There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

lolz
lots of UFC fighters not happy with the brawl, including the FUTURE 205 champ, Anthony Johnson.

Matt Hughes also not happy with it
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 28,588
Cormier throwing his shoe at Jones




Definitely shat himself :

lmao at his face
Cormier had that serious armpit sweat stain goin
So who do you think will pull it off? How the heck does Cormier breach the reach of Jones? Cormier has had his way with much bigger men (Mir, Silva, and Barnett) so he's used to this type of discrepancy. Jones is going to unleash a barrage of strikes from everywhere and every which way as I highly doubt he'll want to grapple with an Olympic wrestling caliber opponent, but who knows, remember Jones likes to defeat guys at their own game. I think a couple will tag Cormier, daze him, and that will be it. Jones by TKO in the fourth.

But I'm rooting for a DC win.
it'd be nice if DC wins, but i see Jones whoopin him good. TKO in the 2nd
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 28,588
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
So who do you think will pull it off? How the heck does Cormier breach the reach of Jones? Cormier has had his way with much bigger men (Mir, Silva, and Barnett) so he's used to this type of discrepancy. Jones is going to unleash a barrage of strikes from everywhere and every which way as I highly doubt he'll want to grapple with an Olympic wrestling caliber opponent, but who knows, remember Jones likes to defeat guys at their own game. I think a couple will tag Cormier, daze him, and that will be it. Jones by TKO in the fourth.

But I'm rooting for a DC win.

2 things I am excited to see play out ?

-How DC handles Jones if and when he gets him on his back, can he keep him down and can he maintain top control. Can he keep from getting caught in a triangle or armbar ? Don't think he has ever faced anyone with limbs as long as Jon's.

-Can DC get up off his back if Jones takes him down (or reverses/sweeps to top control).

Standing I expect DC to pressure Jon to not allow Bones the ability to pick him apart. But he needs to be careful to not gas himself, hopefully he puts in a ton of work on his cardio.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
it'd be nice if DC wins, but i see Jones whoopin him good. TKO in the 2nd

I don't see that happening. The only guys he has beaten early since getting to the top are the guys who can't wrestle. Since he has been fighting 5 round fights he has only stopped Machida before the 3rd. Sonnen doesn't count cause he never should have been in there in the first place. If Jones wins I think it will be a decision.
Title defenses:

Anderson Silva: 10
GSP: 9
Bones Jones: 8

I can see him transitioning to HW if he breaks Silva's record with 11.
Originally posted by tallglassofwater007:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
it'd be nice if DC wins, but i see Jones whoopin him good. TKO in the 2nd

I don't see that happening. The only guys he has beaten early since getting to the top are the guys who can't wrestle. Since he has been fighting 5 round fights he has only stopped Machida before the 3rd. Sonnen doesn't count cause he never should have been in there in the first place. If Jones wins I think it will be a decision.

could be possible, but i still don't think this is Jones' biggest challenge yet. Cormier is good, and he's definitely proved it, but i just don't know how he'll fair with someone as tall and long as Jones. if Jones establishes that low kick to the thigh/knee, it might have DC thinking twice about a take down.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 28,588
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Title defenses:

Anderson Silva: 10
GSP: 9
Bones Jones: 8

I can see him transitioning to HW if he breaks Silva's record with 11.

He has been much more reluctant to give straightforward answers on a move up to HW as of late. And he has mentioned retiring at 30 (thus before the weight cutting gets too tough as his body ages).
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Title defenses:

Anderson Silva: 10
GSP: 9
Bones Jones: 8

I can see him transitioning to HW if he breaks Silva's record with 11.

He has been much more reluctant to give straightforward answers on a move up to HW as of late. And he has mentioned retiring at 30 (thus before the weight cutting gets too tough as his body ages).

money talks. dana white gonna make Bones the highest paid MMA fighter in the universe
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
money talks. dana white gonna make Bones the highest paid MMA fighter in the universe

and even then, mayweather makes more in one round than jones will in a year.