LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
What a s**tty card backed up by s**tty fights.

Agree, boring as hell, Woodley got Robbed, Shields makes Jon Fitch look like an exiting fighter. The chick fight was turrible.........an all around s**t card.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
maybe im underrating GSP's standup, but i think he'll be too scared to stand with Hendricks cuz of his power.

No your not underrating it IMO. GSP is pretty technical and has great footwork but standing and trading for 5 rounds with Hendricks would be very risky, as I think Hendricks knows he has to constantly close the distance, push the pace and pressure Georges if he wants to win (or try to put GSP on his back and try to ground and pound him out, which may be his strategy despite what he has said in interviews). If he lets GSP circle away from his left hand and control the fight with his jab he will lose on points just like Kos.

I am curious to see if GSP can take him down...Big Rig seems very confident that he can stuff Georges TD's but I can't remember a fight where GSP couldn't score a takedown. Kos, Fitch and even Matt Hughes all got taken down...hard to see Hendricks stuffing everything. And can Hendricks get back to his feet if Georges does get him down...don't think he realizes how good GSP's top control is. I think ultimately GSP's top control will be the difference and he will wear Johnny down with his top control and outpoint him.

Originally posted by jimrat:
Agree, boring as hell, Woodley got Robbed, Shields makes Jon Fitch look like an exiting fighter. The chick fight was turrible.........an all around s**t card.

Jake won the fight because Woodley didn't do much. Shields was the aggressor and pushed the pace and for the most part controlled the clinch. He also landed more strikes. It was by no stretch a robbery. Woodley should have been more aggressive with his standup like his corner was instructing him to do. Woodley won the 3rd but Jake won the first and second.
Bummed that Nelson lost. Hope he'll be back to the top soon.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Bummed that Nelson lost. Hope he'll be back to the top soon.

his contracts up and he doesnt get along with dana very well. its questionable whether he is back in the ufc. i'd call it 50-50 right now.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
these guys are donezo. Sloppy ass fight. No more cardio. Should've been free. ...well....it was technically...but still.

some idiot said that Rashad fights like Mayweather. WTF? Feature fights need to be 5 rounds

missed the event cuz of a grad party glad i didn't miss anything too special. reason why it wasn't 5 rounds was because it wasn't the main event initially. i think Barao defending his title was supposed to be the main event before he got hurt.
Bellator on Spike is on the come up.

It's all the same shti if you ask me. Doesn't matter if Dana is running it or some other dude. BTW Dana is full of lulz on twitter against anyone who trolls him.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Everyone knows that leg kicks are Aldo's most dangerous weapon, why he shied away from it in the Frankie Edgar fight leaves me clueless. Aldo could've put that fight away with those leg kicks that dropped Edgar twice.....was it a sign of mercy the way he did Faber, that's my only guess.

Edgar started catching the leg kick and countering off of that. i was pretty impressed....... Aldo still should have mixed it in more.
If anyone's interested, pretty cool short documentary on Blackzilian member and kickboxing juggernaut, Tyrone Spong, preparing for his fight against Remy Bonjasky

King of the Ring 2: Tyrone Spong

He'll be competing in the Glory light heavyweight kickboxing tourney on Saturday
  • evil
  • Veteran
I normally wouldn't post a damn thing of BR....but this...this is too good.

Bleacher Report: What prompted you to call LeBron James a dork on the Jim Rome show? Is there any sort of history between the two of you?

Chael Sonnen: His name being brought up prompted it. He makesUrkel look cool. I would have liked to call him a t**t, but they changed subjects. Let me tell you a story about LeBron. He asked the UFC for tickets for my fight againstAnderson Silva. We sit the guy front row, and all through the night he snubs our fans. He's a guest in our house and he refuses to sign any autographs or take any pictures unless your cup size was later in the alphabet than he was able to learn. And from what I understand, he thinks the letter purple comes after C. This guy walked up to my fiancee backstage and asks her if there's a Tic Tac in her blouse or if she was just happy to see him. I had a UFC employee tell me he saw a mother wheel her handicapped child up to him to get a picture. Lebron was walking towards them. When he reached the kid, the mother stopped the wheelchair. Lebron took the wheelchair, wheeled it out of the way and kept walking.

I'd like to slap the divots right off his face.

B/R: You versus LeBron James at UFC 200. Who wins the fight, and how?
CS: He'd run away faster than his hairline. His hair went North, his talents went South, and his mother went West.

[ Edited by KRS-1 on Jun 19, 2013 at 7:44 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
stopped reading at "Chael Sonnen"

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Bleacher Report: What prompted you to call LeBron James a dork on the Jim Rome show? Is there any sort of history between the two of you?

Chael Sonnen: His name being brought up prompted it. He makesUrkel look cool. I would have liked to call him a t**t, but they changed subjects. Let me tell you a story about LeBron. He asked the UFC for tickets for my fight againstAnderson Silva. We sit the guy front row, and all through the night he snubs our fans. He's a guest in our house and he refuses to sign any autographs or take any pictures unless your cup size was later in the alphabet than he was able to learn. And from what I understand, he thinks the letter purple comes after C. This guy walked up to my fiancee backstage and asks her if there's a Tic Tac in her blouse or if she was just happy to see him. I had a UFC employee tell me he saw a mother wheel her handicapped child up to him to get a picture. Lebron was walking towards them. When he reached the kid, the mother stopped the wheelchair. Lebron took the wheelchair, wheeled it out of the way and kept walking.

CS: He'd run away faster than his hairline. His hair went North, his talents went South, and his mother went West.

I applaud Chael Sonnen for this, and f*** LeBron James!!!
Lebron would beast on that neverwas.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

No he wouldn't, I think you underestimate Chael's skills. Chael wouldn't even have to hit him and LeBron would flop. lol

Not likely.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Share 49ersWebzone