LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Anyone else think McGregor had a really easy road to the title? His relationship with Dana probably helped. With that being said, can't wait for his fight against Aldo. Going to be great.

Hell yeah he had a easy road, Dustin Poirier is not really a test even though he's undefeated. I think Frankie Edgar, Raphael Asuncao or Urijah Faber. Personally I think Faber can beat McGregor, McGregor's takedown defense is horrible and he leaves himself vulnerable to it.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hell yeah he had a easy road, Dustin Poirier is not really a test even though he's undefeated. I think Frankie Edgar, Raphael Asuncao or Urijah Faber. Personally I think Faber can beat McGregor, McGregor's takedown defense is horrible and he leaves himself vulnerable to it.

Assuncao and Faber are 135'ers, Conor is a 145'er. Though Urijah is talented enough to handle his own at 145.

It is Edgar, Mendes and Lamas who are the wrestler challenges for Conor in his weight class. But the UFC did right by keeping him away from wrestlers for now. He is a flashy an exciting striker who talks the talk better than Chael, Conor made that division the most exciting it has ever been. It allows the UFC to get their big title fight which will do very good business and if he wins leaves the door open for great matchups with the above, that are going to be marketable and they could even do a fight with Faber. It also buys Conor time to improve his TDD and grappling.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Anyone else think McGregor had a really easy road to the title? His relationship with Dana probably helped. With that being said, can't wait for his fight against Aldo. Going to be great.

only everyone and their momma.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Assuncao and Faber are 135'ers, Conor is a 145'er. Though Urijah is talented enough to handle his own at 145.

It is Edgar, Mendes and Lamas who are the wrestler challenges for Conor in his weight class. But the UFC did right by keeping him away from wrestlers for now. He is a flashy an exciting striker who talks the talk better than Chael, Conor made that division the most exciting it has ever been. It allows the UFC to get their big title fight which will do very good business and if he wins leaves the door open for great matchups with the above, that are going to be marketable and they could even do a fight with Faber. It also buys Conor time to improve his TDD and grappling.

Oh yah forgot, they fought at 145 before though and isn't Faber moving up to fight Edgar?? But I agree with you about McGregor, it makes good business for him to take the easy road. But shoot I'd even like to see him face Clay Guida, I bet he would definitely give McGregor a run for his money.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

only everyone and their momma.

Lol
So who here thinks Zingano can pull of an upset tomorrow night???

I do.
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
TBH, he should get charged with assault

For what part of that video though? The kick after was out of line for sure, but all the video shows is when Neer was able to corner him and G&P which seemed to be agreed upon based on the text smack talk. This bell it was after seems made up by him to save face and keep talking smack which he has.

IMO The beatdown and the kick should be separated cause there definitely wasn't any bell in that video or anyone saying round over. The stoppage was a bit late but what did he seriously expect in an unsanctioned match after threatening to put an MMA fighter in the hospital… not to mention Neer was never known for his sportsmanship.

They already had a three min sparring session. All of that was done after the fact.

how do you know? because the other guy said so?
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

I do.

Same. Hope she can pull it off.

I do.

Same. Hope she can pull it off.

Yeah -- Rousey needs to experience some adversity. Don't know much about Zingano other than she's undefeated and her last 6 wins have all been finishes (5 TKO/Ko's and 1 submission) including a win against Miesha. Hopefully Zingano's jiu jitsu background can fend off Rousey's arm bar.

What a s**tty card though on paper. Holy damn i wouldn't even pay $10 to watch that.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Oh yah forgot, they fought at 145 before though and isn't Faber moving up to fight Edgar?? But I agree with you about McGregor, it makes good business for him to take the easy road. But shoot I'd even like to see him face Clay Guida, I bet he would definitely give McGregor a run for his money.

Was that run for his money an intentional or unintentional pun ?

Not sure if you remember but he ran a whole lot when he fought Maynard.
  • evil
  • Veteran
What a s**tty card though on paper. Holy damn i wouldn't even pay $10 to watch that.

Card fell apart. Previously had :

Weidman vs Belfort
Jacare vs Romero
Mir vs Bigfoot
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Card fell apart. Previously had :

Weidman vs Belfort
Jacare vs Romero
Mir vs Bigfoot

Yeah it's a shame. Weidman keeps getting injured.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Yeah it's a shame. Weidman keeps getting injured.

Belfort thinks he is ducking him.
Share 49ersWebzone