LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Rumble is the real deal!!!

If this isn't making a statement, I don't know what else more he could do. Bones Jones better fake an injury cause Rumble bout to clean his ass out!!!
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Thanks! Would have forgot. Rumble!

Man, always loved Rumble. Dude hits so f**king hard. He ran right through Guf last night.

Hendo looks like he is 70 years old. Just hang it up bruh. Great career. The Bader Davis fight was weak. They are the exact same fighter so it was boring.
lol @ thinking rumble gonna beat jon jones. yeah i get the "its the hardest one punch striker he has ever fought" remember the same stuff was being said about glover. dont see him landing a flush shot on jones. rumble also never been to the championship rounds. his only chance is via KO whereas jones can win in many more ways.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crabman82:
lol @ thinking rumble gonna beat jon jones. yeah i get the "its the hardest one punch striker he has ever fought" remember the same stuff was being said about glover. dont see him landing a flush shot on jones. rumble also never been to the championship rounds. his only chance is via KO whereas jones can win in many more ways.

Jones never finished Gustafsson the Rumble did. And it's not because Rumble just swings away, he figures out his range and is patient taking his shots, that's what makes him so dangerous.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Jones never finished Gustafsson the Rumble did. And it's not because Rumble just swings away, he figures out his range and is patient taking his shots, that's what makes him so dangerous.

Jones has a different reach that Gus and does a great job controlling distance, will make for a tougher time getting inside to land good clean shots. I do think Rumble is an honest challenger who has a very good shot to beat Jon but Jones is a fantastic fighter and has displayed a good chin to date.

So excited for this matchup.

and clay guida once beat anthony pettis. mma math doesnt quite work that way. IMO its more likely rumble falls into the category of rashad or DC in terms of really challenging jon jones. could he KO him if he landed cleanly? yeah probably. is it likely he gets that shot on jones? no i dont see it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

and clay guida once beat anthony pettis. mma math doesnt quite work that way. IMO its more likely rumble falls into the category of rashad or DC in terms of really challenging jon jones. could he KO him if he landed cleanly? yeah probably. is it likely he gets that shot on jones? no i dont see it.

I'm going by from what I was able to witness technical wise. Jones with all his might could not finish Gustafsson, it didn't take nothing but 2 minutes and 15 seconds for Johnson to finish him with a over-hand right it was all about closing the distance.

Btw you're comparing a Clay Guida decision which can happen to anyone to someone who actually finished his fight.

I'm going by from what I was able to witness technical wise. Jones with all his might could not finish Gustafsson, it didn't take nothing but 2 minutes and 15 seconds for Johnson to finish him with a over-hand right it was all about closing the distance.

Btw you're comparing a Clay Guida decision which can happen to anyone to someone who actually finished his fight.

I think Jones only chance at a win if he comes out and quickly KO's Rumble with a surprise offensive flurry.

It took Jones 4 rounds to stop Rampage Jackson who is a fists only brawler. Rumble is a bigger, faster, more explosive version of Rampage with leg kicks to boot.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
goddamnit! I watched all of the fights except for the johnson/gus fight cuz I had to leave. Set it to record. Come home to watch and it wont play! rebooted box and errthang.
I'm becoming more and more impressed with Rumble Johnson:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/24/7886485/anthony-johnson-jon-jones-screwed-up-tweet-alexander-gustafsson

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
Should have been stopped a bit earlier but rumble made his head snap back bad lol

Ref was giving Gus an every chance to recover kind of hometown advantage.

There was an accidental headbutt that Rumble hit Gus with that may have had a small effect but either way I am very excited for Rumble vs Bones. Heartbreaking loss for Gus and now we have no real challenger lined up behind AJ unless one believes Bader could beat JBJ lol.

Yea definitely gave him every chance. I think that the earlier fights played a part too. With all the talk about them being stopped a bit premature.

Guys still has to be a contender in my opinion. He got caught by a good hit and rumble took advantage. Same fight tomorrow could go in a completely different direction.
said it last year and i'll say it again....RUMBLE IS THE NEXT 205 CHAMP!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
said it last year and i'll say it again....RUMBLE IS THE NEXT 205 CHAMP!!!

After he walked through Gustafsson I think so too.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
I hope rumble beats the hell outta coke head
Originally posted by dmax:
I hope rumble beats the hell outta coke head

i wanna see a lot of hammer fists till the ref stops the fight kinda like this

Share 49ersWebzone