There are 262 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by AsianJeff:
1. Bones Jones
2. Jose Aldo
3. Ronda Rousey
4. Cain Velasquez
5. Demetrious Johnson

I could agree with this. I'd put Aldo lower though. He has to beat Connor before I have him in the top 3. His past few performances have been very lackluster.
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
1. Bones Jones
2. Jose Aldo
3. Ronda Rousey
4. Cain Velasquez
5. Demetrious Johnson

I could agree with this. I'd put Aldo lower though. He has to beat Connor before I have him in the top 3. His past few performances have been very lackluster.

reason i had Aldo so high is because of his streak, whether the fights have been lackluster or not, he's dominated top competition. Conor, although very exciting, still hasn't fought top level competition IMO
1. Bones Jones
2. Jose Aldo
3. Ronda Rousey
4. Cain Velasquez
5. Demetrious Johnson

reason i had Aldo so high is because of his streak, whether the fights have been lackluster or not, he's dominated top competition. Conor, although very exciting, still hasn't fought top level competition IMO

True
1. Bones Jones
2. Jose Aldo
3. Ronda Rousey
4. Cain Velasquez
5. Demetrious Johnson

I give Conor a very good shot at beating Aldo, but that guy has had one of the easier path's to a title shot i've ever seen.

he really should be fighting Frankie Edgar for the #1 contender spot..... but ya.... they want to cash in on the Conor hype....
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Mar 2, 2015 at 4:39 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Top 5 P4P:
1. Jones
2. Rousey
3. Velasquez
4. Aldo
5. Mighty Mouse

Agree or disagree?

Disagree:

1. Rhonda Rousey
2. Cain Velasquez
3. Jose Aldo
4. Jon Bones Jones
5. Demetrious Johnson

Wow. I'm suprised how low you have Jon Jones.

He hasn't finished anyone in two years, you can't be the best P4P fighter if you don't finish fights.

But he's dominated everyone he's ever fought (with exception to Gustafson). When was the last time Aldo finished anyone? Wasn't it the first time against Mendes? That was over 2 years ago as well. Cain hasn't even fought for over year. Those rankings just don't make much sense to me. Aldo is not the fighter he used to be, I'll be impressed if he beats McGregor. And even though Rousey has been dominant, who has she really fought that earned her #1 on your list?

You're right though in the fact that Jones needs to finish more fights. Last time I remember him finishing a fight was impressive though. Put Machida to sleep.

Aldo was totally dominant is his two previous fights vs. Mendes and Lamas. Vs. Mendes honestly it was back and fourth with Aldo being the victor Aldo was definitely in a fight. Vs. Lamas, he owned Lamas was 4 rounds beating his ass with leg kicks, no contest IMO. But the last fighter he finished via TKO was Chan Sung Jung, I think that was the fight he dislocated Chan Sung Jung's shoulder from round house kick. Aldo comes to fight, he doesn't show up show boat and that's why I have him ranked higher.

With Jones, I was unimpressed with him vs. Cormier, way too conservative in that fight. Yes he picked apart Glover Texieira but honestly, that was expected, Texieira was no match for Jones, you had to be an idiot to pick against Jones on that one. Before that he fought or dominated an overrated Chael Sonnen, Sonnen had/has no business in the LH class.

As for Rousey, she beats whoever they put in front of her, she doesn't choose the fight nor is she responsible for adding talent in her weight class. She plays the hands she dealt, how you gonna fault her for that??

As for Cain Velasquez, you can't fault him for being injured, you didn't say anything about the fighter being active. But looking at Cain's track record he's only had two decisions in 14 fights and you'll see the letters TKO all over it, nuff said!!!
Top 5 P4P:
1. Jones
2. Rousey
3. Velasquez
4. Aldo
5. Mighty Mouse

Agree or disagree?

Disagree:

1. Rhonda Rousey
2. Cain Velasquez
3. Jose Aldo
4. Jon Bones Jones
5. Demetrious Johnson

He hasn't finished anyone in two years, you can't be the best P4P fighter if you don't finish fights.

But he's dominated everyone he's ever fought (with exception to Gustafson). When was the last time Aldo finished anyone? Wasn't it the first time against Mendes? That was over 2 years ago as well. Cain hasn't even fought for over year. Those rankings just don't make much sense to me. Aldo is not the fighter he used to be, I'll be impressed if he beats McGregor. And even though Rousey has been dominant, who has she really fought that earned her #1 on your list?

