There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,136
Originally posted by kujon11:
old bjj coach's wife just got title shot against rousey...

So kujon are you still training, you enter any competitions lately??
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
that new middleweight that won TUF a couple days ago could be a legit prospect. looks like a slower version of Lyoto, and probably stronger.

wish i would've skipped Bisping/Kennedy. a lot of theatrics with all the s**t talking before the fight, but those fools respected each other too much. Bisping wasn't even really engaging, which was weird.

oh well, UFC on FOX this Saturday. Excited to see my boy Travis Browne get a big win. also hyped to see Miesha Tate and Barboza/Cerrone!!

Travis Browne is gonna have a long day he better bring his lunch. Werdum will definitely try to use his BJJ (probably the best for a heavy weight), if he stands with Browne it will be lights out for him, then again Browne is no slouch on the ground either.

Anyway I'd like to see Browne take this one, keep the distance, slip in a few nasty jabs that will wear you down then go in for the kill.

i'm expecting a war. one thing i like about Werdum is his willingness and confidence to get better at his standup. now, he's willing to strike instead of just working his BJJ
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,136
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
that new middleweight that won TUF a couple days ago could be a legit prospect. looks like a slower version of Lyoto, and probably stronger.

wish i would've skipped Bisping/Kennedy. a lot of theatrics with all the s**t talking before the fight, but those fools respected each other too much. Bisping wasn't even really engaging, which was weird.

oh well, UFC on FOX this Saturday. Excited to see my boy Travis Browne get a big win. also hyped to see Miesha Tate and Barboza/Cerrone!!

Travis Browne is gonna have a long day he better bring his lunch. Werdum will definitely try to use his BJJ (probably the best for a heavy weight), if he stands with Browne it will be lights out for him, then again Browne is no slouch on the ground either.

Anyway I'd like to see Browne take this one, keep the distance, slip in a few nasty jabs that will wear you down then go in for the kill.

i'm expecting a war. one thing i like about Werdum is his willingness and confidence to get better at his standup. now, he's willing to strike instead of just working his BJJ

Yah I expect Werdum to stand also, but if he gets caught no doubt he will retreat to BJJ. Almost everyone Browne has faced he KO'd. lol

I wonder if winner of this, faces Cain???
That TUF dude who lost was a Bellator champ?

He got taken down a little too easy.

Wutzup with Gina Carano talking ufc comeback with Dana?
Legit or just another dicktease?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Yah I expect Werdum to stand also, but if he gets caught no doubt he will retreat to BJJ. Almost everyone Browne has faced he KO'd. lol

I wonder if winner of this, faces Cain???

Dana just announced yesterday that winner gets Cain
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,984
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
That TUF dude who lost was a Bellator champ?

He got taken down a little too easy.

Wutzup with Gina Carano talking ufc comeback with Dana?
Legit or just another dicktease?

Legit. Dana looking to make a money fight with Ronda. My guess is it doesn't happen until early 2015 (maybe SB weekend?). Gina gonna need time to prepare to get armbarred and Ronda can face finally fight Zingano after Davis (and right before Gina).

Dana said Gina wants to fight whoever the champ is at the time. That is most likely Ronda but anything can happen.
awesome card yesterday. All of the fights, including the prelims, were good. Well all except that Tate vs. Faber fight.
Browne gassed ike a mofo. I was rooting for him....oh well.Tate fight was entertaining.Good free card.
man, that Cerrone/Barboza fight!! Barboza is a fckin beast. so quick, but dude got rocked from that jab lol.

Miesha Tate, tho.....i wanna sleep on her boobies..

I was real impressed with Werdum. He's changed so much since he first was released by the UFC. Browne needs to leave Greg Jackson's camp. those guys are too conservative at times with gameplanning. Would've been nice to see Browne work the leg kicks more
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,136
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Browne gassed ike a mofo. I was rooting for him....oh well.Tate fight was entertaining.Good free card.

I actually think Browne was more hurt than gassed. Browne took a lot of unexpected nasty shots to the head, I think that destroyed his confidence too cause he also couldn't find the range.

Damn Hawaii boyz.
fkn Barboza man. He was kickin ass until that jab.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,984
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
fkn Barboza man. He was kickin ass until that jab.

I thought it was only a matter of time before the Cowboy would be sleeping and then the jab and choke happened.

Cowboy vs Khabib next plz.
nah kolohe, once i moved into my new house, closest good training site was just a little too far for me to drive. just do crossfit now to stay fit. i do miss training though. im one of those white belts that's into his 12th year
Originally posted by kujon11:
nah kolohe, once i moved into my new house, closest good training site was just a little too far for me to drive. just do crossfit now to stay fit. i do miss training though. im one of those white belts that's into his 12th year

I was wondering if anyone in here trains BJJ/MMA/MuayThai/Boxing. Hey Kolohe, where do you train?
Originally posted by scdakine9:
Originally posted by kujon11:
nah kolohe, once i moved into my new house, closest good training site was just a little too far for me to drive. just do crossfit now to stay fit. i do miss training though. im one of those white belts that's into his 12th year

I was wondering if anyone in here trains BJJ/MMA/MuayThai/Boxing. Hey Kolohe, where do you train?

trained mainly muay thai for 6 years, on and off. probably some of the best cardio/conditioning workouts