LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by crabman82:
yeah while i agree its a big leap, i get the feeling bendo isnt loved by dana and they're going to use him as a stepping stone to potentially create new stars by making a name off of his name. thats why i see jury as a potential fight after dos anjos.

I agree about Bendo, think that Dana doesn't like his style in the cage, he grinds guys out but rarely seems to finish. Jury is someone Dana seems to like quite a bit and I can see him being protected from matchups with grinders like Bendo, instead being given someone like Barboza or even Cerrone.

i think you guys might be selling Smooth a little short. he isn't as aggressive as a Cerrone or Pettis, but he does jump on opportunities in the cage. he's a defensive fighter and a great wrestler.

i think a big reason why he has so many decisions in the UFC is because of the level of competition. guys like Edgar, Melendez, Diaz, Guida, Miller all have great heart and have not been finished often
looks like it's official!!

Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz on January 31st
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

5 rounds to boot. FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP.
  • evil
  • Veteran
i think you guys might be selling Smooth a little short. he isn't as aggressive as a Cerrone or Pettis, but he does jump on opportunities in the cage. he's a defensive fighter and a great wrestler.

i think a big reason why he has so many decisions in the UFC is because of the level of competition. guys like Edgar, Melendez, Diaz, Guida, Miller all have great heart and have not been finished often

He is a tremendous fighter and seemingly could beat everyone in the division on any given night, but his style is rather boring.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

Pumped about this!!
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by crabman82:
yeah while i agree its a big leap, i get the feeling bendo isnt loved by dana and they're going to use him as a stepping stone to potentially create new stars by making a name off of his name. thats why i see jury as a potential fight after dos anjos.

I agree about Bendo, think that Dana doesn't like his style in the cage, he grinds guys out but rarely seems to finish. Jury is someone Dana seems to like quite a bit and I can see him being protected from matchups with grinders like Bendo, instead being given someone like Barboza or even Cerrone.

bendo is my guy, my fav fighter in the game, i just feel dana doesnt like him. to me he is the best 155'er in the game and 1 guy just has his number. pettis is GREAT but doesnt have bendos durability to keep up a hectic schedule that the #1 fighter demands.
Originally posted by jimrat:

Pumped about this!!

Will da Spidah throw any leg kicks? That is the question to ask. Then again he fancies himself as a legit boxer. Remember his attempt to box Roy Jones Jr.? And boxing of course is a huge part of Nick's game.
lol FAIL

UFC ~"We were made aware that newly-signed UFC competitor Joe Riggs was involved in an unfortunate accident last night. While cleaning his permitted firearm (a pistol), the gun discharged, injuring his hand and upper thigh. Riggs was transported to a nearby hospital in Arizona where he is being treated by physicians. We wish Joe a speedy recovery."

Wtf -- I've never owned a gun but I do know one of the main rules -- make sure yo gun is empty before you clean it.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by jimrat:

Pumped about this!!

Will da Spidah throw any leg kicks? That is the question to ask. Then again he fancies himself as a legit boxer. Remember his attempt to box Roy Jones Jr.? And boxing of course is a huge part of Nick's game.

i can see Silva throwing leg kicks just to prove to everyone that he's back and healthy.

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Wtf -- I've never owned a gun but I do know one of the main rules -- make sure yo gun is empty before you clean it.

yup, riggs is a moron
michelle waterson

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Karate Hottie!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I'm gonna LMFAO if Nick Diaz wins!!!

Frickin awesome news though, much mahalos Jeff!!!
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm gonna LMFAO if Nick Diaz wins!!!

Frickin awesome news though, much mahalos Jeff!!!

I wouldn't count Nick out because Anderson is nearly 40 years old, and he may actually be on the decline.

In other news looks like Eddie Alvarez vs Donald Cerrone might happen at UFC 178. Strong rumors swirling that the UFC are trying to buy out the contract and Scott Coker is willing to let it happen kinda like with Jake Shields. Eddie has 1 fight left on his current deal and Coker convincing the higher ups that it would be bad for business if he finished out deal and left as Champion. They also see it as sending a strong message to any and all fighters that under Coker they are a fighter friendly organization.

Please MMA gods let this fight happen. Jones/DC + Conor/Poirier + Cerrone/Alvarez would be a fantastic card too.
michelle waterson

Some nice ass shots especially at :30 :)

Damn, 105lb division!, oh and she armbarred the other chick to a win.

• jimrat
  • Veteran
I remember first seeing her on Bully Beatdown

Share 49ersWebzone