LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Watched the fight in Dillashaw's hometown with a bunch of people that know him. I know his fiance. One of the guys was his HS freshman basketball coach, who cut him off the team that year...probably did him a favor in the end. At that time, he was super tiny, but tough as nails, and eventually became a great HS wrestler at the lower weights.
Originally posted by Murphys1:
Watched the fight in Dillashaw's hometown with a bunch of people that know him. I know his fiance. One of the guys was his HS freshman basketball coach, who cut him off the team that year...probably did him a favor in the end. At that time, he was super tiny, but tough as nails, and eventually became a great HS wrestler at the lower weights.

Thats funny . I watched the fight with a bunch of our friends who are Angels Camp hillbillies who are friends with his family. You probably know them since everyone up there apparently knows eachother
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
gawd damn! dillashaw whooped that ass!!

felt bad for Hedo. dude needs to just retire or drop weight classes. Cormier looked 50 lbs heavier than henderson. didn't look fair.

Hendo weighed in at 199(didnt even cut weight), whereas DC easily had 20-25 pounds on him on fight night. Those slams DC put on him were awesome!

Originally posted by Knowledge:
anyone got a link to the Dillashaw fight?

Check MMAShare.

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
His footwork and boxing was stellar...well everything was stellar, but his footwork and jab really caught my eye. . He was so freaking quick.

He straight stole Dominic Cruz's footwork. But it worked, and the rematch when it happens should be a better fight (not so one sided).

Hopefully DC takes another fight (Rumble when Lil Nog pulls out) and we get Lawler vs Brown on the next FOX card.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on May 25, 2014 at 6:38 PM ]
  • Jiks
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Check MMAShare.

Whoa, cool site! Not the one who asked, but didn't know this existed.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Renzo Gracie getting charged for gang assault after beating up a bouncer. Apparently, they got into a scuffle with some bouncers, he took one to the ground, mounted him, broke his arm then put him in a fckin guillotine.

That doesn't surprise me, Renzo has always been the most punchy one out of all the Gracie's. There's a interview on Youtube on how Relson Gracie had to back him up in a fight.

mmm, id say renzo is the second most punchy. first would go to the gracie that fought in pride a couple times with a big cross tattoo on his back who died of a drug od. name isnt coming back to me yet.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kujon11:
mmm, id say renzo is the second most punchy. first would go to the gracie that fought in pride a couple times with a big cross tattoo on his back who died of a drug od. name isnt coming back to me yet.

Ryan Gracie. Pronounced "Hyan"

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Whoa, cool site! Not the one who asked, but didn't know this existed.

There are probably better sites out there but that works too

Not sure if anyone watched any of UFC's new BTS fight week web series but Dan Henderson trolled DC pre fight (starts at 2:25)

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KRS-1:
There are probably better sites out there but that works too

Not sure if anyone watched any of UFC's new BTS fight week web series but Dan Henderson trolled DC pre fight (starts at 2:25)

was wondering what the hell he was talking about after the fight with that chicken comment. Thought he was just being racist.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Renzo Gracie getting charged for gang assault after beating up a bouncer. Apparently, they got into a scuffle with some bouncers, he took one to the ground, mounted him, broke his arm then put him in a fckin guillotine.

The Gracie's are a bunch of dirtbags.

No they aren't they are some of the most coolest guys ever if you met them. Master Relson is funny as hell, when he first came to Hawaii (where he now lives) all he wanted to do was party. Back in the 90's he would hold a class of 10 guys and charge them as a whole for $80. Rener and Kron (son of Rickson) Gracie also comes to Hawaii to train and give seminars. Royler is one of the most humble guys you could meet, give him a drink made out of watermelon and he'll be your best friend lol.

Meh. I get tired of the whole " how dare you say anything negative about me and my family or our Jiu Jitsu so now I'm going to fight you" mentality, when in reality no one is saying anything negative. And just their overall view that their way is the only and best way, when really the sport has evolved and passed them by. Gracie Jiu Jitsu is not the end all be all . But along the lines of what you said, a buddy of mine met Royce outside their hotel in San Jose one night. Said he was so hammered, but did say he was really cool.

Nah, I'm just stating that they (Gracie's) aren't ALL punks. I thought it was a dick move for Royce to go up to Eddie Bravo this past Metamoris and call him out cause someone TOLD him Bravo was talking s**t about his family, when Bravo has stated many times how he respects the Gracie's. Btw I thought Royler tapped on that Vaporizer. And yes Gracie JJ is not the end all be all, I'm a big fan of a lot of advocates of JJ, Rafael Mendes, Marcelo Garcia, Andre Galvao, Leo Viera, Eddie Bravo/Jean Jacques Machado-Red belt under Rickson Gracie and Dean Lister (one of the best at knee bars) to name a few.

