LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 399 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Watch Mendes upset McGregor, I will LMFAO!!!

would it really be an upset tho? i'd laugh too.

Kind of because errbody and their mama is picking McGregor to be the champ.

Really ? I get the impression that everyone and their mama thinks a healthy Hozay beats Conor and that Frankie/Chad would beat Conor because they are wrestlers.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Twitter TheNotoriousMMA

They can run. But they can't hide.
lol interim belt for bruised or broken ribs. if it wasnt mcgregor this would just be a #1 contender belt. ufc needs to be able to say he is a champ even if its an interim.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
lol interim belt for bruised or broken ribs. if it wasnt mcgregor this would just be a #1 contender belt. ufc needs to be able to say he is a champ even if its an interim.

Technically, this interim title decision needs to become part of the new norm. Aldo has pulled out of 5 fights to date and his camp had said when this injury was announced that if he pulled out of 189 he would not be ready before October due to wanting a whole new training camp. Aldo's last defense was October of 2014 so that would mark one year without a fight, and that is if he doesn't pull out of that fight too. If a fight can't defend his title within a year due to injuries then they should keep divisions plodding forward with interim titles. In this case, they should have not gone with an interim title right now, instead waited a few months.

That sad though, Conor is the UFC 189 draw...all their marketing has centered around him. The interim title is not truly to say he is champ, it is to keep him in the main event in an attempt to sell PPV's. They put a lot of money into marketing this event and Aldo pulling out is costing them money. Also this helps keep the Irish fans happy, as they reportedly sold a s**t ton of tickets to fans coming across the ocean from Ireland i support of Conor.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Watch Mendes upset McGregor, I will LMFAO!!!

would it really be an upset tho? i'd laugh too.

Kind of because errbody and their mama is picking McGregor to be the champ.

Really ? I get the impression that everyone and their mama thinks a healthy Hozay beats Conor and that Frankie/Chad would beat Conor because they are wrestlers.

McGregor was favored vs. Aldobefore the injury.

Let's also take in account that Mendes will take a fight on a very short notice.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Jul 1, 2015 at 9:17 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran

Let's also take in account that Mendes will take a fight on a very short notice.

IIRC the odds were changing back and forth between both as to who the favorite was.

Chad will have had at least 3 weeks notice to be prepared for this fight, by contrast Conor also has a short time frame to prepare for a heavy handed wrestler as opposed to his training for Aldo's who is more more muay thai based.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KRS-1:

IIRC the odds were changing back and forth between both as to who the favorite was.

Chad will have had at least 3 weeks notice to be prepared for this fight, by contrast Conor also has a short time frame to prepare for a heavy handed wrestler as opposed to his training for Aldo's who is more more muay thai based.

There's a difference though, Conor has been in a camp for at least 4 months, Mendes hasn't. There's a difference in staying in shape and preparing for a fight and Mendes is just coming off of a fight so you know he took it easy on training.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
It would seem that I'm making excuses for Mendes, but all the fighters I know have did and would say the same thing.
  • evil
  • Veteran
There's a difference though, Conor has been in a camp for at least 4 months, Mendes hasn't. There's a difference in staying in shape and preparing for a fight and Mendes is just coming off of a fight so you know he took it easy on training.

He may have, or he may have stayed in shape knowing Jose's history with pulling out of fights, hard to say either way. I would think a smart fighter (and Chad is a smart fighter) would be ready in the event of an injury, knowing he could offer to step into a big opportunity and score a major win.

Sucks though, because I really wanted to see Aldo vs McGregor. Chad still presents a great opponent and makes for a really great fight, so it is not a total loss. Hope Conor wins though so we still have hope of Conor vs Aldo before years end. And Chad can claim the reality, he had 3 weeks to prepare, keeping him alive for a rematch with Conor down the line.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Conor McGregor

If a man pussies out, and he's pussied out time and time again, then he should be stripped of the belt. He's pulled out of contests time and time again. I mean the medical report state he is fit to fight so there are no more questions. If you're fit to fight and you're not going to fight the belt rightfully should be stripped.

I don't know if Mendes beating Conor in a decision would be an upset, but if he knocks out McGregor with his improved boxing the MMA world would be stunned.

Finally a real challenge though, he will actually have to work to stay on his feet.
Aldo spoke up, posted a picture of his xrays. Turns out it really is broken.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I forgot but which fights did Aldo back out from again??
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
I forgot but which fights did Aldo back out from again??

- UFC 125 vs Grispi
- UFC 133 vs Mendes
- UFC 149 vs Koch
- UFC 153 vs Edgar
- UFC 176 vs Mendes
- UFC 189 vs McGregor
  • evil
  • Veteran
Chael on Facebook :

Chael Sonnen
7 hrs ·

Chad's avoiding me. Perhaps you guys can relay a message 1) call Chael 2) never piss off a gangster. Chads cell... (916) 207-8386

https://www.facebook.com/ChaelSonnen/posts/855497494527655

The comments are pretty good, bunch of screenshots of people texting him as the VM is obviously already full. Seems it was the real number posted too

Share 49ersWebzone