LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 360 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
oh, so they allow roids then. will watch.

that's what im assuming lol

Like Max Kellerman said about baseball,"Bring back roids!..SERIOUS!"
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Finally got a chance to watch the TUF finale. I came 3 times during the rhanda / jessica fight. Wedb after the fight.
Finally got a chance to watch the TUF finale. I came 3 times during the rhanda / jessica fight. Wedb after the fight.

good thing you dont ref, you might edb during the match
Originally posted by crabman82:

good thing you dont ref, you might edb during the match

until both fighters tapped
anyone keeping an eye on ONE FC? looks to be on the way up. guys are going for broke in fights. not a lot of "lay and pray". fighters looking for finishes. and.....SOCCER KICKS!

should've just kept pride.

soccer kicks are just plain stupid. doesn't involve any skill kicking somebody in the face while they are down, and probably the most dangerous thing you can do to somebody in a fight. that promotion is a POS>
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
anyone keeping an eye on ONE FC? looks to be on the way up. guys are going for broke in fights. not a lot of "lay and pray". fighters looking for finishes. and.....SOCCER KICKS!

soccer kicks are just plain stupid. doesn't involve any skill kicking somebody in the face while they are down, and probably the most dangerous thing you can do to somebody in a fight. that promotion is a POS>

lol wtf, soccer kicks are in the origins of mma. the goal of the fight is to win, and back then, especially in PRIDE, soccer kicks were finishers. face stomping was more dangerous, IMO

lol wtf, soccer kicks are in the origins of mma. the goal of the fight is to win, and back then, especially in PRIDE, soccer kicks were finishers. face stomping was more dangerous, IMO

there were a lot of other moves that were legal back then and are illegal now and for a good reason. you can easily leave somebody maimed or even worse, with a soccer kick, face stomps, or throwing somebody on their head.

i couldn't even imagine what would happen to somebody if someone like Cain would soccer kick them in the head...i guess some people would be okay with even groin shots, since goal of the fight is to win. hell, we should allow downward elbows in the eye socket as well.

there were a lot of other moves that were legal back then and are illegal now and for a good reason. you can easily leave somebody maimed or even worse, with a soccer kick, face stomps, or throwing somebody on their head.

i couldn't even imagine what would happen to somebody if someone like Cain would soccer kick them in the head...i guess some people would be okay with even groin shots, since goal of the fight is to win. hell, we should allow downward elbows in the eye socket as well.

ok i see what you're saying, and i can understand hair pulling, groin shots, biting, and face stomps being banned. soccer kicks and 12-6 elbows should be allowed IMO. headkicks can be just as devastating as soccer kicks (see Pete Williams v. Mark Coleman and Rumble vs. Brenneman)

As for elbows on the ground, i'd argue that dropping the point of your elbow clean on your opponent is vicious whether or not it comes from a 12-6 angle. it can come from 3-9 and still break an orbital bone or a nose plus open a deep cut.

[ Edited by AsianJeff on Dec 17, 2014 at 11:56 AM ]
I seen a dark match of Tito Ortiz before he was ever champ.It was in Europe and they allowed headbutts. I got the DVD somewheres. It was a grimey ass spot. Straight up Pit Fighting.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I seen a dark match of Tito Ortiz before he was ever champ.It was in Europe and they allowed headbutts. I got the DVD somewheres. It was a grimey ass spot. Straight up Pit Fighting.

with that head, tito was prolly unstoppable.

sounds like they're leaning towards hendricks-lawler 3 before giving rory a title shot. cant say i'm a huge fan of this right now because i think they're using up the trilogy too quickly. they did it at heavyweight too with cain and jds but that division can be pretty thin at times. not the same story at welterweight
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crabman82:
sounds like they're leaning towards hendricks-lawler 3 before giving rory a title shot. cant say i'm a huge fan of this right now because i think they're using up the trilogy too quickly. they did it at heavyweight too with cain and jds but that division can be pretty thin at times. not the same story at welterweight

agree. Especially since Lawler should've won their first matchup as well.
man, can you imagine if Lawler wins decisively via KO in the 3rd match? lawler's career could end up being like Ben Henderson, as a gatekeeper of the division.

put Rory against Condit
  • evil
  • Veteran
man, can you imagine if Lawler wins decisively via KO in the 3rd match? lawler's career could end up being like Ben Henderson, as a gatekeeper of the division.

put Rory against Condit

Can you imagine if it is another close fight like the first two ? Trilogy fight right now is a turrible idea. I doubt fans are pining to pay to see that fight once more at this very point. The first two were very good fights but were not great fights on the level of Shogun vs Hendo (1 & 2), Edgar vs Maynard (2 & 3) or Bones Jones vs Gus.
sounds like rampage is making his way back to the ufc
Share 49ersWebzone