• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i hate frankie edgar.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
So from post pressure. 100% a rematch coming.

Hes retired.

where'd you hear that?

I was wrong, he still got a 10 fight contract.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

what the...... Why would they give a 37-38 y/o fighter a 11 fight contract??
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

what the...... Why would they give a 37-38 y/o fighter a 11 fight contract??

cuz the dude can still fight.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:

yea but he fights like once or twice a year. he'd be at least 42-43 by the time his contract expired.

yea but he fights like once or twice a year. he'd be at least 42-43 by the time his contract expired.

he's pretty durable and hasn't taken that much punishment in his career. he's in just a good of shape as Dan Henderson.
GSP is another guy on his way out. That ''one fight a year '' stuff sucks.

I'd like to see Cain vs Jones even more now that Silva is out.

BTW during the fight Joe Rogan was praising Silva about how much faster he was than Weidman etc. End of an era I guess.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Jul 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM ]

he's pretty durable and hasn't taken that much punishment in his career. he's in just a good of shape as Dan Henderson.

I'd say better, he has a great chin cause he's taken some shots before and that was the first time he was ko'd in... has he ever lost a ko or just submission and disqualification.
it's in Silva's court right now. he should move forward with the rematch. GSP and Jones both have their next matches scheduled with Hendricks and Gustafsson, respectively.

if he signs up for the rematch with Weidman, he might try to make a point that the KO from Weidman was a fluke.
glad that dailymotion has the fight already loaded. stupid firstrow was laggin saturday night.

they interviewed Roy Jones after the fight and he said that he was still interesting in an exhibition with Anderson Silva. boxing only. also said that Silva is still one of the best in MMA regardless of getting KO'd.

glad that dailymotion has the fight already loaded. stupid firstrow was laggin saturday night.

they interviewed Roy Jones after the fight and he said that he was still interesting in an exhibition with Anderson Silva. boxing only. also said that Silva is still one of the best in MMA regardless of getting KO'd.

Roy Jones can't box ever since the roids left him. Dude is done

ht
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Roy Jones can't box ever since the roids left him. Dude is done

ht

arent all of those clips from when he was already older than dirt?
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
arent all of those clips from when he was already older than dirt?

and only from two fights?

regardless, it would be fun to see a boxing exhibition between Roy and Anderson.
when do the heavys fight next? Jones?

If Cain breezes through guys he already beat, he'll be asked to fight Jon Jones. I wanna see that ish
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
when do the heavys fight next? Jones?

If Cain breezes through guys he already beat, he'll be asked to fight Jon Jones. I wanna see that ish

i can't wait till that fight happens. that is, of course, if Jones gets past Gus.
Share 49ersWebzone