LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
If barboza worked on his wrestling and submission game, hed be unbeatable
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
If barboza worked on his wrestling and submission game, hed be unbeatable

He trains with both edgar and alvarez so he really should have much better wrestling. At least defensive wrestling
Kevin Lee is a monster. Better striking than Khabib and enough wrestling to hold his own on the ground.
Originally posted by binarythird:
Kevin Lee is a monster. Better striking than Khabib and enough wrestling to hold his own on the ground.

That was my takeaway. If he can atleast slow the take down (no one has yet against Khabib) and keep it standing, he has a good chance. Lee is a good matchup, as is Ortega.

I'm guessing we'll see Ortega beat Max and go after Khabib.
Originally posted by strickac:
That was my takeaway. If he can atleast slow the take down (no one has yet against Khabib) and keep it standing, he has a good chance. Lee is a good matchup, as is Ortega.

I'm guessing we'll see Ortega beat Max and go after Khabib.

Ortega doesn't have the strength to handle Khabib imo.

Khabib still hasn't fought a skilled college wrestler with good striking. I have Ferg and Lee likely beating him. Wrestling for 3 rounds is wayyy different than 5 rounds; I actually thought Khabib gassed vs Al.
Originally posted by binarythird:
Ortega doesn't have the strength to handle Khabib imo.

Khabib still hasn't fought a skilled college wrestler with good striking. I have Ferg and Lee likely beating him. Wrestling for 3 rounds is wayyy different than 5 rounds; I actually thought Khabib gassed vs Al.

Ortega is a big guy, but more importantly, he's a freak with submissions. He's never in a bad position during his fights. He's a threat everywhere.

Lee and Ferguson would be good fights. Both are slick and can hold their own on the ground
  • evil
  • Veteran
Rumor floating around that the UFC may be trying to make Bisping vs Nick Diaz.

I hope this turns out to be true and this fight gets made, would watch
Originally posted by evil:

I saw the fight listed yesterday on the 226 (Miocic vs. Cormier) Wiki (though now not there) along with Holloway vs. Ortega for the 145.

Oh yeah, I'd be interested in that. It's a good matchup. Two volume strikers going at it. The s**t talking alone would be worth it

Co-main for a fox event in July in Calgary. They're trying for Shevchenko/Montano title fight as main event

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
so many damn injuries, they shouldn't announce fights until the night of.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Dillon Danis made his debut, got rocked a couple times but the guy is an awesome grappler, was hoping he would get knocked out, super cocky.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
So stupid
Share 49ersWebzone