LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

2 counter punchers...

Diaz looked good in the first two rounds then faded. Silva looked like he wasn't willing to test his chin and played it safe to a decision, disappointed he didn't go after Diaz in rounds 4 and 5 when Diaz slowed down considerably.
Diaz let Silva fight his fight. Should have pushed the fight like he normally does.

I think it's pretty cool Miesha Tate beat that dude. After the first round, I thought she was done. Then she took that dude down in the second and third and controlled the fight.

Louzan got fuuuuu up.

I like Woodley. Dude is a beast. Pretty cool him saying he didn't want the kids 30% of the purse for missing weight.
  • Jiks
Diaz's punches seemed to lack power last night. He tagged him once or twice, but Silva never really seemed in any danger at all.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Silva's done, IMO. Ya he looked okay, but dude is 39, coming off a major injury and it sounded like he's contemplating retirement. Don't blame him. Wish he had started his career much earlier.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Silva's done, IMO. Ya he looked okay, but dude is 39, coming off a major injury and it sounded like he's contemplating retirement. Don't blame him. Wish he had started his career much earlier.

I think so also. The whole my son wants me to quit and I need to talk to my family deal...that means I'm old and I better retire. At least he went out with a win.
Both are a shells of their former selves.

Washed up more than a mop at Splash Mountain.

I see.... Bellator....in your future ,Diazesesesszses'.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I think so also. The whole my son wants me to quit and I need to talk to my family deal...that means I'm old and I better retire. At least he went out with a win.

Yeah. I think that will weigh heavy on his heart. He just wanted to feel that winning experience one more time.

Unless he was just rusty could you imagine him fighting Thales Leites tonight? The guy that he defeated 6 years ago when Leites did nothing but lay on his back all game?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Two counter fighters trying to fight.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Two counter fighters trying to fight.

Yup, on paper it's a great matchup but that is what happens when 2 guys both work off the counter.

Hopefully Nick takes another fight vs either loser of Lombard/Rory Mac or another fight at 185 vs Bisping. Matt Brown is the perfect opponent for Nick however he mentioned last year that he had no desire to fight him because he likes him.
missed the Silva/Diaz fight. is it worth it to even watch it?

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

lol
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AsianJeff:

meh. if u do watch, just ffw through the first round.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:

meh. if u do watch, just ffw through the first round.

Those Diaz taunts were the best part of the match. Dude layed down ,turned his back went all adrenal lol
  • evil
  • Veteran
Silva tested positive for roids in an out of competition test done on January 9th. Diaz apparently tested positive for weed in his post fight test.

More testing will be done on those samples to confirm tests were accurate.
Share 49ersWebzone