There are 360 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
ok, but how is that all comparable to what was initially said?

Ronda has dominated 135 and Cyborg, a known steroid user that just got dominated in a kickboxing bout, would rather sign with Tito Ortiz than the UFC.

Actually she lost a muay thai fight against a multiple champ. I was impressed at how she kept taking those knees and never stop coming forward. If that was a mma fight cyborg easily wins. Yes she got popped for roids but shes still the biggest fight rhonda and the ufc can make. No other women fighter is going to bring the hype she can except for gina but that 5 year layoff makes the fight a gimmick pride fight.
Originally posted by FaTaL:

Ronda has dominated 135 and Cyborg, a known steroid user that just got dominated in a kickboxing bout, would rather sign with Tito Ortiz than the UFC.

Actually she lost a muay thai fight against a multiple champ. I was impressed at how she kept taking those knees and never stop coming forward. If that was a mma fight cyborg easily wins. Yes she got popped for roids but shes still the biggest fight rhonda and the ufc can make. No other women fighter is going to bring the hype she can except for gina but that 5 year layoff makes the fight a gimmick pride fight.

no shame in losing to jorina baars. she is legit as they come at striking. also you only gotta watch cybrog-carano fight to realize who the real fight to make for ronda is.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Aug 12, 2014 at 11:15 AM ]
Originally posted by FaTaL:

i agree on the gimmick fight, and i don't know if Gina's has done any training since she's stepped away from competing, but she's a legit muay thai fighter, and possibly the toughest stand up fighter Ronda would have faced, unless Cyborg signed a deal.

Cyborg did way too much back peddling, first saying she wouldn't drop to 135. then signing with Tito. then saying she'd drop to 135. then getting popped for PEDs.
rumors starting to fly that dog the bounty hunter already caught war machine
Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 1m
I suggest tuning into America's Pregame on FOX Sports 1 at 6 pm ET. Some pretty important UFC-related news will be announced.

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 1m
… and it ain't the happy kind.
sounds like it might be jon jones out of the dc fight

Jeremy Botter ‏@jeremybotter 2m
Jon Jones is out of UFC 178, I'm told, and the fight will be moved to Jan. 3 show.

[ Edited by crabman82 on Aug 12, 2014 at 2:55 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
January?!?
Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 3m
As a result, Johnson vs. Cariaso for the UFC flyweight title has been moved from UFC 177 to UFC 178 — http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/12/5996465/jon-jones-injures-ankle-daniel-cormier-fight-moved-to-jan-3

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Originally posted by jrg:
January?!?

just be happy its been re-scheduled. a lot of times when a guy gets hurt a replacement fills in or the fight gets scrapped all together, and sometimes that fight you wanted to see never ends up happening.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 3m
As a result, Johnson vs. Cariaso for the UFC flyweight title has been moved from UFC 177 to UFC 178 — http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/12/5996465/jon-jones-injures-ankle-daniel-cormier-fight-moved-to-jan-3

same he pulled on his last fight. maybe it his excuse to study daniel cormier more .

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
January?!?

just be happy its been re-scheduled. a lot of times when a guy gets hurt a replacement fills in or the fight gets scrapped all together, and sometimes that fight you wanted to see never ends up happening.

true.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
How disappointing, this injury bug is just killing mma

haha you've got be kidding
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

haha you've got be kidding

i think those rumors were false though as i've seen stuff since saying he doesnt have him
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
when's the next event?
Share 49ersWebzone