There are 225 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Ben Saunders with the first ever submission win via omoplata

Wow... Im a fan of Saunders but part of me thinks anyone that gets subbed like that has no business in the ring in the first place.

Was Joe Rogan there?
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I don't know. Benson looked pretty rattled way after the stoppage -- his eyes were still glazed and he was definitely out for a second or two. Man, Dos Anjos, haven't watched him fight lately, but he's a on a tear and his stand up looked legit. Every time I see his name I think of the time when he was viciously KO"d by the "Popeye uppercut" by Jeremy Stephens. Damn that was in 2008.

I think RDA would have continued hitting Ben anyways, but give him a chance to do something and then jump in.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

Wow... Im a fan of Saunders but part of me thinks anyone that gets subbed like that has no business in the ring in the first place.

Was Joe Rogan there?

no lol. he fkn missed it.
couldn't even recognize Cung after that fight.

Woodley lookin like a beast once more!

poor Benson...that fight was going in an awesome pace before he got caught. props to RDA
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Was Joe Rogan there?

no lol. he fkn missed it.
He must be on suicide watch.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ronda-rousey-gina-carano-one-125646670.html;_ylt=AwrTHRv2ivtTrSkA2aNXNyoA

I think Gina is the worst style match up for me, actually. One of the reasons why I've been so excited to fight her, was because she has that feeling of distance, and that feeling of timing, and mobility to put those touches in her punches where she has that one-punch knockout power. There's a lot of other girls that they're strong, but they don't have that feeling. So they overwhelm people and they only get TKOs. There's none of that one-punch knockout power, and that's the kind of thing that you don't lose. It's that kind of thing that stays with you even if you take time off. I think styles do make fights, and style wise, Gina is the absolute worst match up for me. That's why I've been wanting to fight her for a while, because she could be one of my biggest challenges. She's been the one insisting on fighting at 135, so yeah, I would love to fight her at 135. I prefer that, definitely. I feel like there's where I'm at my athletic peak. I walk into the Octagon around 148, and I usually walk around at 150."
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i love when rousey tries to act not gay.
i just wanna see Gina Carano and Ronda Rousey in the ring together

Yeah yeah yeah!
Oh and it would be icing on the cake if miesha fought the karate hottie on the co-main. Dana u listening - greatest PPV ever potential.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
girls should have to fight in loose fitting bikinis.
mmmmm

excited for this rematch. big Aldo fan, but i hope Chad brings the title to California!

http://www.bjpenn.com/replay-jose-aldo-chad-mendez-almost-go-jonesdc-brawl-in-brazil/
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
excited for this rematch. big Aldo fan, but i hope Chad brings the title to California!

http://www.bjpenn.com/replay-jose-aldo-chad-mendez-almost-go-jonesdc-brawl-in-brazil/

Big fan of both of these fighters especially Team Alpha, and I'm with you LMJ I wanna see Mendez bring it home to Cali!!!!

IMO, I think Chad has to use his wrestling against Jose, standing with him is just not the way to go. Wrestling should gas out Aldo as we've seen before.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

Big fan of both of these fighters especially Team Alpha, and I'm with you LMJ I wanna see Mendez bring it home to Cali!!!!

IMO, I think Chad has to use his wrestling against Jose, standing with him is just not the way to go. Wrestling should gas out Aldo as we've seen before.

it's good to see Chad's standup improving, but I agree with you. Take the fight to the ground and tire Aldo out. Aldo's not known for his conditioning. Tire him out, win by GnP

get the two titles over to Team Alpha Male
Share 49ersWebzone