LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Jones looks like he could go another five rounds
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
good fight. teixeira is a tough SOB. Was out classed the whole fight, but remained dangerous till the end.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Dat flying knee

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
good fight. teixeira is a tough SOB. Was out classed the whole fight, but remained dangerous till the end.

Teixeira said he thinks he had a broken rib and bruised shoulder in that fight and still went on, dude is a warrior!!!

My boy Halloway with that win over Team Alpha Midget (Just kidding I love those guys, like I'm any taller).

Rumble Johnson with that UFC comeback, really not much of one but Phil Davis will do. I've always thought Davis was overrated.
i dont have much interest in watching jon jones fight guys he has a remarkable reach over anymore. hes a great fighter but you can see how the playing field is leveled when a fighter with similar dimensions fights him like gustafsson.
Originally posted by crabman82:
i dont have much interest in watching jon jones fight guys he has a remarkable reach over anymore. hes a great fighter but you can see how the playing field is leveled when a fighter with similar dimensions fights him like gustafsson.

It's going to get tougher for Jones with Gustaffson eying a rematch, Cormier waiting in the wings, and now Rumble Johnson making his presence known.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

It's going to get tougher for Jones with Gustaffson eying a rematch, Cormier waiting in the wings, and now Rumble Johnson making his presence known.

truthfully i'm interested in the re-match with gus and maybe a match with cormier. but after that i'd like to see a move to heavyweight and see him take on a guy like travis browne among others where he wont have such a huge advantage in reach and whatever.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Jones plays the cards hes dealt, can't blame him for that. The champ is always gonna be the/a target, it's up to the top contenders to step up. I'd like to see Teixeira vs. Cormier next and Rumble Johnson vs. Gustafsson before any Jones rematches or Jones next fights. I just really would like to see Dana White stir up the Top 10 contenders and see people fight for that #1 contender spot.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Teixeira said he thinks he had a broken rib and bruised shoulder in that fight and still went on, dude is a warrior!!!

My boy Halloway with that win over Team Alpha Midget (Just kidding I love those guys, like I'm any taller).

Rumble Johnson with that UFC comeback, really not much of one but Phil Davis will do. I've always thought Davis was overrated.

I thought jones was gonna break his arm with those standing arm bars, or whatever the hell you'd call that.
the whole card looked to be pretty successful and exciting. missed the Jones/Texeira fight, but from all accounts, it was a dominant victory and Glover showed lots of heart. Rumble Johnson is gonna make a huge impact at 205. he's finally closer to his comfortable weight and he looked explosive.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
the chicks fights always suck. Can we just call it a fail and send it to Bellator?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
the chicks fights always suck. Can we just call it a fail and send it to Bellator?

LOL True but Dana White doesn't want his ho Rhonda Rousey to lose or get hurt by not signing the 2 best women not in the UFC Cyborg or Holly Holm
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Jones plays the cards hes dealt, can't blame him for that. The champ is always gonna be the/a target, it's up to the top contenders to step up. I'd like to see Teixeira vs. Cormier next and Rumble Johnson vs. Gustafsson before any Jones rematches or Jones next fights. I just really would like to see Dana White stir up the Top 10 contenders and see people fight for that #1 contender spot.

i'm not blaming jon jones he fights who is the best available in the weight division. but at the start of his huge run he is on it was stated by him, dana and others that eventually we're looking at a guy who will be a heavyweight. hes around 230 when he fights and the question hasnt been if but when does he make the move up. i'd like to see another gus fight and maybe a cormier one, but after that i dont have much interest in him at 205.
BEAST

• Jiks
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
BEAST

Yeah, just completely over powered him. Didn't even look fair. Looked like a heavy weight fighting a middle weight.
Share 49ersWebzone