LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
watched it. THat was so dumb lol. HBO probably taking a hit in their boxing ratings or something. they talk about how the UFC signs / pays a dude with a domestic violence charge, yet boxing just paid mayweather what, 100 million, to dance around for 12 rounds?

Once again, it was more about Christy Macks' "exclusive" uncensored interview.

If you want to talk ratings ,chico, UFC is nothing to brag about. It took a fat decline this past year.Rousey is keeping the sport alive .

[ Edited by TonyStarks on Jul 27, 2015 at 6:39 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by jrg:
lol cm punk

http://youtu.be/rgEkkRo3vns

Who is that guy asking CM to fight him?

Punks gonna get his ass kicked by fight 2 if he ever does fight.

apparently the guy is an actual fighter. not signed to UFC/etc

guy is from st. louis and always bugging punk on Twitter for a fight

claims he slept with punks sister

dillon pousson
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
this hbo sports special is on point with what most people think of this so called sport. What a disrespect to real martial arts how do you guys watch this

News flash they're not modern day warriors

On point ?

Public records research done by the show found that, per 100,000 U.S. men, there was a domestic violence arrest rate of 360. In that same sample, HBO Real Sports found 750 MMA fighters and 210 NFL players. There was no comparison listed between UFC fighters and NFL players, however.

They compared the entire sport of MMA vs the NFL. There are way way more MMA fighters out there than there are NFL players, that is not exactly comparing apples to apples. Why did not they bring up boxing and shows numbers for that...possibly because HBO is in bed with that sport but not MMA ? That whole report was slanted.

watched it. THat was so dumb lol. HBO probably taking a hit in their boxing ratings or something. they talk about how the UFC signs / pays a dude with a domestic violence charge, yet boxing just paid mayweather what, 100 million, to dance around for 12 rounds?

More like 180 million. Meanwhile Conor McGregor just made like 3-4 million for fighting at UFC 189.

Originally posted by jrg:
apparently the guy is an actual fighter. not signed to UFC/etc

guy is from st. louis and always bugging punk on Twitter for a fight

claims he slept with punks sister

dillon pousson

That dude trains at ATT ST.Louis and was kicked out of the gym for what he did. According to the dude he asked around at his gym if he should do it was told no and did it anyways.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i liked when they showed dudes bleeding from cuts on their heads to display how brutal the sport it. Why don't they show all the retarded retired boxers? After you retire, would you rather have a few scars on your face or a half dead brain?

the other day i was watching a special on the Ward / Gatti fights. I couldn't understand wtf either of them was saying in interviews. And that was before retirement. Sucks that Gatti is gone, but would've been sad to see him 10 years down the road.
Can't lie, I want to have a party for Rhonda's fight this weekend. Lulz
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Can't lie, I want to have a party for Rhonda's fight this weekend. Lulz

it'll be a quick fight. still 100000X more exciting than some boxing match.
this hbo sports special is on point with what most people think of this so called sport. What a disrespect to real martial arts how do you guys watch this

News flash they're not modern day warriors

that bald bish fine doe..
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
she takes dicks in the ass for a living, you think she's gonna be dating some boyscout? lol
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
over/under on how long it takes rousey to defeat that bulldog lookin b***h.

2 minutes.

I say over. that chick has short ass arms and the dome of a Erwin/Pitbull mix. The armbar wont come easy.
  • evil
  • Veteran
over/under on how long it takes rousey to defeat that bulldog lookin b***h.

2 minutes.

I say over. that chick has short ass arms and the dome of a Erwin/Pitbull mix. The armbar wont come easy.

Rousey: My mom's pissed and doesn't want me to prolong the fight with Bethe. She wants me to end it as quick as possible

I don't think Ronda could prolong a beating if she wanted to, she's is an instinctual fighter and the second she sees an opening her opponent is getting finished. 2 minutes sounds about right.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I wanna know how in the heck did Bethe Correia deserve a title shot.......WHO THE HECK HAS SHE EVER FOUGHT!!!!!!!

Shes fought what 3 times in the UFC and now she gets a title shot....WTF Dana!!!! 2 decisions and a TKO to Shayna Baszler who hasn't even won a match in the UFC what in the f**k!!! At least give Cat Zingano a rematch!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I wanna know how in the heck did Bethe Correia deserve a title shot.......WHO THE HECK HAS SHE EVER FOUGHT!!!!!!!

Shes fought what 3 times in the UFC and now she gets a title shot....WTF Dana!!!! 2 decisions and a TKO to Shayna Baszler who hasn't even won a match in the UFC what in the f**k!!! At least give Cat Zingano a rematch!!!

she doesnt deserve one, theres just a lack of challengers. ronda has cleaned out the top 5. bethe played up the 4 horsewoman angle, talked some s**t, doesnt have a loss (cus she hasnt faced the top 5 girls) and thats how it happened.
more exicted for jake shields vs palhares on sat night than ronda vs bethe. hell more exicted for gadelha vs aguilar than ronda fight.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

She's just the new girl with an attitude. The UFC is using Bethe's undefeated record as an angle to justify her as a legit contender. I researched a few of her fights and she is very unimpressive. The only thing she's accomplished was a nice finish over Baszler.

Rousey will walk right through this girl. I'd rather see Tate and Cyborg meet.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Its all about ratings now.

But betch did beat the 4 horses.
Share 49ersWebzone