There are 225 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Dave Doyle ‏@davedoylemma 2m
Anthony Pettis on MMA Hour says his title fight against Gilbert Melendez is on Dec. 6 in Las Vegas.

fuu i'll be is Disneyland that day!

dont worry there a great chance pettis gets hurt and has the fight pushed back until next june
Anthony Pettis on MMA Hour says his title fight against Gilbert Melendez is on Dec. 6 in Las Vegas.

dont worry there a great chance pettis gets hurt and has the fight pushed back until next june

there should be vegas odds for that lol
  • evil
  • Veteran

If he gets hurt they will have to have an interim title. Let's just hope Bendo is not chosen as the replacement.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

If he gets hurt they will have to have an interim title. Let's just hope Bendo is not chosen as the replacement.

love it or hate it benson henderson is the 2nd best lightweight out there. yeah pettis has his number but nobody else does.

i actually think Benson deserves it. dude is always willing to fight anyone

i actually think Benson deserves it. dude is always willing to fight anyone

he is going to have 4 fights before pettis defends the belt once
  • evil
  • Veteran
Benson is definitely a great fighter and deserving of his ranking but his fights are zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I'd prefer if Cerrone got the shot if Pettis pulls out...he also fights anyone and everyone and already beat 3 fools this year and it could be 4 by the time December rolls around. Maybe they should just go ahead and book Cerrone vs Benson at UFC 178 with the winner being the back up plan for Pettis.

That said, let's hope Pettis does not pull out. Pettis vs Gil is a great matchup.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Jul 21, 2014 at 2:33 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

Benson is definitely a great fighter and deserving of his ranking but his fights are zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I'd prefer if Cerrone got the shot if Pettis pulls out...he also fights anyone and everyone and already beat 3 fools this year and it could be 4 by the time December rolls around. Maybe they should just go ahead and book Cerrone vs Benson at UFC 178 with the winner being the back up plan for Pettis.

That said, let's hope Pettis does not pull out. Pettis vs Gil is a great matchup.

benson is already booked for aug 23 against dos anjos. doubt he would take a fight a month later. if josh thomson wins on saturday thats a fight i could see for cerrone. he needs a win over a top 5 guy before he gets a title shot.
  • evil
  • Veteran

benson is already booked for aug 23 against dos anjos. doubt he would take a fight a month later. if josh thomson wins on saturday thats a fight i could see for cerrone. he needs a win over a top 5 guy before he gets a title shot.

Gahhh didnt know about Bendo vs RDA. But Cerrone vs Thomson would be fireworks with the end result being someone getting KTFO.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Melendez is gonna get worked. I'm gonna say that Pettis uses his Taekwondo to keep the distance, mix it up and wear down Meledez. Melendez is the type that if he figures out his range, he will unload on you with a killer instinct. I think Pettis is too smart for that, just as he knew how much Henderson wanted revenge against him badly, but nope, that arm bar was there and he just took it.
all the trash talking worked for both sides. Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier, UFC 178, Sept 27
all the trash talking worked for both sides. Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier, UFC 178, Sept 27

finally the top tier challenge conor mcgregor needs to validate himself. i like his schtick but beating up unranked guys wasnt cutting it for me.
  • evil
  • Veteran

finally the top tier challenge conor mcgregor needs to validate himself. i like his schtick but beating up unranked guys wasnt cutting it for me.

UFC did the right thing, got his feet wet before throwing him into the deep end. This is a great matchup and 178 shaping up nicely with this + Gus vs Jones 2 and the return of Cruz.

FYI to Chaz UFC on Fox Saturday night with Lawler vs Brown & Lil Nog vs Rumble. Prelims are on FOX (not FS1) before the main card.

UFC did the right thing, got his feet wet before throwing him into the deep end. This is a great matchup and 178 shaping up nicely with this + Gus vs Jones 2 and the return of Cruz.

FYI to Chaz UFC on Fox Saturday night with Lawler vs Brown & Lil Nog vs Rumble. Prelims are on FOX (not FS1) before the main card.

i felt his last fight originally vs cole miller should have been vs a top5-7 rated guy at 145. the brandao fight was cute but we all knew how it would end. they've hyped him up a lot and i felt a 3rd fight in a row vs a unnranked guy was a bit much. he came to the ufc as a dual 145/155 champ from cage warriors. as for saturday lets not forget josh thomson vs bobby green.
Share 49ersWebzone