There are 219 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
jesus. johnson gassed out so quickly. same with vitor.

Souza will MURDER weidman. IDK wtf weidman is so confident about. Two lucky wins against Silva, beat and old ass machida and now beat an old ass vitor.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Souza will MURDER weidman. IDK wtf weidman is so confident about. Two lucky wins against Silva, beat and old ass machida and now beat an old ass vitor.

This.

two lucky wins

lmao
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Bader acting the fool at the post fight press conference
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

This.

Then watch after Weidman pwns Souza you're going to say, "...an old ass vitor, and an old ass Souza".

Souza will be like 36 when/if they do fight :)
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Knowledge:

two lucky wins

lmao

Yeah, he schooled Silva pretty hard the first time, and was whooping him pretty good before Silva's leg snapped in the second fight if I remember correct.

Who else do you want him to beat? It's not his fault the MW division is so weak.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Bader acting the fool at the post fight press conference

Well DC was the one who called him out :)

Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

Who else do you want him to beat? It's not his fault the MW division is so weak.

I think weidman is the real deal. But lets not crown him until he defends his title against someone under 37yrs of age
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:

two lucky wins

lmao

Yeah, he schooled Silva pretty hard the first time, and was whooping him pretty good before Silva's leg snapped in the second fight if I remember correct.

First fight Chris won the first round with his wrestling but was getting clowned in the second on the feet before he caught the clowning Anderson and KO'd him. Second fight Chris was clearly winning before the leg snap but there was luck involved in both wins.

Chris is very very good, but let's not forget that Machida was beginning to score in the 4ths and 5th rounds. Souza and Rockhold definitely could pose some serious problems and have a much more legit shot than Vitor did.

Originally posted by KRS-1:

two lucky wins

lmao

First fight Chris won the first round with his wrestling but was getting clowned in the second on the feet before he caught the clowning Anderson and KO'd him. Second fight Chris was clearly winning before the leg snap but there was luck involved in both wins.

Chris is very very good, but let's not forget that Machida was beginning to score in the 4ths and 5th rounds. Souza and Rockhold definitely could pose some serious problems and have a much more legit shot than Vitor did.

Wont matter… Rockhold will have the belt when its all said and done.

There is luck involved with every fight, Wiedman won his fights at the end of the day and dominated the majority of rounds in every fight he has had… Silva winning half a round or Machida winning 2 out of 5 doesn't mean anything if they can't pull out the win. Him vs either Souza or Rockhold will be the biggest challenge to date imo because they are the only ones that can hang with him on the ground.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

two lucky wins

lmao

Agreed
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
And!!! That is why Rumble Johnson will not be champion, you can't just brawl your way to the top this isn't boxing. You need to have some sort of ground game, Johnson looked awful on the ground.

As for Arlovski, tell me how in the hell is he just running through top contenders now when he was getting KO'd in the minor leagues (Strikeforce)?? I thought this guy should've retired a long time ago.

Cerrone continues to be one of my favorite fighters, his round house kicks are deadly.

Vitor I think got sloppy and didn't choose his strikes wisely when he had that flurry which led to him being gassed. Weidman is a good fighter no doubt, but he's just not anything special IMO, I'd like to see him against Jacare or Rockhold.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
And!!! That is why Rumble Johnson will not be champion, you can't just brawl your way to the top this isn't boxing. You need to have some sort of ground game, Johnson looked awful on the ground.

As for Arlovski, tell me how in the hell is he just running through top contenders now when he was getting KO'd in the minor leagues (Strikeforce)?? I thought this guy should've retired a long time ago.

Cerrone continues to be one of my favorite fighters, his round house kicks are deadly.

Vitor I think got sloppy and didn't choose his strikes wisely when he had that flurry which led to him being gassed. Weidman is a good fighter no doubt, but he's just not anything special IMO, I'd like to see him against Jacare or Rockhold.

Even though rumbles ground game is terrible, I don't think that's his main problem. IMO his cardio has always been his downfall. If he doesn't score a KO in the first 2rds he's gassed by the 3rd
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

well we know it's not steroids. dude looks like s**t but has been on a tear.
Share 49ersWebzone