There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by SF69ers:
GSP wants Hendricks to do voluntary drug testing. Can't wait to see the NEW UNDISPUTED UFC WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!!

cant wait for Hendricks to destroy GSP!
Originally posted by Knowledge:
GSP wants Hendricks to do voluntary drug testing. Can't wait to see the NEW UNDISPUTED UFC WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!!

What happened the last time an accomplished wrestler with significant KO power went up against GSP?

How convenient...TJ Grant is suddenly injured and has been pulled from his fight against Ben Henderson in Milwaukee.

You guys can probably guess the rest. Anthony Pettis has been selected to take Grant's place. Milwaukee is his hometown. Pettis vs. Henderson 2 is now official.

yeah this one doesnt pass the smell test for me, think maybe grant was chipped off to step aside, i heard ticket sales were kinda meh for this event. put pettis in his hometown, in the rematch of the fight of the year from 2010 and that will change things. happy this happened though, i thought pettis was a moron for a taking the aldo fight cus he was tired of waiting when it was pretty clear after bendo was done fighting in april that he'd be ready for a rather quick turn around.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by Knowledge:

What happened the last time an accomplished wrestler with significant KO power went up against GSP?

Nah forty, Koscheck has nowhere near the KO power Hendricks has. With that said, I expect this fight to be on the ground, I'm willing to bet GSP wants no part of Hendricks striking.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Nah forty, Koscheck has nowhere near the KO power Hendricks has. With that said, I expect this fight to be on the ground, I'm willing to bet GSP wants no part of Hendricks striking.

agreed with Kolohe. Kos is a really good all around fighter, but he was one dimensional against GSP in that fight. i don't know why he didn't try to wrestle more instead of being a punching bag. Hendricks is different. he's a lot stronger than Kos as far as wrestling and is a much stronger striker, and slightly unorthodox for a southpaw.

agreed with Kolohe. Kos is a really good all around fighter, but he was one dimensional against GSP in that fight. i don't know why he didn't try to wrestle more instead of being a punching bag. Hendricks is different. he's a lot stronger than Kos as far as wrestling and is a much stronger striker, and slightly unorthodox for a southpaw.

yeah...... "i'm gonna throw wild haymakers for 5 rounds..... that's the ticket!!!!"
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

yeah...... "i'm gonna throw wild haymakers for 5 rounds..... that's the ticket!!!!"

lawl

http://www.bjpenn.com/michael-bisping-refutes-rumors-that-he-was-kod-while-sparring/
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
lawl

http://www.bjpenn.com/michael-bisping-refutes-rumors-that-he-was-kod-while-sparring/

can't wait for Munoz to KO him.
well that's new. Sonnen showing nothing but respect towards Shogun. says he "admires him and is a true legend".
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
well that's new. Sonnen showing nothing but respect towards Shogun. says he "admires him and is a true legend".

Somethings up. lol
Cain Velasquez >>>>
kinda already knew he was a dick

"So all my career I've been compared to Rampage, people tell me how I look like him fight like him etc, well after five years I finally met him and wow it was not worth it so check this out: I tell him how I'm a big fan how I'm compared to him and that I feel I could never fill his shoes etc all good s**t gave him the highest respect as soon as I leave he started talking s**t behind my back. He didn't know my bro was in the room so he was basically saying who is this little mofo and who does he think he is or something like that and it's sad cuz a dude like that going to crush the chances for the next little dudes that come down the line. I'm not really tripping about the situation just more so thrown off by it cuz when u see theses dudes on TV they look one way but there totally another #Exposed. To think I waited five years for that. It's funny how I never imagined to be in a room with these legends but what would transpire #blownaway."

UFC lightweight Bobby Green took to twitter recently to recount his recent run in with former UFC Champion, Rampage Jackson.

Read more at http://www.bjpenn.com/bobby-green-exposes-rampage-for-public-diss/#oXOk48bbuLl8AESR.99 - See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/bobby-green-exposes-rampage-for-public-diss/#sthash.uX3k6LfF.dpuf
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
kinda already knew he was a dick

"So all my career I've been compared to Rampage, people tell me how I look like him fight like him etc, well after five years I finally met him and wow it was not worth it so check this out: I tell him how I'm a big fan how I'm compared to him and that I feel I could never fill his shoes etc all good s**t gave him the highest respect as soon as I leave he started talking s**t behind my back. He didn't know my bro was in the room so he was basically saying who is this little mofo and who does he think he is or something like that and it's sad cuz a dude like that going to crush the chances for the next little dudes that come down the line. I'm not really tripping about the situation just more so thrown off by it cuz when u see theses dudes on TV they look one way but there totally another #Exposed. To think I waited five years for that. It's funny how I never imagined to be in a room with these legends but what would transpire #blownaway."

UFC lightweight Bobby Green took to twitter recently to recount his recent run in with former UFC Champion, Rampage Jackson.

Read more at http://www.bjpenn.com/bobby-green-exposes-rampage-for-public-diss/#oXOk48bbuLl8AESR.99 - See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/bobby-green-exposes-rampage-for-public-diss/#sthash.uX3k6LfF.dpuf

Yah I figured he'd be a dick too, he doesn't look like someone you could just go up to. He was at Kailua Beach on Oahu on the 4th of July a few years ago, my friend went up to him and asked him for an autograph, and he said if you were a women I'd give one. Fighters who I heard are real cool to ask for an autograph and small talk are Anderson Silva, GSP, Urijah Faber and BJ Penn.
Yah I figured he'd be a dick too, he doesn't look like someone you could just go up to. He was at Kailua Beach on Oahu on the 4th of July a few years ago, my friend went up to him and asked him for an autograph, and he said if you were a women I'd give one. Fighters who I heard are real cool to ask for an autograph and small talk are Anderson Silva, GSP, Urijah Faber and BJ Penn.

I've heard of those fighters too, Urijah, especially. A friend of mine saw him at a restaurant and was star struck but knew not to bother him since he was eating. Faber noticed he was looking at him so actually called him over for small talk. that's wsup. i heard Wanderlei is real cool, too.