There are 186 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Holy f**k! Wonderboy!!!

Sorry, just now watched this weekend's fights.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Holy f**k! Wonderboy!!!

The way he connected and completely broke down Hendricks was like watching vintage Spider. It was awesome.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Holy f**k! Wonderboy!!!

The way he connected and completely broke down Hendricks was like watching vintage Spider. It was awesome.
every blow did major damage. Crazy. Tough division but i like his chances.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
coming soon yo

The Notorious vs Wonderboy at a catch weight bout of 163. Who wins?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
The UFC is all about selling big fights, so I wouldn't be surprising to see Thompson get a title shot next.

Nor would I, though the rumor had been that Woodley appeared primed to be the next contender. Thompson may have changed that. IMO Woodley and Maia should be fighting for the #1 contender while Thompson gets the next shot. Maia is supposed to fight Brown next, it has already been signed but would rather they change that.

Originally posted by crabman82:
With 2 losses to robbie, rory is at the back of the line until he wins a couple of fights or Lawler is unseated as champion. Very difficult to get that 3rd fight against a guy who has beaten you twice

Not sure about back of the line unless it is just a figure of speech but he will need likely 3 good wins to get back into the cage with Robbie for the title, maybe 2 if the contenders list looks short. Their fight was so good that a rematch is not hard to sell if Rory can get some momentum going.

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
a lot of the UFC fighters are blue belt level BJJ level or high school/JC level wrestlers.

Very true. Pettis was a blue belt when he subbed Bendo to win the UFC LW title...and Bendo had received his black belt a couple months prior to that fight.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'd like to see Wonder Boy and Rory McDonald next, I think that would be a good match up for both. If not Rory McDonald, then Carlos Condit. It's about selling tickets!!!!
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'd like to see Wonder Boy and Rory McDonald next, I think that would be a good match up for both. If not Rory McDonald, then Carlos Condit. It's about selling tickets!!!!

Not Thompson vs Lawler given how great Lawler's last 2 fights were vs Rory and vs Carlos ? I think Thompson can represent a 3rd straight opponent who will make for a very exciting WW title fight.
Originally posted by jrg:
coming soon yo

No one cares about that over the hill douche. He was brought in to sell tickets to f**ktard wrestling fanboys.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
No one cares about that over the hill douche. He was brought in to sell tickets to f**ktard wrestling fanboys.

Truth.

....................and he'll probably fight 2 mediocre fighters and get a title shot.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Feb 9, 2016 at 10:16 AM ]

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Not Thompson vs Lawler given how great Lawler's last 2 fights were vs Rory and vs Carlos ? I think Thompson can represent a 3rd straight opponent who will make for a very exciting WW title fight.

I think Thompson needs to fight a top contender first, but that's always my thinking when the hype train starts to build on fighters. Then again you never know what Dana White and Joe Silva are thinking, they are business first and never go by rank they much rather go by hype.
Lol cm punk ain't doing s**t. And grown men watching a fake sport still???? Yo bruh buy a case we gotta watch raw tonight
[ Edited by crabman82 on Feb 9, 2016 at 10:29 AM ]
Originally posted by KRS-1:

I think Thompson needs to fight a top contender first, but that's always my thinking when the hype train starts to build on fighters. Then again you never know what Dana White and Joe Silva are thinking, they are business first and never go by rank they much rather go by hype.

nah i don't think thompson goes full WWE on the mic enough to jump everyone else for a title shot.

Rory vs thompson would be an awesome fight though.
just saw they updated the welterweight rankings on UFC.com

Champ: Robbie Lawler
1. Rory McDonald
2. Tyron Woodley
3. Stephen Thompson
4. Carlos Condit
5. Johny Hendricks
6. Demian Maia
7. Matt Brown
8. Dong Kim
9. Neil Magny
10. Tarec Saffiedine
Originally posted by crabman82:
Lol cm punk ain't doing s**t. And grown men watching a fake sport still???? Yo bruh buy a case we gotta watch raw tonight

hey. so far he's the greatest 0-0 fighter of all time.
Share 49ersWebzone