LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 429 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
it'll still be a good scrap, but

Khabib gonna man handle that twink. And lol @ mcgregor wanting to come back to fight edgar. Dude is dodging Khabib and ferguson.
These guys now have canceled fights in 2015 2016 2017 and 2018
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Max Holloway dodging Brian Ortega.

Doesn't look good for Holloway though, but all in all this is a win-win situation for Holloway. If he loses he's right back where he started with the 145 belt and experience in the 155 pound class. If he wins, well belts in both classes of course.

If Khabib wins he should target McGregor and NO ONE ELSE if he wants to get paid. This feud with Ferguson already has worn out with them cancelling fights all the time.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Doesn't look good for Holloway though, but all in all this is a win-win situation for Holloway. If he loses he's right back where he started with the 145 belt and experience in the 155 pound class. If he wins, well belts in both classes of course.

If Khabib wins he should target McGregor and NO ONE ELSE if he wants to get paid. This feud with Ferguson already has worn out with them cancelling fights all the time.

Is this like when nobody gave bj penn a chance up a weight class against matt hughes

I agree with most of this, except that I don't feel this is a win-win for Max. If he gets pummeled, he's gets nothing from it. He'll get a pass because the size difference and short notice fight, everyone already knows he's game. He gets a L and then has to face the monster Ortega.

This Tony/Khabib thing may never happen. Dana is already saying he won't book it again.

You're spot-on about Khabib waiting for Connor. That's the only fight for him to make. If I had to pick an alternate, I'd say Ortega would be my dark horse. He probably has the best chance of beating him, even over all the 155lbers. I think he'll be the next 145lbs champ very soon.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crabman82:

Is this like when nobody gave bj penn a chance up a weight class against matt hughes

I know you're just messing around, but BJ Penn had way more than one week to prepare. But as a MMA fan it's really hard to see Holloway winning this fight, the odds are definitely stacked against him even after only one week of preparation Khabib is no chump. Honestly I don't even care if Holloway wins another belt, I think it would be way more exciting to see Khabib handed his first loss.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by strickac:

I agree with most of this, except that I don't feel this is a win-win for Max. If he gets pummeled, he's gets nothing from it. He'll get a pass because the size difference and short notice fight, everyone already knows he's game. He gets a L and then has to face the monster Ortega.

This Tony/Khabib thing may never happen. Dana is already saying he won't book it again.

You're spot-on about Khabib waiting for Connor. That's the only fight for him to make. If I had to pick an alternate, I'd say Ortega would be my dark horse. He probably has the best chance of beating him, even over all the 155lbers. I think he'll be the next 145lbs champ very soon.

I mean yah an L is never a good thing when your champ. lol, But I think the bright spot if he loses would be the experience at 155. I also think Max Holloway walks around at 160-165 so not much of a weight cut, I've seen him at BJJ tournaments and the dude isn't that thin. But yah I imagine if he loses Ortega would be his next match.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Khabib should call out both Conor and GSP if he beats Max like most expect. Those are both money fights. Conor is obviously a bigger fight though.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by evil:
Khabib should call out both Conor and GSP if he beats Max like most expect. Those are both money fights. Conor is obviously a bigger fight though.

I think Khabib would get mauled by GSP's elbows, also Khabib would have to come up in weight no way GSP makes that cut.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Gsp is like 50. That would be a crappy fight

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Gsp is like 50. That would be a crappy fight

Dude has cardio fa-days he would go the distance.

I know you're just messing around, but BJ Penn had way more than one week to prepare. But as a MMA fan it's really hard to see Holloway winning this fight, the odds are definitely stacked against him even after only one week of preparation Khabib is no chump. Honestly I don't even care if Holloway wins another belt, I think it would be way more exciting to see Khabib handed his first loss.

I think max has a much better chance than most ppl think. My only hesitation is his conditioning. Hes coming off that ankle or leg injury and i dont think his cardio is up to par at this point.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:

I think Khabib would get mauled by GSP's elbows, also Khabib would have to come up in weight no way GSP makes that cut.

Could fight at 170, allowing Khabib not to have to cut to 155. Also gives Khabib legit excuse should he lose : "fighting an opponent who competes at 170 and has fought at 185". FWIW though, GSP has considered 155 before, to fight Conor.

Would love to see if Khabib can take Georges down and if he can, can he hold him down like he does everyone else. How does GSP do off his back? Would GSP try and take Khabib down and can Khabib fight off his back?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I think max has a much better chance than most ppl think. My only hesitation is his conditioning. Hes coming off that ankle or leg injury and i dont think his cardio is up to par at this point.

If Holloway can pick him apart and keep the fight standing then I think the odds will swing in his favor. But I see Khabib taking the fight to the ground to try and smother Holloway. It'll definitely be a good fight that will make for a good re-match in the future no matter who wins.
More s**tty news from yesterday, Matt brown torn acl out of his fight on the 14th with Carlos Condit. This was supposed to be co-main to poirier/gaethje on Fox.
Share 49ersWebzone