There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Yeah yeah yeah!
Oh and it would be icing on the cake if miesha fought the karate hottie on the co-main. Dana u listening - greatest PPV ever potential.
girls should have to fight in loose fitting bikinis.
mmmmm

excited for this rematch. big Aldo fan, but i hope Chad brings the title to California!

http://www.bjpenn.com/replay-jose-aldo-chad-mendez-almost-go-jonesdc-brawl-in-brazil/
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 32,948
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
excited for this rematch. big Aldo fan, but i hope Chad brings the title to California!

http://www.bjpenn.com/replay-jose-aldo-chad-mendez-almost-go-jonesdc-brawl-in-brazil/

Big fan of both of these fighters especially Team Alpha, and I'm with you LMJ I wanna see Mendez bring it home to Cali!!!!

IMO, I think Chad has to use his wrestling against Jose, standing with him is just not the way to go. Wrestling should gas out Aldo as we've seen before.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
excited for this rematch. big Aldo fan, but i hope Chad brings the title to California!

http://www.bjpenn.com/replay-jose-aldo-chad-mendez-almost-go-jonesdc-brawl-in-brazil/

Big fan of both of these fighters especially Team Alpha, and I'm with you LMJ I wanna see Mendez bring it home to Cali!!!!

IMO, I think Chad has to use his wrestling against Jose, standing with him is just not the way to go. Wrestling should gas out Aldo as we've seen before.

it's good to see Chad's standup improving, but I agree with you. Take the fight to the ground and tire Aldo out. Aldo's not known for his conditioning. Tire him out, win by GnP

get the two titles over to Team Alpha Male
lol barao-dillashaw fight is off
Dave Sholler ‏@Sholler_UFC 56s
Breaking @SportsCenter: Barao out of UFC 177 after feeling poorly during weight cut. Joe Soto steps into title fight vs. Dillashaw.




[ Edited by crabman82 on Aug 29, 2014 at 2:54 PM ]
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 27,965
Originally posted by crabman82:
lol barao-dillashaw fight is off
Dave Sholler ‏@Sholler_UFC 56s
Breaking @SportsCenter: Barao out of UFC 177 after feeling poorly during weight cut. Joe Soto steps into title fight vs. Dillashaw.





Apparently he fell lost conciousness and hit his head during weight cut.

WAR Soto because that would be an epic UFC debut, to go from originally scheduled to being the 2nd fight on the prelims to the main event and winning the title.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by crabman82:
lol barao-dillashaw fight is off
Dave Sholler ‏@Sholler_UFC 56s
Breaking @SportsCenter: Barao out of UFC 177 after feeling poorly during weight cut. Joe Soto steps into title fight vs. Dillashaw.




Apparently he fell lost conciousness and hit his head during weight cut.

WAR Soto because that would be an epic UFC debut, to go from originally scheduled to being the 2nd fight on the prelims to the main event and winning the title.

and a former bellator champ beating a ufc champ, dana would lose it
UFC 177 already featured one of the most maligned pay-per-view lineups in promotion history. That was before Renan Barao dropped out of his bantamweight title rematch against T.J. Dillashaw on Friday afternoon.

According to a report from the Brazilian outlet Combate, Barao passed out while cutting weight on Friday and was taken to a Sacramento hospital. Not surprisingly, the Brazilian did not show up for licensing or medicals with the California State Athletic Commission. A source close to the bout told Sherdog.com that Joe Soto will now get the 135-pound title shot against Dillashaw.

A little more than three weeks ago, Soto competed at Tachi Palace Fights 20, where he submittedTerrion Ware with a north-south choke in the third round. After the bout, the Californian lobbied for a shot in the Octagon.

His wish was granted less than a week later, as he was paired with Anthony Birchak in a preliminary bout at UFC 177. With Soto's plans changing, Birchak will not compete on Saturday night. A five-time Bellator veteran, Soto enters his matchup with Dillashaw on a six-fight winning streak.

Dillashaw upset Barao at UFC 173 to capture the bantamweight strap. The Team Alpha Malestandout is 6-2 in the Octagon, with his only losses coming at the hands of Raphael Assuncao andJohn Dodson.

Surprised Dana's ego is even allowing it.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 370
Originally posted by 5280High:
UFC 177 already featured one of the most maligned pay-per-view lineups in promotion history. That was before Renan Barao dropped out of his bantamweight title rematch against T.J. Dillashaw on Friday afternoon.

According to a report from the Brazilian outlet Combate, Barao passed out while cutting weight on Friday and was taken to a Sacramento hospital. Not surprisingly, the Brazilian did not show up for licensing or medicals with the California State Athletic Commission. A source close to the bout told Sherdog.com that Joe Soto will now get the 135-pound title shot against Dillashaw.

A little more than three weeks ago, Soto competed at Tachi Palace Fights 20, where he submittedTerrion Ware with a north-south choke in the third round. After the bout, the Californian lobbied for a shot in the Octagon.

His wish was granted less than a week later, as he was paired with Anthony Birchak in a preliminary bout at UFC 177. With Soto's plans changing, Birchak will not compete on Saturday night. A five-time Bellator veteran, Soto enters his matchup with Dillashaw on a six-fight winning streak.

Dillashaw upset Barao at UFC 173 to capture the bantamweight strap. The Team Alpha Malestandout is 6-2 in the Octagon, with his only losses coming at the hands of Raphael Assuncao andJohn Dodson.

Surprised Dana's ego is even allowing it.

He has no choice, what a crappy year with injuries and just weird stuff going on for the ufc
well that turned out better than i'm sure most expected. decent fight. Still should've been free tho.
  • titan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,865
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Ben Saunders with the first ever submission win via omoplata


Wow... Im a fan of Saunders but part of me thinks anyone that gets subbed like that has no business in the ring in the first place.

For Real! I wonder if someone could submit him in a full nelson! WWF style.Lol
Originally posted by titan:
For Real! I wonder if someone could submit him in a full nelson! WWF style.Lol

stone cold stunner