• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
WTF! I missed the fight?

And new......
Originally posted by KRS-1:

And new......

Jesus wtf is he 5?

Im all for self promotion but there is supposed to be honor in martial arts… the more he does the more I think Aldo is in McGregors head. Neither are afraid to fight each other but I'd have to give Aldo the edge in the mental warfare after the past couple weeks of watching McGregor's antics.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
highest rated UFC ever? I think it might be. Dana is loving all the love/hate McGregor gets. I actually liked him when he first popped up in the UFC. Now hes just fkn annoying. Talented, but annoying.
*******REMINDER****** this weeks card on saturday starts at 8 am west coast time. main card starts at 10 am. mendes vs lamas main event.
highest rated UFC ever? I think it might be. Dana is loving all the love/hate McGregor gets. I actually liked him when he first popped up in the UFC. Now hes just fkn annoying. Talented, but annoying.

I hope not. Would go a long way to show how big a puppet the general public is, and would promote more fighters to act like ass clowns in an effort to gain an unjust title fight. It would become the circus boxing has become faster than any of us would have expected.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Apr 3, 2015 at 12:08 AM ]

like i said earlier, McGregor better make this a competitive fight. If Aldo demolishes him easily, then LOL at Conor's career at featherweight.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
for the good of the sport, I think Aldo NEEDS to win.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

And new......

Jesus wtf is he 5?

Im all for self promotion but there is supposed to be honor in martial arts… the more he does the more I think Aldo is in McGregors head. Neither are afraid to fight each other but I'd have to give Aldo the edge in the mental warfare after the past couple weeks of watching McGregor's antics.

Disagree. Conor is in his head and Aldo needs to not come to this fight angry. Sure that could work for him but it could also work against him and Conor is the only fighter he has ever fought with really good standup skills, KO power and movement while possessing a reach like Conor has. Aldo is faster and far more experienced and is an incredible standup fighter in his own right but he needs to not fight off of emotion because Conor does have the ability to end this fight with one punch or some crazy head kick.

The whole ordeal in Dublin with the belt stealing came about after Aldo proclaimed himself the king of Dublin. Conor took offense and then took advantage and the crowd went bananas...and it has generated a s**t ton of buzz. Hate it or love it, this is the stuff that sells the casual viewers and the UFC is desperate for fighters to sell PPV's since they no longer have GSP and Brock.

for the good of the sport, I think Aldo NEEDS to win.

But for the good of the business aspect of the sport, Conor needs to win.

But for the good of the business aspect of the sport, Conor needs to win.

Yup.

Personally, he's great. I enjoy the Diaz brothers, and guys like that who talk s**t, but still back it up (at least to me it's entertaining). Though, guys like Koshcheck and Chael, annoyed me since they would talk s**t, but sit on top of you the whole fight.

conor is only annoying if you dont get his schtick. sure they just did a world tour so there was a few more pressers for fans to see him than there normally would have been. hes the same cat as when he entered the ufc against marcus brimage. if you liked his schtick and antics leading up to any other fight, then i dont see how anything should change. for those who soured on him recently, what did you really expect? he is doing what he has always done in his ufc career.
Originally posted by crabman82:
conor is only annoying if you dont get his schtick. sure they just did a world tour so there was a few more pressers for fans to see him than there normally would have been. hes the same cat as when he entered the ufc against marcus brimage. if you liked his schtick and antics leading up to any other fight, then i dont see how anything should change. for those who soured on him recently, what did you really expect? he is doing what he has always done in his ufc career.

true, but I expected him to have a little more respect for the champ, who's been holding down that weight class for the past 10 years, and paved the way for ppl like Connor
I get Conor's shtick but he can still come off as annoying. It was funny at first but is filled with hypocrisy and is taking the UFC one step closer to WWE. He is gonna do all these antics but then demand respect if he wins the championship. But thats just one fans opinion, in the end all that matters is a good fight. Just seems like MMA is becoming more of a personality contest, but maybe Im just old and miss the days where people just showed up and fought. 90% of promotional sh*t is fake and to sell fights to those that are easily impressionable. This one does seem like the real 10%, but who knows… they could be having cocktails and laughing behind the scenes for the massive payday they are about to get.

Its all good though, can't complain too much when we get to see fights almost every weekend which wouldn't happen if the business and promotional aspect of the sport didn't start to take charge.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Apr 3, 2015 at 10:18 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Fight Night Mendes vs Lamas at 11am
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
I get Conor's shtick but he can still come off as annoying. It was funny at first but is filled with hypocrisy and is taking the UFC one step closer to WWE. He is gonna do all these antics but then demand respect if he wins the championship. But thats just one fans opinion, in the end all that matters is a good fight. Just seems like MMA is becoming more of a personality contest, but maybe Im just old and miss the days where people just showed up and fought. 90% of promotional sh*t is fake and to sell fights to those that are easily impressionable. This one does seem like the real 10%, but who knows… they could be having cocktails and laughing behind the scenes for the massive payday they are about to get.

Its all good though, can't complain too much when we get to see fights almost every weekend which wouldn't happen if the business and promotional aspect of the sport didn't start to take charge.

Trash talk has always been a part of MMA...the Gracies, Tito, Rampage, Phil Baroni, Ken and Frank Shamrock. There is a long list of those who set the stage, the only thing that has changed is that social media magnifies and amplifies that trash talk more so now.
Share 49ersWebzone