There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
trained mainly muay thai for 6 years, on and off. probably some of the best cardio/conditioning workouts

Nice, I've started training again BJJ/Grappling few months ago. Plus crossfit and MMA
Originally posted by scdakine9:
trained mainly muay thai for 6 years, on and off. probably some of the best cardio/conditioning workouts

Nice, I've started training again BJJ/Grappling few months ago. Plus crossfit and MMA

good stuff, man. keep it up. great workouts. tried a little bit of jui jitsu and it's pretty damn hard lol
Can't wait for glover to beat down jon jones!
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Can't wait for glover to beat down jon jones!

not gonna happen, unfortunately.

i honestly feel that Glover is overrated. he's got dynamite in his hands, but he isn't very fast and IMO, has a questionable chin. Jon Jones is gonna pick him apart.

Jones is looking past Glover, with his recent interview about Gustafsson and him and Phil Davis trading verbal jabs.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
A Silva already training
http://instagram.com/p/nHZChiCMt8/
Originally posted by jimrat:
A Silva already training

no wai
Originally posted by jimrat:
A Silva already training

the guy is the MAN! but he still won't bead Weidman.
Silva's done. too old.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Silva's done. too old.

Nicca prolly took a nap after that pic.GRATATA

i honestly feel that Glover is overrated. he's got dynamite in his hands, but he isn't very fast and IMO, has a questionable chin. Jon Jones is gonna pick him apart.

Jones is looking past Glover, with his recent interview about Gustafsson and him and Phil Davis trading verbal jabs.

Why do you think his chin is questionable ? He has been staggered a couple times and I think dropped once but that may be due to his lack of elusivness, he has shown quick recovery though.

Jones also has to be weary of Glover's BJJ. I do think Bones wins ultimately.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Apr 23, 2014 at 4:04 PM ]
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Why do you think his chin is questionable ? He has been staggered a couple times and I think dropped once but that may be due to his lack of elusivness, he has shown quick recovery though.

remembering his fight with Bader, Maldonado, he got hit a few times with clear shots, and in the Bader fight, was clearly rocked. Going against someone that is faster, more accurate, and explosive, i can see Glover getting rocked multiple times
just watched the latest episode of TUF last night. Both those dudes suck. THought the irishman was supposed to be some badass?? And that mexican dude . Stupid f**ker couldn't finish him in the first when he had his shot. Then, the rest of the fight, he's trying to pull a guillotine without guard!? He could've easily wrapped his legs around the dude on a couple of the attempts but he didn't. Almost like he didn't even know how to pull it off. How do dudes like that even get onto the show? It's pathetic.
just watched the latest episode of TUF last night. Both those dudes suck. THought the irishman was supposed to be some badass?? And that mexican dude . Stupid f**ker couldn't finish him in the first when he had his shot. Then, the rest of the fight, he's trying to pull a guillotine without guard!? He could've easily wrapped his legs around the dude on a couple of the attempts but he didn't. Almost like he didn't even know how to pull it off. How do dudes like that even get onto the show? It's pathetic.

haven't watched it yet, but the quality of fighters they're getting on these shows are really lacking. they need to stop doing multiple seasons a year and do harder searching for good talent.

and lol at Lyman Good, bellator champ, not even getting into the house
Originally posted by KRS-1:

remembering his fight with Bader, Maldonado, he got hit a few times with clear shots, and in the Bader fight, was clearly rocked. Going against someone that is faster, more accurate, and explosive, i can see Glover getting rocked multiple times
I have to agree. It just feels like Glover's going to be one step behind Jones throughout the fight. I think Jones' biggest threat will come from Cormier.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Silva's done. too old.

Nicca prolly took a nap after that pic.GRATATA

He would have had a chance with TRT but he missed that bus by a mile!