There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

good card, great season overall. glad the top two guys fighting for the contract were Kelvin and Uriah, two guys with bright futures in the UFC. a bit of an upset IMO, but Kelvin could be an absolute monster. Uriah needs to stay aggressive. He didn't even work the leg kicks.
don't forget the free UFC card this Saturday: UFC on FOX 7

Main card on FOX...
Ben Henderson vs. Gilbert Melendez
Daniel Cormier vs. Frank Mir
Nate Diaz vs. Josh Thomson
Matt Brown vs. Jordan Mein

FX prelims...
Darren Elkins vs. Chad Mendes
Francis Carmont vs. Lorenz Larkin
Myles Jury vs. Ramsey Nijem
Joseph Benavidez vs. Darren Uyenoyama
Jorge Masvidal vs. Tim Means

Facebook prelims...
T.J. Dillashaw vs. Hugo Viana
Clifford Starks vs. Yoel Romero
Roger Bowling vs. Anthony Njokuani
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Main card on FOX...

FX prelims...

Facebook prelims...

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Main card on FOX...

FX prelims...

Facebook prelims...

i hope it's a war and not one-sided
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Dana White is so ass backwards.....solid free FX cards, sometimes crappy Pay-Per-View cards.

April is all about the UFC!!!
Dana white is a fkn douche. He was on Ridiculousness and Rob Dyrdek was asking him about women in MMA and Dana said, "There are some mean, nasty girls out there and "THAT'S WHY I BROUGHT WOMEN INTO MMA""

Motherf**ker, the UFC was about the last organization to allow women to fight in their arena.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Dana White is so ass backwards.....solid free FX cards, sometimes crappy Pay-Per-View cards.

April is all about the UFC!!!

i'm ok with it, best way to advertise to the casual followers. make stacked free events. can't hype up freeFX cards with Guida vs Maynard (that fight.... ).

no kidding about april. topping it off next weekend with Sonnen vs Bones
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Dana white is a fkn douche. He was on Ridiculousness and Rob Dyrdek was asking him about women in MMA and Dana said, "There are some mean, nasty girls out there and "THAT'S WHY I BROUGHT WOMEN INTO MMA""

Motherf**ker, the UFC was about the last organization to allow women to fight in their arena.

the MMA universe revolves around Dana White.

The guy is a cheapskate and quick to roll with the flavor of the month at a drop of a dime. AKA A great promoter /President.

SAID WILL NEVER HAVE WOMEN IN THE UFC

I CAN'T WAIT TO FAP TO THE NEW TUF WOMENS COMPETITION THIS FALL.

hate on Dana White all you want, guys, but the dude is a fckin genious. look how far MMA in general has gotten.

with that being said, i don't blame him for not wanting women initially. there were literally no known women fighters until Strikeforce began advertising them in main cards.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
The guy is a cheapskate and quick to roll with the flavor of the month at a drop of a dime. AKA A great promoter /President.

how is he a cheapskate?

hate on Dana White all you want, guys, but the dude is a fckin genious. look how far MMA in general has gotten.

with that being said, i don't blame him for not wanting women initially. there were literally no known women fighters until Strikeforce began advertising them in main cards.

yeah Dana is a douche, but i agree, he gives the fans what they want.

on women's MMA....... Gina Carrano = , , but she never took her own fighting career seriously enough to be the face of women's MMA.... she probably understood she had a better future modeling, acting, etc. and stayed with that..... just the sense i got when she fought cyborg.

rousey is just as marketable as Gina and WANTS to fight on top of that. that's really what Dana White saw........
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

yeah Dana is a douche, but i agree, he gives the fans what they want.

on women's MMA....... Gina Carrano = , , but she never took her own fighting career seriously enough to be the face of women's MMA.... she probably understood she had a better future modeling, acting, etc. and stayed with that..... just the sense i got when she fought cyborg.

rousey is just as marketable as Gina and WANTS to fight on top of that. that's really what Dana White saw........

Gina Carano....mmmmmm. Good decision for her to leave MMA. hoping she does a movie where she gets nekkid.

Happy Birthday, Gina!
Gina Carano....mmmmmm. Good decision for her to leave MMA. hoping she does a movie where she gets nekkid.

Happy Birthday, Gina!