There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Yeah, DFW said Pettis has to stay at FW and defend that title a couple times at least but it's fine. Don't think anybody at FW will beat him barring a flash KO.

i like pettis and wish him the best i just feel he'll beat aldo, be the champ and have to defend it a few times before we ever see him face henderson again. it was the fight of the year in 2010 i believe and we shouldnt be subject to a tj grant-henderson fight when pettis could have waited until september or october to fight henderson instead of getting too ancy and accepting a fight in august with aldo. i get he was passed over twice when he was told he'd get a shot so he had to take what was in front of him, but he also let clay guida lay and pray on him and had a rather unimpressive win over stephens, he kinda was 50% of the problem there.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
rumors that Frank Mir will welcome Josh Barnett back in the octagon

this is exciting! said someone 10 years ago.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by jimrat:

does it seem like there's been a lot more head kick finishes lately......... used to be (crocop excluded) pretty rare.

I call meh. Hunt was so gassed, he only threw leaping lefts that were so slow, anybody could've parried. Hunt looked beyond exhausted. Sure that kick connected, but he just was so exhumed he just took it. There was a second where he didn't even block a JDS punch, he just kind of threw his back.

btw It seems as if Masszzafggiahti is stopping fights somewhat early so nobody will get that sleep mode KO .

yeah... see Hunt vs. Crocop for how solid his head is.

the early stopping IMO is the UFC covering themselves from potential NFL like lawsuits in the concussion department.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Yeah, DFW said Pettis has to stay at FW and defend that title a couple times at least but it's fine. Don't think anybody at FW will beat him barring a flash KO.

i like pettis and wish him the best i just feel he'll beat aldo, be the champ and have to defend it a few times before we ever see him face henderson again. it was the fight of the year in 2010 i believe and we shouldnt be subject to a tj grant-henderson fight when pettis could have waited until september or october to fight henderson instead of getting too ancy and accepting a fight in august with aldo. i get he was passed over twice when he was told he'd get a shot so he had to take what was in front of him, but he also let clay guida lay and pray on him and had a rather unimpressive win over stephens, he kinda was 50% of the problem there.

personally i think that will be a great fight.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by crabman82:

personally i think that will be a great fight.

yeah it will probably be a pretty good fight, i guess in my opinion knowing it could have been a re-match of the fight of the year from a few years ago is what grinds my gears a little bit.
also breaking today was cat zingano pulling out of the tuf season against ronda rousey due to acl surgery. meisha tate steps in as a coach and gets the next shot at rousey.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
rumors that Frank Mir will welcome Josh Barnett back in the octagon

this is exciting! said someone 10 years ago.

this. i predict Barnett wins.
Jenna Jameson puts Tito Ortiz on blast:

"My ex took my poor children away from me for NO reason. He did drugs and faked drug tests for UFC. I all my time with my babies, he partied. You didn't even show your face while the boys grew, now you want to beat me up???? If you don't like what I'm saying, sue me for my home your living in, sue me for furniture YOU have, sue me for my Phantom! Keep up your lies. I will start posting pics of Tito and his drug use. Lets talk the truth!!!!!!" ~Jameson
Jenna Jameson puts Tito Ortiz on blast:

"My ex took my poor children away from me for NO reason. He did drugs and faked drug tests for UFC. I all my time with my babies, he partied. You didn't even show your face while the boys grew, now you want to beat me up???? If you don't like what I'm saying, sue me for my home your living in, sue me for furniture YOU have, sue me for my Phantom! Keep up your lies. I will start posting pics of Tito and his drug use. Lets talk the truth!!!!!!" ~Jameson

hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned
see guys, that's why u don't marry a chick that sucks dicks for a living.

this.

looks like she's got a bunch of evidence on Tito cheating tests and doing steroids.

this.

looks like she's got a bunch of evidence on Tito cheating tests and doing steroids.

meh, didn't they get together well after tito was any good?

this.

yup. i guess his head was gigantic for a reason.
Fox Sports 1 will hold its first official UFC event on August 28th. event will be headlined by a 5-round rematch between Carlos Condit and Martin Kampann. Another bout rumored for the event is Uriah Hall vs. Nick RIng

this.

yup. i guess his head was gigantic for a reason.

he had to use that instead of his................ deek?