LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

[ Edited by crabman82 on Aug 8, 2014 at 12:43 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

daaaamn. i hope it's a war between these two. jones really does seem like an a*****e, but i guess he can do whatever he wants since he's pretty much dominated at 205. rooting for the SJ fighter in DC, but i can see Jones making a statement and brutalizing him
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

daaaamn. i hope it's a war between these two. jones really does seem like an a*****e, but i guess he can do whatever he wants since he's pretty much dominated at 205. rooting for the SJ fighter in DC, but i can see Jones making a statement and brutalizing him

What was this? Video has been removed.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/8/5983831/jon-jones-daniel-cormier-have-vicious-off-air-exchange-before-espn
  • jrg
  • Veteran
damn. jones/cormier

can't wait
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/8/5983831/jon-jones-daniel-cormier-have-vicious-off-air-exchange-before-espn

Holy dang. DC does have a point though, JJ looks like a scumbag.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
I actually hope he does become REALLY money hungry and truly makes Dana pay out more than he does. I only say that because I know that will pave the way for current and future fighters to earn more money and be taken care of better. Also, by giving guys better pay, you will bring in better talent. There's a reason why everybody wants to play in the NFL, NBA, etc. I don't think UFC is in a league of its own yet, they still have competition out there.

I don't think Jones would pave the way for others. He'll get more money (higher base salary + increase on PPV cut) because he is the champ but I doubt it would result in a trickle down effect for the lower level fighters.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
I don't think Jones would pave the way for others. He'll get more money (higher base salary + increase on PPV cut) because he is the champ but I doubt it would result in a trickle down effect for the lower level fighters.

it will be just like the wwe

top level guys get paid and the lower tier guys get nothing
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Jiu-Jitsu fans, anyone watch todays Metamoris - No points - submission only??

My predictions:

Chael Sonnen vs. Andre Galvao ------ I gotta say Galvao with ease

Eddie Bravo vs. Leo Viera 2 --------- Eddie Bravo with the revenge via electric chair!!!! (supposedly secret match)

Dean Lister vs. Josh Barnett -------- Dean Lister via knee bar

Gary Tonon vs. Kit Dale ------ Gary Tonon via RNC

Keenan Cornelius vs. Vinny Magalhaes -------- I gotta go with my boy from Hawaii, Keenan Cornelius from Team Atos via Triangle Choke

Saulo Ribeiro vs. Rodrigo Medeiros -------- Rodrigo Medeiros via baseball choke

Kron Gracie was suppose to roll in this one, WTF happen. Was suppose to be Kron vs. Ben Henderson......btw Kron easily would take that match.

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Jon Jones is a f**king nut man, I'm pullin for Cormier
Originally posted by Kolohe:

My predictions:

Eddie Bravo vs. Leo Viera 2 --------- Eddie Bravo with the revenge via electric chair!!!! (supposedly secret match)

Keenan Cornelius vs. Vinny Magalhaes -------- I gotta go with my boy from Hawaii, Keenan Cornelius from Team Atos via Triangle Choke

Kron Gracie was suppose to roll in this one, WTF happen. Was suppose to be Kron vs. Ben Henderson......btw Kron easily would take that match.

cant speak to gracie and why he isnt competing but bendo has a fight in 2 weeks thats probably why he is not there.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran

My predictions:

how much do the winners get?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

My predictions:

cant speak to gracie and why he isnt competing but bendo has a fight in 2 weeks thats probably why he is not there.

You're most likely right about Bendo I forgot about that. Kron I would think take another match , I didn't hear of him being injured or anything that sucks.
anyone hear the drama this weekend concerning former UFC fighter and current Bellator fighter, WarMachine?

apparently, the dude went full Ray Rice and brutally beat his gf, popular pronstar, Christy Mack. he also beat up some other dude.

now, there's a manhunt for him.
Share 49ersWebzone