LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

What're your guys picks for the main card tonight?

Johnson/Cormier: Corimer wins by decision
Weidmen/Belfort: Weidman wins by decision
Cerrone/Makdessi: Cerrone wins by decision

That'll likely be the outcome, but what makes these fights so exciting is all the people I have losing by decision pose legit KO threat. I wouldn't be suprised if Johnson, Belfort, and Makdessi all scored knockouts tonight. Especially Makdessi, I think this guy has the tools to pull the upset. I like Johnson, but I don't think he's ready for the pace and wrestling of Cormier. As for Weidman, I think this is the most unpredictable fight, I think Chris will dominate, but all it takes is one shot from Vitor to end the fight, same can be said for the Johnson/Cormier fight. Gonna be a great night! Don't forget to watch the prelims too! Uriah Hall, Rose, and Dodson all fighting! Let's go!!!
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on May 23, 2015 at 12:46 PM ]
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

That'll likely be the outcome, but what makes these fights so exciting is all the people I have losing by decision pose legit KO threat. I wouldn't be suprised if Johnson, Belfort, and Makdessi all scored knockouts tonight. Especially Makdessi, I think this guy has the tools to pull the upset. I like Johnson, but I don't think he's ready for the pace and wrestling of Cormier. As for Weidman, I think this is the most unpredictable fight, I think Chris will dominate, but all it takes is one shot from Vitor to end the fight, same can be said for the Johnson/Cormier fight. Gonna be a great night! Don't forget to watch the prelims too! Uriah Hall, Rose, and Dodson all fighting! Let's go!!!

Cormier got pwned by Jones in "wrestling". Rumble Johnson is a completely different fighter -- very focused and disciplined. He's at home in the 205 lb division.

Rumble by TKO in the 3rd.

Weidman by KO in the 2nd.

Cerrone by submission in the 5th.

Arvloski by KO in the 2nd.
I used to be pretty good with my UFC predictions but haven't done them in a while and will not be surprised if I am completely off on my 4 predictions above :)
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Cormier got pwned by Jones in "wrestling". Rumble Johnson is a completely different fighter -- very focused and disciplined. He's at home in the 205 lb division.

Well for one, the Cerrone fight is only 3rds lol

And to address your Jones comment, Johnson is no where near the wrestler Jones is, Jones was the only fighter in the divison witb superior wrestling to DC. I do agree with u though that Johnson is very disciplined and looks like a completely different fighter. If he can defend the takedowns, he'll win this fight. But Cormiers boxing is very underrated.
thug rose fight cancelled tonight with nina ansaroff. apparently ansaroff is sick. she missed weight by 4 lbs yesterday
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

I don't know bout this one. I'm going the other way. Happa by KO in the 2nd.

But, here are my official bets.

Arlovski/Browne under 1.5 rounds.

Cormier wins by decision.

NOT Weidman inside distance.

And, Makdessi/Cerrone won't go 3 rounds.

Originally posted by crabman82:
thug rose fight cancelled tonight with nina ansaroff. apparently ansaroff is sick. she missed weight by 4 lbs yesterday

Damn. Had her on my fantasy team for draft kings. Too late to change. Just lost me some money. f**k.
Not gonna be able to order the fight any of yall got some good sites for the fight tonight?
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Not gonna be able to order the fight any of yall got some good sites for the fight tonight?

Google ilemi or atdhe
  • evil
  • Veteran
Picking DC, Weidman, Cowboy and Browne but rooting against DC and CW. Makdessi has some power but I doubt he is KO'ing Cerrone barring a lucky punch...he has not beaten anyone and has not looked that impressive.

I miss the urial hall fight. How did he do?
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

Disappointing performance. He lost by decision. Close fight though.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Meh fight. I scored the first 2 for him but judges gave the decision to Natal. Not worth going out of your way to watch.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Meh fight. I scored the first 2 for him but judges gave the decision to Natal. Not worth going out of your way to watch.

I agree I gave the first 2 rounds to uriah
Originally posted by KRS-1:

I agree I gave the first 2 rounds to uriah
i guess they want to see more knock outs from him.
Share 49ersWebzone