https://instagram.com/p/53ksUOGN0i/
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
lol Meisha tate's tweet

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Was that a s**tty card or what.
Damn, that was a long ass card. Most didn't deliver. Couple decent fights. I was up until 2 am waiting on Rousey to punch that b***hes face.

Chaz, wife let Amir come over. Lulz.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Glad it was a knockout instead of a submission. That said, her fights aren't that fun to watch because they never last even a minute.

Remember back in the day when Tyson was finishing grips of fools in the first/second round ?

Her telling Bethe "don't cry" as she walks away while Bethe lays face down on the canvas was teh lulz.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Remember back in the day when Tyson was finishing grips of fools in the first/second round ?

Her telling Bethe "don't cry" as she walks away while Bethe lays face down on the canvas was teh lulz.

The Tyson reference was what I was thinking too. Her fights are so fast it's not worth it to order the fight. Atleast that was the thought with Tyson. I couldn't tell what she said to Bethe. It looked like "good night" or "good bye". So glad she humbled Bethe. That chick had no reason being in the cage with Ronda. She'll collect her nice paycheck and disappear to obscurity in the crowd of Ronda's other victims.

Cyborg needs to slim down, come over and fight Meisha. The winner gets Ronda.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Glad it was a knockout instead of a submission. That said, her fights aren't that fun to watch because they never last even a minute.

I thought I saw her say you got lucky also. i lulz'd also.
It's really a shame that joanna and rousey are 20 lbs apart in weight divisions. Joanna technical striking and roundas judo and grappling would be a great match up. Having said that can't wait for joanna to face Claudia gadelha again. Joanna owes Claudia back for that cheap shot after the bell in the 3rd round in their fight last December.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
The Tyson reference was what I was thinking too. Her fights are so fast it's not worth it to order the fight. Atleast that was the thought with Tyson. I couldn't tell what she said to Bethe. It looked like "good night" or "good bye". So glad she humbled Bethe. That chick had no reason being in the cage with Ronda. She'll collect her nice paycheck and disappear to obscurity in the crowd of Ronda's other victims.

Cyborg needs to slim down, come over and fight Meisha. The winner gets Ronda.

It was "don't cry", after Bethe had said it to Ronda when they stared down at the weigh ins.

Talk is now Aldo vs Conor and Ronda vs Tate 3 in Dallas at AT&T Stadium in December.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Disagree, if you re-watch the fight, Rousey picked her shots wisely, did a good job at changing levels. Same with Miesha Tate vs. Jessica Eye, both women chose their shots wisely and were patient with their striking. If there was one thing I had to critique it was that Bethe Corriea looked inexperience in her first title shot, it's like she didn't watch any film of Rhonda Rousey and just tried to brawl with her. I mean c'mon Bethe didn't learn from Cat Zingano fight that you can't just rush a Champ, you need to figure out your range, take your time, I have never seen anyone besides Tate work the jab vs. Rhonda. Oh well, next women up.

Sorry bro, RR's stand up is still sloppy as f*ck. There was limited technicality in those exchanges which consisted of Ronda blitzing Bethe and Bethe not knowing how to think through the blitz enough and just tried to stand and trade. JJ is the most technically sound stand up fighter of the women but after her its just slop compared to the men. Its not really a bash though, women's MMA is in its infancy just like back in the early days of the UFC. RR is as close to a complete fighter there is for women but that completeness is still way behind the average top 10 male fighter in their respective division.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Aug 2, 2015 at 11:26 AM ]
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Sorry bro, RR's stand up is still sloppy as f*ck. There was limited technicality in those exchanges which consisted of Ronda blitzing Bethe and Bethe not knowing how to think through the blitz enough and just tried to stand and trade. JJ is the most technically sound stand up fighter of the women but after her its just slop compared to the men. Its not really a bash though, women's MMA is in its infancy just like back in the early days of the UFC. RR is as close to a complete fighter there is for women but that completeness is still way behind the average top 10 male fighter in their respective division.

And the WNBA is way behind the NBA. That'll never change.

The woman's game will continue to improve as more girls enter the sport. Men's MMA is just now to a point where the guys entering the UFC have been training their whole life. The earlier stars were mostly guys that picked it up later in life. There's no comparison. However, even as the girls improve, they'll never be close to the men. They'll never have strength, speed and athleticism to be on the same level. Genetics won't allow it, even for a mutant like Cyborg
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

And the WNBA is way behind the NBA. That'll never change.

The woman's game will continue to improve as more girls enter the sport. Men's MMA is just now to a point where the guys entering the UFC have been training their whole life. The earlier stars were mostly guys that picked it up later in life. There's no comparison. However, even as the girls improve, they'll never be close to the men. They'll never have strength, speed and athleticism to be on the same level. Genetics won't allow it, even for a mutant like Cyborg

this.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Damn, that was a long ass card. Most didn't deliver. Couple decent fights. I was up until 2 am waiting on Rousey to punch that b***hes face.

Chaz, wife let Amir come over. Lulz.

That s**t went on way too long. They crowded the undercards with crappy noname fighters.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I say, i say GAWDDAYMN!

Share 49ersWebzone