LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
gonna assume he bought that belt on ebay.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
gonna assume he bought that belt on KB Toys.

ftfy
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
love this video

Good.who was that lizard looking douchebag?

From the profile view he looks like Frankie Edgar's evil twin.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
dis b***h trippin. MAYBE if there was no striking allowed, ya.

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
love this video

Good.who was that lizard looking douchebag?

From the profile view he looks like Frankie Edgar's evil twin.

"So dude, you want more tats?"
"Yeah!"
"Where? Got a lot of real estate on the legs and back."
"The face!"
"What?!?"
"Yeah!"
"Okay. Where on the face?"
"All of it! NAAAAAOOOOOO!"
The whole RR hype thing has gotten so out of hand. It's so transparent what White is doing with his new golden goose and the hype is so over the top. This quote says it all to me...reminds me of Royce Gracie back in the early day days of MMA. He was more evolved as a fighter than the other fighters...but eventually the competition caught up and passed him by. The same thing will happen with RR and her women counterparts.

"It's not that they're lacking anything so much," Rousey said on SportsCenter. "They decided later in life that they wanted to be a fighter. A lot of these girls already developed a personality and had a life and one day they decided, 'I'm gonna give it a try.' Whereas, this is literally what I was raised to do."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/5/8156535/ronda-rousey-theoretically-i-could-beat-100-percent-of-ufc-mens

She honestly might be able to lol, with exception to Dillashaw.
Originally posted by strickac:
Rousey would top my list, just too dominant. Dillashaw deserves some love too. He was so impressive against Barao. Jones barely got passed Gus and now he faces the guy that walked right through him. His fight with Rumble Johnson will be very telling.

1. Jones
2. Rousey
3. Cain
4. Aldo
5. Johnson (mighty mouse)

6. Weidman
7. Dillashaw
8. Pettis

I defintely agree with you, Dillashaw has been impressive and probably deserves to be higher. But I have him, Weidman, and Pettis at 6,7, and 8 because they need to defend their belts a few more times before we can put them ahead of any of those whom I listed in my top 5, who have defended their belts numerous more times.
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Rousey would top my list, just too dominant. Dillashaw deserves some love too. He was so impressive against Barao. Jones barely got passed Gus and now he faces the guy that walked right through him. His fight with Rumble Johnson will be very telling.

1. Jones
2. Rousey
3. Cain
4. Aldo

6. Weidman
7. Dillashaw
8. Pettis

I defintely agree with you, Dillashaw has been impressive and probably deserves to be higher. But I have him, Weidman, and Pettis at 6,7, and 8 because they need to defend their belts a few more times before we can put them ahead of any of those whom I listed in my top 5, who have defended their belts numerous more times.

i dont really like P4P debates as most of the people will never fight so we'll never know. but you cant have cain at 3 and pettis at 8 and say pettis needs a few more title defenses. he has defended the belt once with another fight next week. cain has 2 title defenses and fought once in the last 18 months.
Originally posted by crabman82:

1. Jones
2. Rousey
3. Cain
4. Aldo

6. Weidman
7. Dillashaw
8. Pettis

i dont really like P4P debates as most of the people will never fight so we'll never know. but you cant have cain at 3 and pettis at 8 and say pettis needs a few more title defenses. he has defended the belt once with another fight next week. cain has 2 title defenses and fought once in the last 18 months.

True, but Cain has been VERY dominant in his victories. Made Dos Santos look terrible, TWICE. Proved the first time he lost to him was a fluke.

You are right though, based on the logic I stated above Cain shouldn't be higher than 5 on my list.

Let's see how Pettis does against Dos Anjos it will be very telling. If he beats him in convincing fashion I might be willing to toss him in my top 5.
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Mar 6, 2015 at 8:34 PM ]

1. Jones
2. Rousey
3. Cain
4. Aldo

6. Weidman
7. Dillashaw
8. Pettis

True, but Cain has been VERY dominant his victories. Made Dos Santos look terrible TWICE. Proved the first time he lost to him was a fluke.

You are right though, based on the logic I stated above he shouldn't be higher than 5 on my list.

in about the last 3 full calendar years (in may its 3 full) he has beaten JDS twice and bigfoot twice. pettis who has had his injury concerns has finished lauzon, cerrone, bendo and melendez in the past 3 years. if he adds RDA next week (which i think he will) thats a more impressive resume than what cain has brought to the table the last 3 years. cain is basically living off the past 2 JDS fights, while pettis is finishing guys in the most talent stacked division.