You're right though in the fact that Jones needs to finish more fights. Last time I remember him finishing a fight was impressive though. Put Machida to sleep.

Aldo was totally dominant is his two previous fights vs. Mendes and Lamas. Vs. Mendes honestly it was back and fourth with Aldo being the victor Aldo was definitely in a fight. Vs. Lamas, he owned Lamas was 4 rounds beating his ass with leg kicks, no contest IMO. But the last fighter he finished via TKO was Chan Sung Jung, I think that was the fight he dislocated Chan Sung Jung's shoulder from round house kick. Aldo comes to fight, he doesn't show up show boat and that's why I have him ranked higher.

With Jones, I was unimpressed with him vs. Cormier, way too conservative in that fight. Yes he picked apart Glover Texieira but honestly, that was expected, Texieira was no match for Jones, you had to be an idiot to pick against Jones on that one. Before that he fought or dominated an overrated Chael Sonnen, Sonnen had/has no business in the LH class.

As for Rousey, she beats whoever they put in front of her, she doesn't choose the fight nor is she responsible for adding talent in her weight class. She plays the hands she dealt, how you gonna fault her for that??

As for Cain Velasquez, you can't fault him for being injured, you didn't say anything about the fighter being active. But looking at Cain's track record he's only had two decisions in 14 fights and you'll see the letters TKO all over it, nuff said!!!

I love Cain. I'd have him #1 or 2 if he wasn't out for so long but due to the layoff I have to put him behind Jones and Rousey. And I'm also taking in consideration that the heavyweight division is shallow and with exception to JDS he hasn't beaten anyone worthy of being number 1. I agree Rousey is just playing the hands she was dealt, but that doesn't take away from the fact that her weight class is fairly new and consists of lackluster talent. Beat Cyborg, then I'll put her number 1, but in the meantime I have her behind Jones who's only a few victories away from breaking Andersons title defense record streak. Who hasn't Jones beaten? And don't underestimate Texiera. He had all sorts of hype coming into the Jones fight, just like Cormier, but he dominated both. And to say Aldo has been "dominant" in his past few fights is an overstatement. He won, I'll give you that, but not in impressive fashion. And I don't feel like he's been tested by a true competitor for some years now. I'm really curious to see how he performs against Connor which is his first test in sometime.
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Mar 2, 2015 at 5:24 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
1. Bones Jones
2. Jose Aldo
3. Ronda Rousey
4. Cain Velasquez
5. Demetrious Johnson

I give Conor a very good shot at beating Aldo, but that guy has had one of the easier path's to a title shot i've ever seen.

he really should be fighting Frankie Edgar for the #1 contender spot..... but ya.... they want to cash in on the Conor hype....

Ya I agree. Gonna be a great fight though.
Rousey would top my list, just too dominant. Dillashaw deserves some love too. He was so impressive against Barao. Jones barely got passed Gus and now he faces the guy that walked right through him. His fight with Rumble Johnson will be very telling.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Top 5 P4P:
1. Jones
2. Rousey
3. Velasquez
4. Aldo
5. Mighty Mouse

Agree or disagree?

Disagree:

1. Rhonda Rousey
2. Cain Velasquez
3. Jose Aldo
4. Jon Bones Jones
5. Demetrious Johnson

I love Cain. I'd have him #1 or 2 if he wasn't out for so long but due to the layoff I have to put him behind Jones and Rousey. And I'm also taking in consideration that the heavyweight division is shallow and with exception to JDS he hasn't beaten anyone worthy of being number 1. I agree Rousey is just playing the hands she was dealt, but that doesn't take away from the fact that her weight class is fairly new and consists of lackluster talent. Beat Cyborg, then I'll put her number 1, but in the meantime I have her behind Jones who's only a few victories away from breaking Andersons title defense record streak. Who hasn't Jones beaten? And don't underestimate Texiera. He had all sorts of hype coming into the Jones fight, just like Cormier, but he dominated both. And to say Aldo has been "dominant" in his past few fights is an overstatement. He won, I'll give you that, but not in impressive fashion. And I don't feel like he's been tested by a true competitor for some years now. I'm really curious to see how he performs against Connor which is his first test in sometime.

