There are 136 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by scdakine9:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Damn! the Chuck Liddle vs Wanderlie Silva is OFF.....Now, Liddle will be fight Keigth Jardin in UFC 76....

Thats a very silly match-up, not to mention very one-sided. I thought Brandon Vera was set up to fight Liddell??

I heard that Brandon Vera has some management issue. That's the reason he hasnt fought any fights in UFC. Man, that would be a pretty good fight Vera vs Liddle...Wait Vera is a HW. He was suppose to fight Tim Silvia.

According to a very reliable resource at Sherdog.com, Vera was or is set up to fight Liddell. Vera is in the 220 range and 15 pounds or so shouldn't be that hard to lose.
Damn! the Chuck Liddle vs Wanderlie Silva is OFF.....Now, Liddle will be fight Keigth Jardin in UFC 76....

Thats a very silly match-up, not to mention very one-sided. I thought Brandon Vera was set up to fight Liddell??

I heard that Brandon Vera has some management issue. That's the reason he hasnt fought any fights in UFC. Man, that would be a pretty good fight Vera vs Liddle...Wait Vera is a HW. He was suppose to fight Tim Silvia.

According to a very reliable resource at Sherdog.com, Vera was or is set up to fight Liddell. Vera is in the 220 range and 15 pounds or so shouldn't be that hard to lose.

Some dude on here knows Vera personally and he said that Vera's contract with the UFC ran out and negotiations to bring him back went badly so that's why we haven't seen him. That would be a matchup I'd wanna see.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4359&zoneid=2

Sean Sherk, the reigning UFC World Lightweight Champion, who last competed on July 7, 2007 in Sacramento, has tested positive for Nandrolone Metabolite. He has been fined $2,500. His suspension period runs from the conclusion of his bout on July 7, 2007 through the remainder of his licensing year which is June 26, 2008. Furthermore, he has been assessed an additional 10 days in order to fulfill the terms of his suspension (365 total days). The additional days will be added at the beginning of his next licensing year when he reapplies.

Normal levels of Nandrolone range from 2 ng/mL (average person) to 6 ng/mL (athlete engaged in rigorous activity). Mr. Sherk's reported level certified by the Director of Science and Technology from the laboratory that conducted the tests was 12 ng/mL. Both the "A" sample and "B" sample were tested and confirmed as positive.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4359&zoneid=2

Sean Sherk, the reigning UFC World Lightweight Champion, who last competed on July 7, 2007 in Sacramento, has tested positive for Nandrolone Metabolite. He has been fined $2,500. His suspension period runs from the conclusion of his bout on July 7, 2007 through the remainder of his licensing year which is June 26, 2008. Furthermore, he has been assessed an additional 10 days in order to fulfill the terms of his suspension (365 total days). The additional days will be added at the beginning of his next licensing year when he reapplies.

Normal levels of Nandrolone range from 2 ng/mL (average person) to 6 ng/mL (athlete engaged in rigorous activity). Mr. Sherk's reported level certified by the Director of Science and Technology from the laboratory that conducted the tests was 12 ng/mL. Both the "A" sample and "B" sample were tested and confirmed as positive.

DOH!!!! No wonder those knees from Franka did nothing.

Franka should get a rematch. The title should be stripped and there should be a tournament for it.

Thats it 12? That is sooo weak.....For a guy that does THAT MUCH cardo I would be shocked if metabolized Creatine did not get a noran number that high in some one that does am much Cardio as Sherk.

A guy i work out with scored an 8 by the MSAC and I KNOW he has never touched the stuff(because i know what he HAS touched)

I am not saying He did not do it, But that is hardly a black and white shut case.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Who the f**k is BJ going to fight now.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
didn't these f**ktards learn from major league baseball
Originally posted by binary:

Franka should get a rematch. The title should be stripped and there should be a tournament for it.

Hermes Franca also tested positive. This not good for MMA.
I have 2 possible reasons as to what happened:
-boxing came in and tampered with the drug tests
-the fighters care more about glory than they do about about the sport.

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Talks about win against Pulver and about the Sherk situation bj penn interview........ fixed it
[ Edited by jimrat201 on Jul 21, 2007 at 7:42 PM ]
Originally posted by jimrat201:
BJ Penn interview
Talks about win against Pulver and about the Sherk situation

I'm so confused by this, I don't know what to say.
I'm confused. Is it naive of me to think that steroid use is rampant in nearly every major sport? And for whatever reason, whether it be failure by the athlete to take proper precautions to hide their use, or maybe the occasional star must become a fall guy to make the organization look clean, someone gets caught?
Randy Couture to star, along side the ROCK

Scorpion KING 2

http://www.ufcjunkie.com/

Hopefully it will be better than the 1st one
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Robbery caght on tapeFormer UFC fighter and the man infamous for his street fight against Tito Ortiz in England, was arrested a while back for being caught in the biggest bank heist in the history of the UK - stealing over $100 million.
Share 49ersWebzone