For all you BJJ fans Metamoris is a MUST SEE!!! Rumor is Eddie Bravo vs Leo Viera 2. Metamoris is set up the almost the same way the UFC is, the best in the world in BJJ meet....frickin awesome IMO I've watched 2 and 3 and I can't wait for #4.

The Gracie's are a bunch of dirtbags.

No they aren't they are some of the most coolest guys ever if you met them. Master Relson is funny as hell, when he first came to Hawaii (where he now lives) all he wanted to do was party. Back in the 90's he would hold a class of 10 guys and charge them as a whole for $80. Rener and Kron (son of Rickson) Gracie also comes to Hawaii to train and give seminars. Royler is one of the most humble guys you could meet, give him a drink made out of watermelon and he'll be your best friend lol.

Meh. I get tired of the whole " how dare you say anything negative about me and my family or our Jiu Jitsu so now I'm going to fight you" mentality, when in reality no one is saying anything negative. And just their overall view that their way is the only and best way, when really the sport has evolved and passed them by. Gracie Jiu Jitsu is not the end all be all . But along the lines of what you said, a buddy of mine met Royce outside their hotel in San Jose one night. Said he was so hammered, but did say he was really cool.

Nah, I'm just stating that they (Gracie's) aren't ALL punks. I thought it was a dick move for Royce to go up to Eddie Bravo this past Metamoris and call him out cause someone TOLD him Bravo was talking s**t about his family, when Bravo has stated many times how he respects the Gracie's. Btw I thought Royler tapped on that Vaporizer. And yes Gracie JJ is not the end all be all, I'm a big fan of a lot of advocates of JJ, Rafael Mendes, Marcelo Garcia, Andre Galvao, Leo Viera, Eddie Bravo/Jean Jacques Machado-Red belt under Rickson Gracie and Dean Lister (one of the best at knee bars) to name a few.

For all you BJJ fans Metamoris is a MUST SEE!!! Rumor is Eddie Bravo vs Leo Viera 2. Metamoris is set up the almost the same way the UFC is, the best in the world in BJJ meet....frickin awesome IMO I've watched 2 and 3 and I can't wait for #4.

Nice. I'll have to check that out.

heard the overall fight card was great. Lawler showing dominance vs Ellenberger. Wonder if he gets another title shot with that win or a match with Matt Brown since the Diaz bros are being crybabies.

Hendo might be done. Just seems to gas out too quickly.

and DILLASHAW!! Bring that belt to Cali! didn't watch the fight but i heard he dominated.
more gameplay footage for EA Sports UFC: grappling

.be
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
heard the overall fight card was great. Lawler showing dominance vs Ellenberger. Wonder if he gets another title shot with that win or a match with Matt Brown since the Diaz bros are being crybabies.

and DILLASHAW!! Bring that belt to Cali! didn't watch the fight but i heard he dominated.

You are right on all points mentioned.

1. Lawler owned Ellenberger and Ellenberger is no chump either. It was a mismatch all the way, Lawler is such a different fighter now, from footwork, head movement, cardio, he's not just a brawler anymore. Not bad for a guy that doesn't spar lol.

2. I didn't watch the Cormier vs. Hendo fight, I kinda figured Cormier would come out on top. Hendo should just hang it up already.

3. I thought Dillashaw was a big under dog vs. Barao, it should've been the other way around. Dillashaw simply picked Barao apart like no one has ever seen before. Dillashaw showed good footwork and mixed it up a lot. Some things I didn't understand though is when Dillashaw was tagging Barao he would go in for the takedown....da fuq.

1. Lawler owned Ellenberger and Ellenberger is no chump either. It was a mismatch all the way, Lawler is such a different fighter now, from footwork, head movement, cardio, he's not just a brawler anymore. Not bad for a guy that doesn't spar lol.

2. I didn't watch the Cormier vs. Hendo fight, I kinda figured Cormier would come out on top. Hendo should just hang it up already.

3. I thought Dillashaw was a big under dog vs. Barao, it should've been the other way around. Dillashaw simply picked Barao apart like no one has ever seen before. Dillashaw showed good footwork and mixed it up a lot. Some things I didn't understand though is when Dillashaw was tagging Barao he would go in for the takedown....da fuq.

on a related note about Lawler, i mentioned Matt Brown as a possible opponent a few hours ago and BOOM, they just announced Lawler/Brown in July. gonna be in the San Jose card!!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

on a related note about Lawler, i mentioned Matt Brown as a possible opponent a few hours ago and BOOM, they just announced Lawler/Brown in July. gonna be in the San Jose card!!

Need to get tickets for this!! Reminds me, one of my favorites fighters Cung Le announced a couple days ago he is gonna fight Michael Bisping in China.
Share 49ersWebzone