There are 274 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
watching 5 hours of that BORING ass ppv event of boxing last night, made me really appreciate MMA.
Originally posted by kujon11:
like what they do with madden every year?

i hope it's different than that. EA did real well with Fight Night.

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
In career mode can you challenge for multiple belts in different weight classes like Penn did with the lightweight and welterweight belts?

they haven't announced anything like that but you had the opportunity to move up or down in the last UFC game. you could do it on Fight Night, too, and EA Sports MMA.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
u jotos need to take this to the arcade section.

[ Edited by ChazBoner on May 6, 2014 at 11:08 AM ]
nate diaz b***hes about his pay and now in the new lightweight rankings he isnt even ranked in the top 15
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
watching 5 hours of that BORING ass ppv event of boxing last night, made me really appreciate MMA.

The one boxing match all boxing fans want to see, they can't give them. I lost a little respect for boxing after Jones vs. Tarver 1, then I lost ALL respect for boxing after Pacquiao lost his belt. Mayweather is a joke, this guy hasn't finished anyone in the last decade or shoot I think in 20 years.

.......moving on, back to MMA/UFC.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

The one boxing match all boxing fans want to see, they can't give them. I lost a little respect for boxing after Jones vs. Tarver 1, then I lost ALL respect for boxing after Pacquiao lost his belt. Mayweather is a joke, this guy hasn't finished anyone in the last decade or shoot I think in 20 years.

Maidana did score a takedown on Floyd doe. Floyd does that double standing armbar as a hold yet the ref says nothing so ...gnp.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Maidana did score a takedown on Floyd doe. Floyd does that double standing armbar as a hold yet the ref says nothing so ...gnp.

Marcellus Wiley looked real angry............"You know who works for the UFC" LOL
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jimrat:
Marcellus Wiley looked real angry............"You know who works for the UFC" LOL

joe's got a point, but mayweather lands one shot, she's done. Which i'm 99.9% sure he would.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by kujon11:
like what they do with madden every year?

i hope it's different than that. EA did real well with Fight Night.

In career mode can you challenge for multiple belts in different weight classes like Penn did with the lightweight and welterweight belts?

they haven't announced anything like that but you had the opportunity to move up or down in the last UFC game. you could do it on Fight Night, too, and EA Sports MMA.

fight night is fun but i wouldnt say ea has done much with it. to this day, it's just fun to have exhibition matches but career mode is still kind of a bore. they just added legacy which actually had some semblance of a story. Why can't they do a story with a user created boxer?
I just realized this thread just went full circle with BJ Penn coaching another Ultimate Fighter.

That was a beastly main card. 4 finishes. Holy cow Matt Brown demolished Erick Silva. But does Matt Brown's punching power suck or is Erick Silva made out of iron? I remember Cruickshank from the UF a few years ago. Dude looked tiny vs. Koch but destroyed him in the end.
That was a beastly main card. 4 finishes. Holy cow Matt Brown demolished Erick Silva. But does Matt Brown's punching power suck or is Erick Silva made out of iron? I remember Cruickshank from the UF a few years ago. Dude looked tiny vs. Koch but destroyed him in the end.

its erick silva guy is tough as nails. he tends to fade in fights but doesnt really ever get dropped
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I miss Tito Ortiz

[ Edited by jrg on May 11, 2014 at 3:43 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crabman82:

its erick silva guy is tough as nails. he tends to fade in fights but doesnt really ever get dropped

I definitely underestimated Matt Brown, he was a beast but I don't see him as a real contender at 170. I'd love to see him fight Nick Diaz first, seriously who has this guy really fought??
EXTREMELY dissappointed by Erick Silva.Dude gassed QUICK.
Share 49ersWebzone