There are 200 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Aldo wants a release from his contract. Won't happen but pretty funny. He's being a big baby. Also hearing he don't really want that Holloway fight.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Aldo wants a release from his contract. Won't happen but pretty funny. He's being a big baby. Also hearing he don't really want that Holloway fight.

I get where he is coming from and while Conor is holding that division hostage, he needs to remember his pulling out of fights/injury history once did the same. Just get Dana to throw you a few more bucks Hoe-Zay.

I think Holloway is a better matchup for him than Pettis. Take that fight and his next one should be Conor unless Conor forfeits the FW title. If Conor forfeits then Aldo vs Pettis or Stephens should he beat Frankie.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I hope Eddie Alvarez whips his ass, I hope severly
Originally posted by jimrat:

My friends are saying Alvarez by KO in the first round.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
UFC President Dana White confirmed during a press conference on Tuesday at Madison Square Garden that Khabib Nurmagomedov will lock horns with Michael Johnson in a lightweight bout on Nov. 12. White initially hinted at the matchup earlier in the day on SportsCenter, but the contest had not been finalized at the time.
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Lightweights-Khabib-Nurmagomedov-Michael-Johnson-Confirmed-for-UFC-205-Lineup-111697#VOkZOdZw5mViPc1W.99

Khabib should smoke Johnson easily.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by jimrat:

My friends are saying Alvarez by KO in the first round.

Helll no... if anyone wins this in the first it'll be conor

I can see eddie getting a tko in the middle rds.. but if he won it would most likely be by decison imo
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I've only seen alvarez fight a couple times. Connor said he has a weak chin, is that true? We've all seen what happens to Conner once he gets caught, and Alvarez did hurt RDA with a punch. RDA hadn't been rocked like that since he got his new chin. Then again RDA didn't look like himself in their fight. Wish he would've gotten an immediate rematch.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i almost started jacking off during the polish face off. joanna actually looked like she had a nice body.

is it just me or is she getting hotter and hotter?

[ Edited by ChazBoner on Sep 28, 2016 at 5:25 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I've only seen alvarez fight a couple times. Connor said he has a weak chin, is that true? We've all seen what happens to Conner once he gets caught, and Alvarez did hurt RDA with a punch. RDA hadn't been rocked like that since he got his new chin. Then again RDA didn't look like himself in their fight. Wish he would've gotten an immediate rematch.

Nah I don't think Eddie has a weak chin, he is a tough mofo. But I do think Conor will KO him, probably in the 2nd rd

"After all of this, I see I can't trust a single word from president Dana White," said Aldo to Brazil's Combate, as transcribed by Fernanda Prates for MMAjunkie. "The person in charge of the event now is Conor McGregor. Since I'm not here to be McGregor's employer, I ask for my contract with the UFC to be terminated.

"When they suggested the fight against Frankie Edgar, Dana said the winner of this fight would either be McGregor's challenger or have the linear belt, because if he didn't return to the featherweight division after the Nate Diaz rematch he'd lose the belt.

"After so many times being lied to, I don't feel motivated to fight in the UFC anymore."

"We waited, until Dana said publicly that he wanted this fight with McGregor to happen," said Aldo. "We were expecting it to happen: Either I'd have my rematch to unify the featherweight belt or I'd get my belt back fighting Holloway or Pettis, considering that, according to what Dana himself had been saying all along, Conor couldn't keep both belts.

"But, to my surprise, I found out last night about the fight between McGregor and Eddie Alvarez, who'd also been denied by Dana himself last week and, to make matters worse, he'd keep the featherweight belt, being able to get two belts simultaneously."

"I understand [McGregor] is a big draw, but there's a limit in which this is no longer a sport and it's a circus. I don't want any type of fight with the UFC. The only thing I want is to move on with my life and that they move on with theirs."

"It's not about money for me. I can't take it anymore. I've reached my limit. It's not about the circus or anything [White] might do. I don't know, for me, if he likes me – like he's said he likes me and my family – I just ask that he lets me go normally. I don't want to fight. I want to walk out the same way I walked in.

"I think the UFC never gave me anything, or WEC. Everything I earned. Everything was thanks to my efforts, my family's, my team's, 'Dede,' they helped me get there. In no moment did they give me anything. I earned it with my own merit, and I gave them a lot more than they gave me. So I just want them to release me from my contract.

"I don't want to fight anymore. What if they offer me millions? They can keep them, I don't want it. Pardon the expression, but I'm not a whore, to sell myself. I'm a man. My dad made me this way. So that's all I want."

Aldo makes a valid point. Can't blame him for being upset.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
UFC is catering to Connor McGregor right now and their making a mess of it IMO. They're parading this dude around to fight whomever, never mind the top contenders in the lightweight class, it's all about McGregor and it's gotten bad. Dana White is riding this cash cow hard, why not match him up with Khabib, Cerrone or RDA and make him vacate the featherweight belt?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i almost started jacking off during the polish face off. joanna actually looked like she had a nice body.

is it just me or is she getting hotter and hotter?

I'm polish and my whole family is stoked for this fight, even the ones who aren't huge fight fans. 2 undefeated polish strikers fighting for the belt in a city with a huge polish population (only Chicago has more in the US) 1 day after polish independence day. It's a big deal for the Polish.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
UFC is catering to Connor McGregor right now and their making a mess of it IMO. They're parading this dude around to fight whomever, never mind the top contenders in the lightweight class, it's all about McGregor and it's gotten bad. Dana White is riding this cash cow hard, why not match him up with Khabib, Cerrone or RDA and make him vacate the featherweight belt?

When you are the biggest draw in the company (with the other 2 big draws in Ronda and GSP currently not taking fights) you have leverage when it comes to negotiating dollars and cents and the fights you'll take. They had the RDA matchup before RDA got hurt and pulled out, but they don't wanna do Cerrone or Khabib right now as those are riskier matchups to make.

In the fight promotion business money has always talked. The UFC needs Conor more than he needs them and he knows this and uses it to his advantage.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

When you are the biggest draw in the company (with the other 2 big draws in Ronda and GSP currently not taking fights) you have leverage when it comes to negotiating dollars and cents and the fights you'll take. They had the RDA matchup before RDA got hurt and pulled out, but they don't wanna do Cerrone or Khabib right now as those are riskier matchups to make.

In the fight promotion business money has always talked. The UFC needs Conor more than he needs them and he knows this and uses it to his advantage.

Exactly, I was referring to why Aldo is mad and also disagreeing with White. But your right, the UFC does need CM more than he needs them, I'm sure Bellator would match anything and more to get CM on their roster.
Share 49ersWebzone