There are 185 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,823
Originally posted by jimrat:
Historical because its the 1st ever woman fight in the UFC........que no

Its not really historical if she isn't the first female competing in a main event at a MMA fight.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,695
Originally posted by Jcool:
Its not really historical if she isn't the first female competing in a main event at a MMA fight.

Historical within the confines of the UFC, the only mma league that matters

Gawl, semantics bruh
prelim fights were better than the PPV fights. lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
WTF? Uriah got him to tap while the guy was standing with him on his back? Why didn't he try to dislodge him by falling back and landing on top of him?

yea, he kindda gave up too early. But usually if you fall back when that's happening, it just makes it worse. He should've fell forward to try to drop Faber on his head. I
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Everyone on twitter is going nuts like this fight was the greatest thing ever and a big step for women fighters..... How is it an "awesome fight" when the person expected to win, wins, doing her signature move in the first round? Also Gina Carano already kind of did this same thing a few years ago so its not some historical fight.


you gotta admit what ronda is doing is on another level than what gina did. before gina got tooled by cyborg she was 7-0 with 4 stopages and 3 decisions. ronda is now 7-0 with 7 first round arm bars.

She seems to be a great fighter, albeit a one move fighter, but it really works well for her. Doesn't make it a historical fight though. Also the fighter Rousey beat tonight is now 2-3 in her last 5, so not as if she beat some great fighter. Gina did get beat but Cyborg was a juicer and got banned for a year, so really wasn't a fair fight.


the cfl had a black qb and a black coach win a championship before the nfl had doug williams or tony dungy do it. yet everyone sees them as historical. why? because they did it on the biggest stage in the biggest league. for everything gina carano did, she never did it in the big leagues so to speak and then high tailed it after she lost.
machida vs hendo disappointed me .
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,823
Originally posted by crabman82:
the cfl had a black qb and a black coach win a championship before the nfl had doug williams or tony dungy do it. yet everyone sees them as historical. why? because they did it on the biggest stage in the biggest league. for everything gina carano did, she never did it in the big leagues so to speak and then high tailed it after she lost.

UFC is the best league, but Gino's fights did break MMA TV viewing records at the time. And she left MMA to do movies... smart move... Since they pay more
[ Edited by Jcool on Feb 24, 2013 at 2:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
UFC is the best league, but Gino's fights did break MMA TV viewing records at the time. And she left MMA to do movies... smart move... Since they pay more

preeeeeety sure Cyborg had something to do with her decision to retire from MMA.




Originally posted by TonyStarks:machida vs hendo disappointed me .

This. I actually can't believe Machida won that fight. He was constantly running away. Landed a few knees, but Henderson was the one staying aggressive, landing leg and body kicks, and had a takedown. You're supposed to show that you can compete against Bones Jones, and Machida puts in that s**tty performance. f**k I wanted to see Hendo vs. Bones.

And great job by Rousey. Undefeated with all wins by armbar. For the poster that said she's a one-trick pony, how about an opponent try to stop that move and maybe she'll show off the rest of her skills. She's an incredible judo grappler and by her size, she can probably toss around all the other women in the division.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Jcool:
UFC is the best league, but Gino's fights did break MMA TV viewing records at the time. And she left MMA to do movies... smart move... Since they pay more

preeeeeety sure Cyborg had something to do with her decision to retire from MMA.





really unfair that they let their star player in the ring with a steroid abuser and have her retire via destruction.

I wouldn't trust any promoter after that.

You're risking health, vision, ..alot, just because your testing is trash.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,823
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
really unfair that they let their star player in the ring with a steroid abuser and have her retire via destruction.

I wouldn't trust any promoter after that.

You're risking health, vision, ..alot, just because your testing is trash.

Another UFC event this week. It's in Japan so it will be televised on Friday, not Saturday:

FUEL TV Main Card (10 p.m. ET):
Wanderlei Silva vs. Brian Stann
Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve
Takanori Gomi vs. Diego Sanchez
Hector Lombard vs. Yushin Okami
Mizuto Hirota vs. Rani Yahya
Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Facebook Prelims (7:30 p.m. ET):
Riki Fukuda vs. Brad Tavares
Bryan Caraway vs. Takeya Mizugaki
Cristiano Marcello vs. Kazuki Tokudome
Alex Caceres vs. Kyung Ho Kang
Marcelo Guimaraes vs. Hyun Gyu Lim
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,379
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Jcool:
UFC is the best league, but Gino's fights did break MMA TV viewing records at the time. And she left MMA to do movies... smart move... Since they pay more

preeeeeety sure Cyborg had something to do with her decision to retire from MMA.





Not fair man, StrikeForce should never have let a man fight in womens class.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,379
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:machida vs hendo disappointed me .

This. I actually can't believe Machida won that fight. He was constantly running away. Landed a few knees, but Henderson was the one staying aggressive, landing leg and body kicks, and had a takedown. You're supposed to show that you can compete against Bones Jones, and Machida puts in that s**tty performance. f**k I wanted to see Hendo vs. Bones.

And great job by Rousey. Undefeated with all wins by armbar. For the poster that said she's a one-trick pony, how about an opponent try to stop that move and maybe she'll show off the rest of her skills. She's an incredible judo grappler and by her size, she can probably toss around all the other women in the division.

This.

Machida is one boring ass fighter, I wish Dana White would make Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida turn on each other and fight. Just so we can see what a puss Machida really is. I can't stand Lyoto.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Another UFC event this week. It's in Japan so it will be televised on Friday, not Saturday:

FUEL TV Main Card (10 p.m. ET):
Wanderlei Silva vs. Brian Stann
Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve
Takanori Gomi vs. Diego Sanchez
Hector Lombard vs. Yushin Okami
Mizuto Hirota vs. Rani Yahya
Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Facebook Prelims (7:30 p.m. ET):
Riki Fukuda vs. Brad Tavares
Bryan Caraway vs. Takeya Mizugaki
Cristiano Marcello vs. Kazuki Tokudome
Alex Caceres vs. Kyung Ho Kang
Marcelo Guimaraes vs. Hyun Gyu Lim

Damn, Wandy is a sav. Still going at it? Fuu