There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Silva vs Jones would put up UFC100 numbers.

Floyd took more jabs at MMA saying that Guerrero isn't a boxer but a mma fighter. He's flatfooted , grabs and wrestles.
Originally posted by strickac:
Silva is the man, but I don't think he stands a chance against Jones. If they stand and trade, it's anyone's game. Jones will be able to take Silva down at will and finish the fight. I think that's what we'll see.

I'd love to see Jones put on some weight and move up to HW. There would be a crazy fights will all those heavy hitters.

I'd give the edge to Jones too, simply because he's the bigger, stronger fighter, but I wouldn't count out the Spider with getting a knockout or submission win. He's way too well-rounded a fighter, and dangerous from any position.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on May 3, 2013 at 10:55 AM ]
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Silva vs Jones would put up UFC100 numbers.

Floyd took more jabs at MMA saying that Guerrero isn't a boxer but a mma fighter. He's flatfooted , grabs and wrestles.

"MMA is something you have to start when you're 12 or 13. It has to be a passion. That's the problem with boxing: There's no passion. People want to be record producers, rappers. In MMA, you see that passion. Georges St. Pierre, this is all he wants to do. That's why he's so successful. I think there's room for both MMA and boxing, but boxing just has too many black eyes. It doesn't have a good image. In MMA, even though people are fighting, they have a good image. Very few of them get into tragic troubles where they're beating people up and stuff." ~Tyson
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

surprised there's no free UFC event tonight. Anytime there's a major boxing PPV event, UFC has a free one.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

lol, did he dominate anyone?
Originally posted by pantstickle:
lol, did he dominate anyone?

back in his prime he did, but that was before MMA evolved to what it is now.

Jones would destroy that dude.
Rumored that the first free UFC event on Fox Sports 1 will be GSP vs. Hendricks
What about Couture in his roided prime vs Jones?
Or a Liddell in his prime?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Couture yes, Liddell no. My reason is I think Couture would be able to handle JJ's wrestling, Liddell only has takedown defense JJ would find an opening on him and Liddell would get destroyed.

Couture yes, Liddell no. My reason is I think Couture would be able to handle JJ's wrestling, Liddell only has takedown defense JJ would find an opening on him and Liddell would get destroyed.

I don't think either would have a chance against Jones. Bones is just a different fight. Long, strong, great accuracy in his strikes and extremely explosive. Couture and Chuck would both get KO'd.

I think the only fighter that would have a chance at Bones is in the heavyweight division and his name is Cain Velasquez.
imo, Jones is the best fighter in the history of the UFC. when there's an argument that you can beat anybody, in any division, that makes a pretty special fighter. his size, speed, strenght, fighting ability, and zen like attitude, nobody has this same package.

and can you market anybody better than him? american, exciting to watch, and very respectful; Dana has truly struck gold with Jones. and he's not even in his prime yet...
Fedor in his prime vs. Jones? I'm talking the Fedor that went to town on Big Nog when Big Nog was in his prime.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Fedor in his prime vs. Jones? I'm talking the Fedor that went to town on Big Nog when Big Nog was in his prime.

Was a big fan of Fedor, and this fight would've been interesting. Fedor would have a shot at beating him just because he was so accurate with his punches, but probably 7 times out of 10, Jones would win that fight based on better overall skills.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I don't think either would have a chance against Jones. Bones is just a different fight. Long, strong, great accuracy in his strikes and extremely explosive. Couture and Chuck would both get KO'd.

I think the only fighter that would have a chance at Bones is in the heavyweight division and his name is Cain Velasquez.

Yah after going back and really thinking about it, Couture would get KO'd.