LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 355 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I guess I don't understand why Rousey would do a catch weight fight with Carano but won't for Cyborg. And then always talking about how she could theoretically beat any man..including Velasquez..then fighting Cyborg at 140 should not be an issue

She won't do Cyborg the favor of taking a catchweight fight because she is a proven cheater.

that's fine...but cyborg has been passing all of her drug tests since returning to action so i fail to see the issue.
Originally posted by dmax:
She won't do Cyborg the favor of taking a catchweight fight because she is a proven cheater.

That cheating thing happened a few years ago..Let it go rhonda,,I'm sick of her bringing up
that shyte.. Rhonda has fought at 145lbs..so stop ducking cyborg and give the fans The fight we WANT TO SEE

Ronda is not actually ducking though, all Cyborg has to do is drop to 135 to get the fight. Cyborg has known this and one can easily claim she has ducked dropping down.

ok, but why was she willing to make a concession for Carano for a catch weight fight? Yes, i know the steroid thing, but as i previously said, that is old news...Cyborg has passed every test since her initial failed test.
  • evil
  • Veteran

That cheating thing happened a few years ago..Let it go rhonda,,I'm sick of her bringing up
that shyte.. Rhonda has fought at 145lbs..so stop ducking cyborg and give the fans The fight we WANT TO SEE

Ronda is not actually ducking though, all Cyborg has to do is drop to 135 to get the fight. Cyborg has known this and one can easily claim she has ducked dropping down.

ok, but why was she willing to make a concession for Carano for a catch weight fight? Yes, i know the steroid thing, but as i previously said, that is old news...Cyborg has passed every test since her initial failed test.

All Cyborg has to do is drop down to 135, the fight has been on the table for her if she makes the weight. Why should Ronda give in to Cyborgs demands...you wanna fight the champ, then make the weight.

GSP never went up to fight Silva and Silva never went up to fight Bones. Silva did fight at 205 but never against elite fighters at that weight. Why should Ronda have to move up ?
All Cyborg has to do is drop down to 135, the fight has been on the table for her if she makes the weight. Why should Ronda give in to Cyborgs demands...you wanna fight the champ, then make the weight.

GSP never went up to fight Silva and Silva never went up to fight Bones. Silva did fight at 205 but never against elite fighters at that weight. Why should Ronda have to move up ?

Such a tough spot as a fan. I agree that RR is the 135 pound champion and why should she make accommodations for a challenger that used substances to put on the weight she is now having a hard time to cut. At the same time the 135 pound division is so weak that outside of a couple rematches with Tate and Cat there is really no one worth her time or worth paying to watch. Add to the fact that she has fought at 145 before… again just my opinion but she should be more open to a catchweight super fight with Cyborg. Especially with some of the stupid ass sh*t she has said in the past not only about cyborg but about fighting dudes etc. Love RR as a fighter and thankfully she is learning to stop making absurd claims… lezbehonest any of the top 10 125/135 pound males would put her in the hospital.

On the GSP front, I really believe that had Hendricks not shown up in the division followed by Lawler, GSP would of finally taken the super fight with Silva because there was really no one else to fight similar to whats happening with Ronda. If Cyborg can't make 135 in the next year and RR takes out Tate & Zingano (if she fights her way back into contention) again then she should be open to a catchweight bout cause WMMA is so new there is no one else for her to fight.

again...my issue is with her making the concession for Carano but not Cyborg. As far as the whole "fight the champ make weight" thing...i totally understand it i just don't agree with it. When you have someone like Rousey who talks endlessly about theoretically being able beat anyone (man or woman)...fighting a clean Cyborg at 140 should not be an issue. Cyborg is clearly the only woman that is on par with Rousey, so fight her at a weight in the middle of both of your weight classes to settle who the best is.
again...my issue is with her making the concession for Carano but not Cyborg. As far as the whole "fight the champ make weight" thing...i totally understand it i just don't agree with it. When you have someone like Rousey who talks endlessly about theoretically being able beat anyone (man or woman)...fighting a clean Cyborg at 140 should not be an issue. Cyborg is clearly the only woman that is on par with Rousey, so fight her at a weight in the middle of both of your weight classes to settle who the best is.

Carano is a natural 140 (if she can make it) while Cyborg built her weight with steroids. Yes it was years ago, but she's kept it to this day.
  • evil
  • Veteran

She is willing to make the concession for someone who has not cheated the sport, nothing wrong with that. Cyborg has had years to make 135 and claims she cannot but simply it seems to be more a case of unwilling to take off the mass she put on while juicing. And because of that, there is still some suspicion she still might be juicing but simply has not been caught again, let's not forget that drug testing in MMA is only now starting to get more serious.

After the Tate fight, I supect Holly Holm might be the next in line though Amanda Nunes or Julianna Pena could put together a couple of wins and find themselves as the most worthy.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think Tate should fight Cat Zingano first before a third rematch. I actually Zingano should get a re-match before Tate does.

She is willing to make the concession for someone who has not cheated the sport, nothing wrong with that. Cyborg has had years to make 135 and claims she cannot but simply it seems to be more a case of unwilling to take off the mass she put on while juicing. And because of that, there is still some suspicion she still might be juicing but simply has not been caught again, let's not forget that drug testing in MMA is only now starting to get more serious.

After the Tate fight, I supect Holly Holm might be the next in line though Amanda Nunes or Julianna Pena could put together a couple of wins and find themselves as the most worthy.
now this i can understand. It was my understanding that she had passed every test for years since her initial bust. So i did not understand the logic behind her still having "steroid mass" if she had been clean for years...but as we all know, people can still cheat the system.
  • evil
  • Veteran
now this i can understand. It was my understanding that she had passed every test for years since her initial bust. So i did not understand the logic behind her still having "steroid mass" if she had been clean for years...but as we all know, people can still cheat the system.

I think both are at fault for it having not happened yet. Cyborg has kept hoping RR would take it at a catchweight so she can keep her mass while RR keeps pushing for it to be at 135, which means Cyborg has to lose some of that mass and or allows Ronda the lengthy delay to it eventually happening in which time she can improve her overall skillset, especially her standup game.

• jrg
  • Veteran
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think Tate should fight Cat Zingano first before a third rematch. I actually Zingano should get a re-match before Tate does.

agree.
Good night Brazil.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Big john getting his grope ons
So is that all that this sport has to offer nowadays?

Women fighting?
Share 49ersWebzone