I just don't think Jones is the same fighter anymore, he's not as aggressive of a fighter is what I mean. Rumble Johnson will be the biggest test since Alexander Gustafsson. His fight vs. Texieira was play time, Jones was picking him apart, Texieira has no footwork or head movement whatsoever. I bet once again we see Jones as the conservative one and rightfully so Rumble has a nasty right hook. If Jones chooses to stand in the box vs. Rumble he's going down I have no doubt about.

As for Rousey vs. Cyborg, well Cyborg keeps complaining how her body cannot take that kind of a weight cut. I say BS, Cat Zingano is just as big if not pretty much the same size as Cyborg. Same with Cyborg calling out Rousey to come to 145 pound class, in the words of Dana White "Rousey is the 135 champion, she's dominant, if you wanna fight the champ you go to the champ".
1. Bones Jones
2. Demetrious Johnson
3. Anthony Pettis
4. Cain Velasquez
5. Ronda Rousey

Top 5 P4P:
1. Jones
2. Rousey
3. Velasquez
4. Aldo
5. Mighty Mouse

Agree or disagree?

Disagree:

1. Rhonda Rousey
2. Cain Velasquez
3. Jose Aldo
4. Jon Bones Jones
5. Demetrious Johnson

I just don't think Jones is the same fighter anymore, he's not as aggressive of a fighter is what I mean. Rumble Johnson will be the biggest test since Alexander Gustafsson. His fight vs. Texieira was play time, Jones was picking him apart, Texieira has no footwork or head movement whatsoever. I bet once again we see Jones as the conservative one and rightfully so Rumble has a nasty right hook. If Jones chooses to stand in the box vs. Rumble he's going down I have no doubt about.

As for Rousey vs. Cyborg, well Cyborg keeps complaining how her body cannot take that kind of a weight cut. I say BS, Cat Zingano is just as big if not pretty much the same size as Cyborg. Same with Cyborg calling out Rousey to come to 145 pound class, in the words of Dana White "Rousey is the 135 champion, she's dominant, if you wanna fight the champ you go to the champ".

Yeah Cyborg needs to stop complaining and just cut the weight.

And even though I want Johnson to KO Jones I just dont see it happening. I think Jones will dominate the fight as usual using his wrestling and clinch. It'll likely go to decision but I can possibly see him submitting Johnson.

I disagree regarding Jones not being the fighter he used to be. I actually think he is still in his prime. But he has never been too aggressive of a fighter. He'll out strike you, he'll take you down, and he''ll either win by decison or submit you. Similar to GSP, not the most exciting to watch, but very effective. But I think he has much better standup than GSP ever did, not quite as good of a wrestler though.
1. Bones Jones
2. Jose Aldo
3. Ronda Rousey
4. Cain Velasquez
5. Demetrious Johnson

Man, would it be devastating if Aldo absolutely dominates Conor. Conor's ground game isn't great and I can see Aldo working the leg kicks early before going for a takedown
1. Bones Jones
2. Jose Aldo
3. Ronda Rousey
4. Cain Velasquez
5. Demetrious Johnson

Man, would it be devastating if Aldo absolutely dominates Conor. Conor's ground game isn't great and I can see Aldo working the leg kicks early before going for a takedown

To be honest as someone alluded to before Frankie vs McGregor is just as enticing as Aldo/McGregor. Dana is probably hoping McGregor wins so he can face Frankie next for another blockbuster. Or depending on the fight goes for Aldo if he loses..an immediate rematch of course.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Mar 3, 2015 at 9:17 AM ]
1. Bones Jones
2. Jose Aldo
3. Ronda Rousey
4. Cain Velasquez
5. Demetrious Johnson

No way lol. Aldo won't go for a takedown. This will be a stand up war.
1. Bones Jones
2. Jose Aldo
3. Ronda Rousey
4. Cain Velasquez
5. Demetrious Johnson

No way lol. Aldo won't go for a takedown. This will be a stand up war.

Maybe, but there's no denying Conor's skillset in the standup game. But if you're champ and you're watching tape, you see where Conor is vulnerable and it's on the ground.
Share 49ersWebzone