LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 186 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by jimrat:

Would love to see that fight. Cerrone would knock the lucky charms outta Conner IMO. His size is one of his best assets at 145, he won't have that at 155. Pettis, RDA, Cerrone, Bendo if he wanted to cut would all likely beat Conner. Don't think it would be a cakewalk but 155 is no joke in terms of talent and depth.
Frank is a fat ass tonight.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Frank is a fat ass tonight.

Old ass fools
Mighty Mouse is ridiculous
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Meh fights on a meh card
  • Jiks
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Meh fights on a meh card

Whaaaaa? I didn't get to watch but the fight card seemed semi interesting. Paige would get the d if given permission.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by jimrat:

Would love to see that fight. Cerrone would knock the lucky charms outta Conner IMO. His size is one of his best assets at 145, he won't have that at 155. Pettis, RDA, Cerrone, Bendo if he wanted to cut would all likely beat Conner. Don't think it would be a cakewalk but 155 is no joke in terms of talent and depth.

Nah cerrone can't beat mcgregor
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Look I understand McGregor is trying to sell his fights and sell who he is, but he needs to just STFU be humble and keep winning. Sure he won't do that, but loud mouth dumb asses like him don't last long in the UFC, why, cause you hype yourself up to this super fighter then once you lose no one buys into your hype anymore. Then next thing you know you're just a washed up fighter who can't regain his mojo back cause everyone stomp that s**t in the ground with that huge target you put on yourself.

Instead how bout you just win with pride and a chip on your shoulder and let the fights come to you.

This dumb ass calling out everyone in the 155 pound class and basically overlooking everyone at 145 pound is hilarious. For one, to get to Dos Anjos you gotta go through:

Anthony Pettis
Donald Cerrone
Khabib Nurmagomedov - 22-0 and I don't see McGregor changing that any time soon.
Tony Ferguson

And before that he's still gotta face the other top contenders at 145:

Jose Aldo - McGregor needs to pump his brakes he's not even past him yet,
Frankie Edgar - No one should EVER look past Frankie Edgar
Max Holloway - rematch, he's a much different fighter than he was 2 years ago - The only fighter in the UFC to hang with him till the end of a decision
Dennis Bermudez
Jeremy Stephens
Weak fights last night. Should've just went to sleep after Paige's fight. Looked good on paper but it didn't deliver. Big letdown for Dodson. I thought he could match DJ, but he was outclassed. DJ owns that weight class and I don't see any threats on the horizon.

As for Connor, I was a huge fan before the last fight. I'm really getting tired of him talking about his numbers and his money. He's like a parrott, that's all he says.. He needs I get passed Aldo and Frankie before he ever thinks about 155. There's no way he beats Dos Anos though. Connor would beat Cowboy. Pettis would be a fun one to watch. RDA would just smother him and drag him to the ground, similar to what he did to Pettis.
I've tuned conor out a while back. He is a fine fighter and I'll certainly watch his fights but his shtick is just tiresome now. I believe cerrone when he says back stage he ain't like he is when the camera is on
[ Edited by crabman82 on Sep 6, 2015 at 9:34 AM ]

ya pretty weak fights. nothing too special, even that KO from Rumble...
Countdown to Cormier vs. Gustafson begins...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
TUF starts tonight for all you Connor McGregor fans.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

ya can't wait,

and incase you havent heard, Cruz and Dillashaw got announced its gonna be on FOX SPORTS 1... the ufc delivered with this one, im excited.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

ya can't wait,

and incase you havent heard, Cruz and Dillashaw got announced its gonna be on FOX SPORTS 1... the ufc delivered with this one, im excited.

IF Cruz can manage to stay healthy.

But yah I'm excited too.
Share 49ersWebzone