**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Come on, where's the gif at?

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Come on, where's the gif at?

lmao, at what point in the fight did it happen??? Crazy that didn't even notice till after his celebration dance.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Apr 29, 2013 at 6:41 AM ]
dat toe!!

Jones is gonna be champ for awhile. He wants Gustafsson next which would be a pretty damn good fight, but I can see Jones taking it to the ground and ending it the way he ended Chael.

What I want to see is Jones fight Silva or move up to heavyweight already. I wanna see him vs. Cain!!
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
blud, didn't he dislocate his shoulder in his last fight as well
It looks like Anderson is finally open to fighting jones. Called Dana and said he wants the fight. So if silva beats weidman they are gonna try to make it happen.
Silva is the man, but I don't think he stands a chance against Jones. If they stand and trade, it's anyone's game. Jones will be able to take Silva down at will and finish the fight. I think that's what we'll see.

I'd love to see Jones put on some weight and move up to HW. There would be a crazy fights will all those heavy hitters.
Originally posted by strickac:
Silva is the man, but I don't think he stands a chance against Jones. If they stand and trade, it's anyone's game. Jones will be able to take Silva down at will and finish the fight. I think that's what we'll see.

I'd love to see Jones put on some weight and move up to HW. There would be a crazy fights will all those heavy hitters.

this. would absolutely LOVE to see Jones vs. Cain.
Silva vs Jones would put up UFC100 numbers.

Floyd took more jabs at MMA saying that Guerrero isn't a boxer but a mma fighter. He's flatfooted , grabs and wrestles.
Originally posted by strickac:

I'd give the edge to Jones too, simply because he's the bigger, stronger fighter, but I wouldn't count out the Spider with getting a knockout or submission win. He's way too well-rounded a fighter, and dangerous from any position.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on May 3, 2013 at 10:55 AM ]

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Silva vs Jones would put up UFC100 numbers.

Floyd took more jabs at MMA saying that Guerrero isn't a boxer but a mma fighter. He's flatfooted , grabs and wrestles.

"MMA is something you have to start when you're 12 or 13. It has to be a passion. That's the problem with boxing: There's no passion. People want to be record producers, rappers. In MMA, you see that passion. Georges St. Pierre, this is all he wants to do. That's why he's so successful. I think there's room for both MMA and boxing, but boxing just has too many black eyes. It doesn't have a good image. In MMA, even though people are fighting, they have a good image. Very few of them get into tragic troubles where they're beating people up and stuff." ~Tyson
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
surprised there's no free UFC event tonight. Anytime there's a major boxing PPV event, UFC has a free one.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

lol, did he dominate anyone?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pantstickle:
lol, did he dominate anyone?

back in his prime he did, but that was before MMA evolved to what it is now.

Jones would destroy that dude.
Share 49ersWebzone