There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
What a dumb ass Silva was last night, he looked careless, his hands weren't up almost the whole fight and he got caught.
thanks for the links brotha's from other motha's...

silva must be really bored to fight that sloppy
he did the same s**t for the last two rounds of the Maia fight. he just finally got caught. If he gets a rematch and takes it seriously, I think he'll beat Weidman rather easily.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he did the same s**t for the last two rounds of the Maia fight. he just finally got caught. If he gets a rematch and takes it seriously, I think he'll beat Weidman rather easily.

Well as they all say his time to beat Weidman was now considering that Weidman was coming off an injury, didn't have Matt Serra in his corner, and still hasn't peaked. But maybe he needs time away from the sport to rekindle a fire within - we'll see.

That crescent kick he threw before he got caught and right after Weidman threw his kick had bad intentions. If if had landed I think it would have finished off Weidman. He wanted to end the fight there and since it missed went to try and lull Weidman to sleep again with his antics.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Jul 8, 2013 at 7:06 AM ]
great card all around.

Barbosa is fckin monster with those leg kicks. the other dude's legs were bruised and bleeding!

Swanson really surprised me the way he took out Siver. I thought it was going to be more competitive but it was one sided.

Munoz is BACK! great comeback fight for him. he dominated.

Edgar looked real good against Oliveira. standup is still top notch and he wasn't even tired.

Now, on to Silva...I agree with Chaz and others that he didn't throw the fight. it was a typical Silva performance, trying to razzle dazzle, be fancy, show his greatness, but he got caught. in the 1st round, after he was getting GnP on the ground, he got back up and started landing leg kicks and jabs. he was definitely serious about trying to win, at least. what no one brought up is how good Weidman is. the dude is undefeated for a reason. strong hands and great wrestling. he's pretty much a quicker Dan Henderson when I see him fight.

another thing about Silva is that he knew Roy Jones was at the event watching the fight. a man that he not only respects, but someone he's been wanting to have a boxing exhibition with for years. why would he want to get KO'd in front of him?

it wasn't a thrown fight. it was Silva being cocky and getting KO'd for it. Congrats to Weidman and I hope he stays champ for awhile.

Barbosa!!! if he gets better with his wrestling defense, he could be a contender.
i hate frankie edgar.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
So from post pressure. 100% a rematch coming.

Hes retired.

where'd you hear that?

I was wrong, he still got a 10 fight contract.

what the...... Why would they give a 37-38 y/o fighter a 11 fight contract??

what the...... Why would they give a 37-38 y/o fighter a 11 fight contract??

cuz the dude can still fight.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

yea but he fights like once or twice a year. he'd be at least 42-43 by the time his contract expired.

yea but he fights like once or twice a year. he'd be at least 42-43 by the time his contract expired.

he's pretty durable and hasn't taken that much punishment in his career. he's in just a good of shape as Dan Henderson.
GSP is another guy on his way out. That ''one fight a year '' stuff sucks.

I'd like to see Cain vs Jones even more now that Silva is out.

BTW during the fight Joe Rogan was praising Silva about how much faster he was than Weidman etc. End of an era I guess.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Jul 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM ]

he's pretty durable and hasn't taken that much punishment in his career. he's in just a good of shape as Dan Henderson.

I'd say better, he has a great chin cause he's taken some shots before and that was the first time he was ko'd in... has he ever lost a ko or just submission and disqualification.