There are 190 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
And!!! That is why Rumble Johnson will not be champion, you can't just brawl your way to the top this isn't boxing. You need to have some sort of ground game, Johnson looked awful on the ground.

As for Arlovski, tell me how in the hell is he just running through top contenders now when he was getting KO'd in the minor leagues (Strikeforce)?? I thought this guy should've retired a long time ago.

Cerrone continues to be one of my favorite fighters, his round house kicks are deadly.

Vitor I think got sloppy and didn't choose his strikes wisely when he had that flurry which led to him being gassed. Weidman is a good fighter no doubt, but he's just not anything special IMO, I'd like to see him against Jacare or Rockhold.

well we know it's not steroids. dude looks like s**t but has been on a tear.

Poon was being thrown his way like Kaepernick Nfl sophomore year in Arlovskis' prime then he got aced.

He was one of the first all rounded Heavyweights in UFC so he's probably like those old 8 year vet QBs who have seen all types of defenses and know what to do when to do it,its just a matter of can you do it.

Holy football metaphors ,Batman.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Lol
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Lol

lol, i remember that. fkn weirdo
And!!! That is why Rumble Johnson will not be champion, you can't just brawl your way to the top this isn't boxing. You need to have some sort of ground game, Johnson looked awful on the ground.

As for Arlovski, tell me how in the hell is he just running through top contenders now when he was getting KO'd in the minor leagues (Strikeforce)?? I thought this guy should've retired a long time ago.

Cerrone continues to be one of my favorite fighters, his round house kicks are deadly.

Vitor I think got sloppy and didn't choose his strikes wisely when he had that flurry which led to him being gassed. Weidman is a good fighter no doubt, but he's just not anything special IMO, I'd like to see him against Jacare or Rockhold.

?t=2m21s

#jointheteam
[ Edited by Knowledge on May 28, 2015 at 7:25 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

Even though rumbles ground game is terrible, I don't think that's his main problem. IMO his cardio has always been his downfall. If he doesn't score a KO in the first 2rds he's gassed by the 3rd

Well no matter wins or losses Rumble has never made it past the 3rd round, he seemed to have pretty decent cardio vs. Phil Davis.
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

Even though rumbles ground game is terrible, I don't think that's his main problem. IMO his cardio has always been his downfall. If he doesn't score a KO in the first 2rds he's gassed by the 3rd

Well no matter wins or losses Rumble has never made it past the 3rd round, he seemed to have pretty decent cardio vs. Phil Davis.

His cardio is ok when he's not tested, unlike Davis DC (along with Cain) are masters of making their opponent carry their weight with their wrestling so not only was Rumble constantly trying to fight off the cage he had to carry all of DC's weight while doing it.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
UFC Fight Night last night? Alves vs. Condit? just saw it on my DVR recordings. Had no idea it was even on. you guys suck.
  • Jiks
UFC Fight Night last night? Alves vs. Condit? just saw it on my DVR recordings. Had no idea it was even on. you guys suck.

Condit f**ked some s**t up. Looked like his old self again.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Gawd damn! Dem Condit elbows! OUCH!

most of the fights were good. THat Oliveira fight was awesome too.

Gawd damn! Dem Condit elbows! OUCH!

most of the fights were good. THat Oliveira fight was awesome too.

Agreed, definitely a good card. Condit looks back to the killer he was, wouldn't mind seeing him versus Bendo next
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Decent fight on TUF. Nice choke to finish off Eric Roberts.
Decent fight on TUF. Nice choke to finish off Eric Roberts.

I saw the last round -- that was nice!

Roberts after the tap out, sitting on his stool in disbelief, mutters to himself, "Wow".
Don't forget this Saturday at 5 PST on Fox, Hendo vs. Boetsch. Not a bad card for a free-view.

cormier vs gustaffson and weidman vs rockhold announced, dont think a date is set for either yet though
Share 49ersWebzone