. But I understand he's transitioning from sport to sport so you can't rush it. Co-main event was pretty good too and damn bloody. It was a Jose Aldo kick em down low night of fights. Also, I missed this matchup but here it is on Youtube:

[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Aug 11, 2013 at 10:17 AM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I saw your boy Spong last night Kolohe. Impressive but of course I had no idea who he was fighting. But I understand he's transitioning from sport to sport so you can't rush it. Co-main event was pretty good too and damn bloody. It was a Jose Aldo kick em down low night of fights. Also, I missed this matchup but here it is on Youtube:

Spong is actually MY boy!!! lol

the performance was a bit meh, tho. the leg kicks were painful to watch, but that was expected. I wanted to see a little bit more of his MMA game, but I can see why they'd stick to what his strengths are. he was bigger and stronger than DeAnda, but that dude showed a lot of grit and toughness.

the performance was a bit meh, tho. the leg kicks were painful to watch, but that was expected. I wanted to see a little bit more of his MMA game, but I can see why they'd stick to what his strengths are. he was bigger and stronger than DeAnda, but that dude showed a lot of grit and toughness.

Doh lol. Sorry. I'll be watching this guy more closely. Man...those leg kicks -- lightning quick and automatic. I love the kickboxers. Crocop was my favorite and drew me into watching MMA. That'd be kick ass if these two fought in a K1 matchup exhibition or something.

Doh lol. Sorry. I'll be watching this guy more closely. Man...those leg kicks -- lightning quick and automatic. I love the kickboxers. Crocop was my favorite and drew me into watching MMA. That'd be kick ass if these two fought in a K1 matchup exhibition or something.

that'd be awesome. lookup Spong vs. Overeem. he held his own.
so i think the Fox Sports 1 channel launched on xfinity, but it doesn't show any UFC events this saturday.
Belfort vs. Machida in the works.

Also, after a lot of legal issues, Eddie Alvarez will have to wait before he can fight in the Octagon and will have to stay with Bellator. He's fighting Michael Chandler in November.
any upcoming fights?

Boxing is just setting up for Canelo/May Garcia/Mattyse

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

ala Dana White.

isn't Gastelum on a main card next month?