There are 143 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
that was fake as s**t.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
that was fake as s**t.

yea i just found out, too. looks like Bravo did this with a bunch of his classes to prank them.

Laranja is fckin crazy, tho
Kolohe, here's a highlight vid of Spong. If he learns to defend the takedown, could be a big player at 205

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:
that was fake as s**t.

yea i just found out, too. looks like Bravo did this with a bunch of his classes to prank them.

Laranja is fckin crazy, tho
oh, didn't watch the whole thing, just the "choke." Obviously fake the way he just went out and got up like nothing after. U get choked out, you don't just get up like that.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Who is Spong 69er?? Is he from Bellatar??

Btw Jiu-Jitsu fans Metamoris 3 main event will be Eddie Bravo vs. Royler Gracie.....This will be a rematch, Eddie Bravo won last time.

Metamoris is THEE Jiu-Jitsu competition to watch, its the UFC of Jiu-jitsu.

Eddie Bravo is the frickin man!!!

"I would like to see all no-gi, but that's my personal preference," he said. "All those tournaments end up being tug-of-war on the sleeves and tug-of-war on the pants, and the sport of grappling struggles when we've got guys playing tug-of-war. I think that the gi doesn't define jiu-jitsu."

Tyrone Spong is a kickboxing champion. fought at cruiserweight, middleweight, light heavyweight, and now heavyweight. he's fought Overeem and almost won despite a big size differential. Dude is absolute beast in his standup. He's making the transition to MMA fighting for WSOF (World Series of Fighting). He trains with the Blackzilians. Rashad Evans is his main training partner, I believe.

Did you hear about Bravo's altercation with Renato Laranja? Laranja is one of the most ruthless BJJ guys in the world. He visited Bravo's gym and they got into a fight. Laranja choked him out.

not sure if it's real or a prank.

Wow friggin awesome, well if Evans is one of his coaches then you can be sure he'll show him a strong ground game, wrestling and GnP. What weight will this guy fight at, IMO I think he would fit right in at 170 or 185, he just doesn't look like a light heavy or heavy weight.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wow friggin awesome, well if Evans is one of his coaches then you can be sure he'll show him a strong ground game, wrestling and GnP. What weight will this guy fight at, IMO I think he would fit right in at 170 or 185, he just doesn't look like a light heavy or heavy weight.

definitely not a heavyweight, but he fights real well at 205. he's got a lot of power in his strikes and throws crazy body shots. dropping down to 185 might be too much for him.
wow, so i just read that the "relentless BJJ guy", Renato Laranja, isn't even a fighter. he's an actor.
Spike TV just signed a deal with Glory Kickboxing.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

lol who lol

lol who lol

it's a good promotion that has a damn good roster, including Tyrone Spong.

Anybody watch Fight master?Bellators' Tuf
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Anybody watch Fight master?Bellators' Tuf

it's okay. i figured they were gonna show more of the coaches then they do the fights. they need to step their game up there.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
UFC announces Ultimate fighter China............would love to see some shaolin monk come in and whip ass
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/6/29/4477220/report-ufc-announces-launch-the-ultimate-fighter-china
Originally posted by jimrat:
UFC announces Ultimate fighter China............would love to see some shaolin monk come in and whip ass
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/6/29/4477220/report-ufc-announces-launch-the-ultimate-fighter-china

Or Jet Li.
great card this Saturday

Main card PPV (10 p.m. ET):
Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman
Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira
Roger Gracie vs. Tim Kennedy
Tim Boetsch vs. Mark Munoz
Cub Swanson vs. Dennis Siver

FX prelims (8 p.m. ET):
Chris Leben vs. Andrew Craig
Norman Parke vs. Kazuki Tokudome
Edson Barboza vs. Rafaello Oliveira