LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Yeah it's a shame. Weidman keeps getting injured.

Belfort thinks he is ducking him.

I wouldn't be suprised. Never been a Weidman fan. Mainly because Silva is my favorite fighter.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
What a s**tty card though on paper. Holy damn i wouldn't even pay $10 to watch that.

this. i know a lot of fights were postponed due to injuries (Weidman/Vitor), but to have Holly Holm vs Raquel Pennington as the co-main event?! come on, man!.

oh, and I see Rowdy winning by decision. 3-2
What a s**tty card though on paper. Holy damn i wouldn't even pay $10 to watch that.

Keep an eye on Holly Holm. Co-Main event. If not Zingano, this could be the girl to eventually beat Rousey. Best female boxer in the divison, great kicks too. Fun to watch.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:

this. i know a lot of fights were postponed due to injuries (Weidman/Vitor), but to have Holly Holm vs Raquel Pennington as the co-main event?! come on, man!.

Yeah I agree it shouldn't be the co-main, but I'm excited to watch Holm fight.

excited for Holm, too, but even she knows she's not ready for Rousey yet

excited for Holm, too, but even she knows she's not ready for Rousey yet

Not yet, but maybe after a couple more wins.
I think Rousy spanks Zingano. Cat wasn't very impressive in her win again Meisha. She's just the best of a lot of bad challengers. I don't like Rousy, but she's so far ahead of the rest of the ladies there's no real threat on the horizon.

Damn that King Mo / Kongo fight was embarrassing. Mo won without inflicting any damage and only landed a couple punches. Bellator is funny. They're about 5-10 years behind with Shamrock (51 years old), Kimbo, Kongo, Tito... Rampage should be heading back soon and they'll be complete.
[ Edited by strickac on Feb 28, 2015 at 11:13 AM ]
Haters gonna hate. I like Roidattor.

The swarm !
cyborg with a finish in 45 seconds. i think she'd beat ronda if she can ever figure out the weight issue.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crabman82:
cyborg with a finish in 45 seconds. i think she'd beat ronda if she can ever figure out the weight issue.

was that on the bellator card last night? I freakin fell asleep like 2 fights in.

• evil
  • Veteran

FWIW Ronda beat that same chick in her 2nd pro fight in essentially the same amount of time.

That Paul Daley vs Andre Santos fight last night was very entertaining.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Feb 28, 2015 at 7:43 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

was that on the bellator card last night? I freakin fell asleep like 2 fights in.

invicta
Originally posted by KRS-1:

FWIW Ronda beat that same chick in her 2nd pro fight in essentially the same amount of time.

That Paul Daley vs Andre Santos fight last night was very entertaining.

yeah tweet is now the only person to face rousey and cyborg, i respect ronda and all, but i dont think she could take a cyborg shot to the face without crumbling.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

It was on Invicta.

Cyborg thanked Fertitta and hinted at a UFC debut. IDK though, for as brutal as she is its too hard to overlook how she got there via the needle. That kind of jawline on women doesn't come from a cycle or two, that comes from years of steroid abuse. Even her celebration after looked like she was prepping a vein, kept on tapping her elbow pit.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Cat Zingano would be a better match up me thinks. I think both have good striking and even though Cyborg is a Brown Belt in BJJ under Andre Galvao of Team Atos, I gotta give the ground game to Zingano. I think she's more dangerous on the ground frickin relentless, it's one thing to do BJJ but to do it while someone is punching your face is a whole different game.

As for Rousey, if it was kept standing, it would be Cyborg by TKO 1 min into the first round. Cyborg just can't make the weight, IMO that's just a poor excuse though.
Share 49ersWebzone