LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by jimrat:
Brutal KO by Manhoef

That was a rabbit punch but he still looked like he overpowered the other dude. Atom bombs.

Lomenchecko vs Manhoef in the tourney finals.
Nice -- the Super Samoan KO'd Roy Nelson. They're saying by the play by play that it was a KO for the ages. Dang, wish I could have watched it!
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Sep 20, 2014 at 8:25 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
are there fights tonight or not!

No, it was all early Saturday morning. I think around 11pm last night the prelims just started.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

No, it was all early Saturday morning. I think around 11pm last night the prelims just started.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Hunt has been fighting for like 50 years now and still looks the same.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Hunt has been fighting for like 50 years now and still looks the same.

Truth right here!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Not to worry, Sept. 27th is a probably gonna be the card of the year so far:

Demetrious Johnson vs. Chris Cariaso - I'm hoping Cariaso KO's Johnson

Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor --- Conor McGregor stock rising fast

Dominick Cruz vs. Takeya Mizugaki --- Going with Mizugaki on this one, although this might be Cruz' stepping stone back in the Octagon

Amanda Nunes vs. Cat Zingano ---- Cat all the way, she's gonna destroy Nunes that will make her the true #1 contender, she's probably the only one I think that could come close to beating Rousey. Not to mention Cat is frickin HOT!!!!

In the Prelims:

Jon Tuck vs. Kevin Lee ---- My bias pick, I'm going with the Guamanian Jon Tuck!!!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Dominick Cruz vs. Takeya Mizugaki --- Going with Mizugaki on this one, although this might be Cruz' stepping stone back in the Octagon

Amanda Nunes vs. Cat Zingano ---- Cat all the way, she's gonna destroy Nunes that will make her the true #1 contender, she's probably the only one I think that could come close to beating Rousey. Not to mention Cat is frickin HOT!!!!

In the Prelims:

Jon Tuck vs. Kevin Lee ---- My bias pick, I'm going with the Guamanian Jon Tuck!!!
Just watched a doc on Netflix called fightville with Poirier, seemed like a good kid........hope he knocks out McGregor

In the Prelims:

the co-main of donald cerrone and eddie alvarez say hi

ko for the ages?

Bellators' MIDDLEWEIGHT Manhoef ko'd Mark Hunt at catchweight doe.

Might be roided out doe.
Yeah I spoke too soon after reading a play by play -- they said Hunt backed Roy up against the fence and landed a perfect right upper cut the sent Nelson crashing to the canvas face first. Looking at the replay -- it was more of a right cross that didn't seem to connect flush and Roy then kinda awkwardly hit the mat with his face trying to use his hands to brace his fall. Still pretty impressive considering Nelson hasn't been KO'd in ages. Though all that damage he's taken probably catching up to him.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Sep 20, 2014 at 1:27 PM ]
Yeah I spoke too soon after reading a play by play -- they said Hunt backed Roy up against the fence and landed a perfect right upper cut the sent Nelson crashing to the canvas face first. Looking at the replay -- it was more of a right cross that didn't seem to connect flush and Roy then kinda awkwardly hit the mat with his face trying to use his hands to brace his fall. Still pretty impressive considering Nelson hasn't been KO'd in ages. Though all that damage he's taken probably catching up to him.

Yup.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crabman82:

In the Prelims:

the co-main of donald cerrone and eddie alvarez say hi

LMFAO I knew I forgot something.

Donald Cerrone vs. Eddie Alvarez ---- Alvarez is facing the wrong guy to make a debut into the UFC with, Cerrone by decision.
Nice -- the Super Samoan KO'd Roy Nelson. They're saying by the play by play that it was a KO for the ages. Dang, wish I could have watched it!

Stann kept saying it was the first time Nelson has ever been KO'd.....WRONG. Arlovski is the first person to KO Nelson
Share 49ersWebzone