LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
s**t, i missed it the first time i watched it. that's excusable IMO. I've seen far worse.

Yeah I mean the guy was moving and his eyes were open… but its because he was out and coming back too. The part that annoyed me was the ref arguing so adamantly that the dude was still conscious instead of lifting a hand to see if he is still responding or asking the fighter directly if he was conscious. Been choked out enough to know that its that moment where the brain is coming back and all you see is black and stars but have no wits or function or hearing.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Apr 23, 2015 at 5:35 PM ]
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
JFC who is training MMA refs these days… f*ckin clueless. Granted the guy is in spasms, but one arm goes limp the other goes stiff, all signs of unconsciousness.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2433149-mma-fighter-pleads-with-ref-to-acknowledge-his-opponent-is-kod-at-bellator-136?utm_source

Kudos to the fighter.

thats a hard submission to spot honestly. ref was paying attention to the guillotine choke. i missed it the first time watching and didnt even see how he was choked out
Originally posted by Knowledge:
thats a hard submission to spot honestly. ref was paying attention to the guillotine choke. i missed it the first time watching and didnt even see how he was choked out

Definitely an awkward submission, but they need to teach refs to check for consciousness rather than argue . Big john would of grabbed a hand and shook it asking "you awake?"

After that one brazilian ref a couple ufc's ago who almost let a dude die in the ring, you'd think there would be an emphasis on checking consciousness by all the athletic commissions.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
what a terrible fkn card. They should've just cancelled it. I'll bet only 5 people in the world ordered it.
what a terrible fkn card. They should've just cancelled it. I'll bet only 5 people in the world ordered it.

Just got home from the gun range to watch MM smother Horiguchi, were the other fights lame ducks?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

Just got home from the gun range to watch MM smother Horiguchi, were the other fights lame ducks?

i left just before the rampage fight to get some del taco. Came back, watched the first round then fast forwarded through the rest. Then I fell asleep halfway through the "main event." Probably wont even go back to watch.

Agreed, it should be a crime to charge $50 for that miserable card. That should've been free on Fox. I still wouldn't have watched live.
Something to cheer up the fans that witnessed that atrocity, its old but a classic
the prelims were good
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Clearly wasn't worth ordering, sprinkling sugar on s**t don't make it a cake c'mon!!!

Not many big names on the card, but it was full of great fights. I ordered it and must say I'm satisfied. Got to witness history with Mighty Mouse's finish, latest stoppage in the history of the sport. Rampage fought well. And the night was full of KOs. Makdesi is an iintriguing prospect.
Mighty mouse has great technique, that arm bar was spectacular.

My updated P4P list:
1) Jones
2) Aldo
3) Mighty Mouse
4) Cain
5) Rousey
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Apr 26, 2015 at 4:37 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Bones Jones may be out of 187. Rumors swirling he was involved in 3 car crash accident after running a red then fled scene. Rumors about him being under influence and cocaine being found at the scene of the crash.

All rumor currently but if true he is off of 187.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Bones Jones may be out of 187. Rumors swirling he was involved in 3 car crash accident after running a red then fled scene. Rumors about him being under influence and cocaine being found at the scene of the crash.

Wow
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Yeah does not sound good for him.
Share 49ersWebzone