There are 142 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
all the trash talking worked for both sides. Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier, UFC 178, Sept 27

finally the top tier challenge conor mcgregor needs to validate himself. i like his schtick but beating up unranked guys wasnt cutting it for me.

UFC did the right thing, got his feet wet before throwing him into the deep end. This is a great matchup and 178 shaping up nicely with this + Gus vs Jones 2 and the return of Cruz.

FYI to Chaz UFC on Fox Saturday night with Lawler vs Brown & Lil Nog vs Rumble. Prelims are on FOX (not FS1) before the main card.

i felt his last fight originally vs cole miller should have been vs a top5-7 rated guy at 145. the brandao fight was cute but we all knew how it would end. they've hyped him up a lot and i felt a 3rd fight in a row vs a unnranked guy was a bit much. he came to the ufc as a dual 145/155 champ from cage warriors. as for saturday lets not forget josh thomson vs bobby green.

From one perspective I can see what your saying and agree with the sentiment. But from another, look at how hyped up he is right now, they have made him look like a star without putting him in any risky situations. If he beats Poirier he is probably one fight away from a title shot and I doubt he faces Edgar or a high level wrestler before a title fight. He'll get a somewhat favorable matchup...if he wins the title they won't be able to protect him as well though. He may end up being the first actual draw they have under 155 lbs.

For a promotion in need of creating new stars to replace the old guard (GSP, Anderson, Lesnar etc) they have done well with Conor to date.
UFC did the right thing, got his feet wet before throwing him into the deep end. This is a great matchup and 178 shaping up nicely with this + Gus vs Jones 2 and the return of Cruz.

FYI to Chaz UFC on Fox Saturday night with Lawler vs Brown & Lil Nog vs Rumble. Prelims are on FOX (not FS1) before the main card.

so pumped for UFC on FOX. bummed that i won't be able to attend. Lawler is one of my favorite fighters, too
  • evil
  • Veteran
so pumped for UFC on FOX. bummed that i won't be able to attend. Lawler is one of my favorite fighters, too

Love Lawler but I hope Brown wins.
MMAFighting.com ‏@MMAFighting 40s
Vitor Belfort is unanimously granted his license by the #nsac

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 59s
Belfort is good to go. Motion passed to license him.

match with Weidman could be December

match with Weidman could be December

yeah the early target is the same card with pettis/melendez
  • evil
  • Veteran
Gus tore his meniscus and is out of UFC 178. Cormier vs Jones is the new main event.

Excited for that fight but really wanted Gus vs Jones 2 first.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Gus tore his meniscus and is out of UFC 178. Cormier vs Jones is the new main event.

http://www.bjpenn.com/jon-jones-and-daniel-cormier-engage-in-twitter-beef/

nick diaz just signed a new contract. lots of rumours about him and anderson silva in feb

• evil
  • Veteran
nick diaz just signed a new contract. lots of rumours about him and anderson silva in feb

The rumors have been around for weeks now. Probably going to happen as it's a big money fight that practically sells itself. The only hangup could be whether it's at 185 or a catchweight both can agree on.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

The rumors have been around for weeks now. Probably going to happen as it's a big money fight that practically sells itself. The only hangup could be whether it's at 185 or a catchweight both can agree on.

Nick could easily make 185 with no problem. Gonna be a fight to see, but I think Anderson rebounds on this one.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Nick could easily make 185 with no problem. Gonna be a fight to see, but I think Anderson rebounds on this one.

No questions about him making 185 given he normally fights at 170. He fought Shamrock at a catchweight of 179, Scott Smith at 180 and only agreed to fight Mayhem at a cw of 181 (Mayhem orig. proposed 183) though that fight never happened.
matt brown missed weight (172.5) and has an hour to make weight
  • evil
  • Veteran
matt brown missed weight (172.5) and has an hour to make weight

Update

Brown was given two hours to cut an additional 1.5 pounds to avoid losing 20 percent of his purse to Lawler, and planned on cutting the additional weight. But he was told by the California State Athletic Commission he would not be allowed to cut any more.

That led to a discussion between UFC President Dana White and the CSAC, in which White argued that Brown shouldn't be subject to a 20 percent fine if he was willing to cut the weight, but wasn't allowed to by the commission. Ten percent was to go to Lawler, and another 10 percent to the CSAC. White won out.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Jul 25, 2014 at 6:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone