There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
A lot of upsets last night, Maynard, Bowles, Story, Holloway (was robbed). Overall I thought it was a decent card. Cain finally gets his title defense, don't see any of the top 10 beating him any time soon. I don't think JDS deserves a re-match just yet, would like to see him fight one more top contender before he does, maybe Daniel Cormier first.

feels too quick. but i'm still watching

TJ Grant vs Ben Henderson..... i'm intrigued.

TJ Grant with the TKO of Gray should make him a top 5 contender IMO. But I'm pretty sure Henderson has to square away Pettis before anyone else, at least I'd like to see that first.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
A lot of upsets last night, Maynard, Bowles, Story, Holloway (was robbed). Overall I thought it was a decent card. Cain finally gets his title defense, don't see any of the top 10 beating him any time soon. I don't think JDS deserves a re-match just yet, would like to see him fight one more top contender before he does, maybe Daniel Cormier first.

TJ Grant with the TKO of Gray should make him a top 5 contender IMO. But I'm pretty sure Henderson has to square away Pettis before anyone else, at least I'd like to see that first.

*edit* i'm out of the loop never mind *edit*

Pettis vs. Aldo @ UFC 163.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on May 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM ]
Originally posted by jimrat:

does it seem like there's been a lot more head kick finishes lately......... used to be (crocop excluded) pretty rare.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

does it seem like there's been a lot more head kick finishes lately......... used to be (crocop excluded) pretty rare.
And from guys that are not known to kick very often

Pettis f'd up by saying he'd go down to FW to fight aldo cus he was sick of waiting of whatever. what makes it comical is that aldo-pettis is aug 3 i believe while ben henderson-tj grant will take place maybe a month later, maybe 2 tops. the LW title shot was his, all he had to do was let it play out. now if he wins he'll be at FW defending that title. he deserves the next shot no doubt, but he didnt play the game properly. also, tj grant was the 5th rated LW going into the maynard fight, his win only makes him go up.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame

It is too quick. They should have waited a few weeks for Werdum/Big Nog and Roy/Stipe to play out. If Werdum wins he should have been given the shot while JDS should need another win unless Werdum lost.

Cain's last 5 fights : JDS - Big Foot - JDS - Big Foot - JDS.

Originally posted by crabman82:
Pettis f'd up by saying he'd go down to FW to fight aldo cus he was sick of waiting of whatever. what makes it comical is that aldo-pettis is aug 3 i believe while ben henderson-tj grant will take place maybe a month later, maybe 2 tops. the LW title shot was his, all he had to do was let it play out. now if he wins he'll be at FW defending that title. he deserves the next shot no doubt, but he didnt play the game properly. also, tj grant was the 5th rated LW going into the maynard fight, his win only makes him go up.

Pettis vs Aldo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pettis vs Hendo 2. All day erryday and twice on Sunday.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

It is too quick. They should have waited a few weeks for Werdum/Big Nog and Roy/Stipe to play out. If Werdum wins he should have been given the shot while JDS should need another win unless Werdum lost.

Pettis vs Aldo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pettis vs Hendo 2. All day erryday and twice on Sunday.

aldo-pettis is a fine fight but if pettis wins it would be shame to see him down there when we really know he should be at 155.

aldo-pettis is a fine fight but if pettis wins it would be shame to see him down there when we really know he should be at 155.

he could still fight Henderson dec. who knows, by the end of the year Pettis could be the first person to hold two belts at the same time.

if a title shot comes up, take it.

he could still fight Henderson dec. who knows, by the end of the year Pettis could be the first person to hold two belts at the same time.

if a title shot comes up, take it.

i'm pretty sure a stipulation of this pettis-aldo fight was that if pettis wins hes got to stay down there and defend the belt and that if aldo loses he will be coming up to 155.
card was decent. people thinking Hunt having a shot against JDS were kidding themselves. i understand Hunt's fanbase, but in no way was he going to be JDS.

and cain...yea, i don't think he's losing the title anytime soon.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
i'm pretty sure a stipulation of this pettis-aldo fight was that if pettis wins hes got to stay down there and defend the belt and that if aldo loses he will be coming up to 155.

Yeah, DFW said Pettis has to stay at FW and defend that title a couple times at least but it's fine. Don't think anybody at FW will beat him barring a flash KO.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
card was decent. people thinking Hunt having a shot against JDS were kidding themselves. i understand Hunt's fanbase, but in no way was he going to be JDS.

and cain...yea, i don't think he's losing the title anytime soon.

JDS has the ability to beat Cain but it will not be easy. He's gonna need to spend half his training camp on his back working from the bottom (he might as well move into the Nog brothers gym for his camp) and the other half working on TDD. He also might as well train as though this will be a 10 round fight and get his cardio through the roof.

I call meh. Hunt was so gassed, he only threw leaping lefts that were so slow, anybody could've parried. Hunt looked beyond exhausted. Sure that kick connected, but he just was so exhumed he just took it. There was a second where he didn't even block a JDS punch, he just kind of threw his back.

btw It seems as if Masszzafggiahti is stopping fights somewhat early so nobody will get that sleep mode KO .
rumors that Frank Mir will welcome Josh Barnett back in the octagon