1. Jones
2. Rousey
3. Cain
4. Aldo

6. Weidman
7. Dillashaw
8. Pettis

True, but Cain has been VERY dominant his victories. Made Dos Santos look terrible TWICE. Proved the first time he lost to him was a fluke.

You are right though, based on the logic I stated above he shouldn't be higher than 5 on my list.

in about the last 3 full calendar years (in may its 3 full) he has beaten JDS twice and bigfoot twice. pettis who has had his injury concerns has finished lauzon, cerrone, bendo and melendez in the past 3 years. if he adds RDA next week (which i think he will) thats a more impressive resume than what cain has brought to the table the last 3 years. cain is basically living off the past 2 JDS fights, while pettis is finishing guys in the most talent stacked division.

Good point, Cain's lack of competition that past 3 years does hurt his value, but Dos Santos is better than anyone Pettis has beaten.

I wasn't impressed with Pettis' win over Henderson, felt flukey to me, we will see a rematch in the future and I expect Henderson to win. I also wasn't impressed with his victory Melendez, he was losing the fight before pulling off the submission. With that being said, a win is a win and I won't take that away from him.

I understand why you would question my ranking of Cain, he probably should be lower on my list, but at this point I don't think it's anymore valid to put Pettis ahead of him.
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Mar 7, 2015 at 10:04 PM ]

1. Jones
2. Rousey
3. Cain
4. Aldo

6. Weidman
7. Dillashaw
8. Pettis

Good point, Cain's lack of competition that past 3 years does hurt his value, but Dos Santos is better than anyone Pettis has beaten.

I wasn't impressed with Pettis' win over Henderson, felt flukey to me, we will see a rematch I'm the future and I expect Henderson to win. I also wasn't impressed with his vicory over Mendez, he was losing the fight before pulling off the submission. But with that being said, a win is a win and I won't take that away from me.

I understand why you would question my ranking of Cain, he probably should be lower on my list, but at this point I don't think it's anymore valid to put Pettis ahead of him.

full disclosure i am a big ben henderson fan and pettis has his number. beat him in a 5 round war and sub'd him in the first round the 2nd fight. melendez wasnt doing s**t vs pettis except throw sloppy brawler like punches and lean on him on the cage. pettis called that fight, said gil is sloppy and wants to get in wars, thats not my game, i'll wait for his mistake and take advantage. and thats exactly what he did. P4P lists are also about where fighters are. pettis is getting healthy, fighting more often and finishing as he just hit hits prime at 28. cain is 32, busted up and it remains to be seen how healthy he can be going forward with busted up knees and shoulders.

1. Jones
2. Rousey
3. Cain
4. Aldo

6. Weidman
7. Dillashaw
8. Pettis

I wasn't impressed with Pettis' win over Henderson, felt flukey to me, we will see a rematch I'm the future and I expect Henderson to win. I also wasn't impressed with his vicory over Mendez, he was losing the fight before pulling off the submission. But with that being said, a win is a win and I won't take that away from me.

full disclosure i am a big ben henderson fan and pettis has his number. beat him in a 5 round war and sub'd him in the first round the 2nd fight. melendez wasnt doing s**t vs pettis except throw sloppy brawler like punches and lean on him on the cage. pettis called that fight, said gil is sloppy and wants to get in wars, thats not my game, i'll wait for his mistake and take advantage. and thats exactly what he did. P4P lists are also about where fighters are. pettis is getting healthy, fighting more often and finishing as he just hit hits prime at 28. cain is 32, busted up and it remains to be seen how healthy he can be going forward with busted up knees and shoulders.

Yeah Pettis definitely does have Henderson's number, but I've always believed Henderson was the better fighter, and if he gets another chance at Pettis I can't see him losing again.

Time will tell with Cain and Pettis, hopefully they both keep winning. They are 2 of my favorite fighters to watch. Pettis keeps you on the edge of seat, never know what's he's gonna do next. But his fight against Melendez was very boring. Neither fighter was doing anything until the submission, I simply thought Mendez was winning before it ended because he was applying the pressure, moving forward more frequently. Neither was harming the other.
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Mar 6, 2015 at 8:50 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

She honestly might be able to lol, with exception to Dillashaw.

No frickin way, she wouldn't even beat 25% of them. Male fighters have much better striking technique not to mention stronger upper body and most male fighters know how to defend the arm bar that's why you hardly see them get submitted like that. Take the arm bar away and she's toast.
Share 49ersWebzone